Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looks like bigfoot has gone mainstream

keninsc

Pathetic, are these people really expecting us to believe they are serious researchers?

More money now thy are funded by Wendy's for them to waste on "OMG did you here that?"

• Like 1

All of the shows do it to some extent. Whether it's just showing their equipment (like in Destination Truth when Josh shows off pieces of kit randomly) or pimpin it out in commercials. Making those shows aren't cheap, have to keep the bread flowing.

Any guesses on what the new Wendy's kid's meals will contain? Beside FabFour figurines and one sasquatch

DNA test kit with postage paid return envelope?

Plaster of Paris?

Sighting report form

Hey, ironically, it might be the most educational kid's meal yet.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

The ironic thing i think about this commercial is that the tone of it seems to say "eh..yeah, yeah...thats bigfoot - we'll catch him another time." Which is pretty much the whole truth. Even if there was such a thing as a real like bigfoot - these jokers have no intention of finding one - that would pretty much sink the concept of their show, now wouldn't it?

What I don't get is how people to continue to believe, with idiots like these championing the cause. **facepalm**

It is an odd marriage: Wendy's and Finding Bigfoot.

Although, I too think the commercial sums it all up perfectly: Bf is always just out of reach, and we always stop short of reaching further.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

That's pretty much it, if they actually find Bigfoot then the show's pretty much over.

Can't go around shooting the cash cow now can they?

• Like 1

I will never spend a penny at Wendys ever again.

Frauds, liars, hoaxers, etc. making money off of their lies is disgusting, and should be illegal. They sell merchandise and such, and are making big bucks now, on the claims they are looking for Bigfoot, and the lies they spew.

Animal Planet, and now Wendys are just helping them.

• Like 1

It's entertainment. Pure and simple. And STILL better than most of the reality garbage on TV these days (Big Brother, Jersey Shore [thank f0ck thats off now], and multitudes of others). FB is nothing but a lark, you KNOW they'll never find one, and they're always spouting retarded crap like "bigfoots like to eat blackberries, it's their favorite" and "squatches love to cuddle under the stars after pillaging a camp and having sex"... no bigfoot have been caught and these guys are experts on their behavior? That's comedy GOLD, not reality.

Sakari, it may surprise you what companies sit behind what shows and fund them, even for a 5 second spot to show their product (notice Chevrolet doesn't fund them, the bowtie is always blanked out but they always drive Chevy. I bet in newer episodes we'll see that change). It's done in tv shows, movies and video games. How do most people deal with it? We say "meh" and move along.

What I don't get is how people to continue to believe, with idiots like these championing the cause. **facepalm**

Just wondering... If you saw a bigfoot with your own eyes, would you believe in them? Would you champion the cause?

I have not seen a bigfoot, but if i did then maybe i would believe

I will never spend a penny at Wendys ever again.

Frauds, liars, hoaxers, etc. making money off of their lies is disgusting, and should be illegal. They sell merchandise and such, and are making big bucks now, on the claims they are looking for Bigfoot, and the lies they spew.

Animal Planet, and now Wendys are just helping them.

I don't know how old any of you are, but when I was growing up (60's 70's) nature shows were all about sharing knowledge with the rest of us. They presented facts and real experiences and we learned a long with the experts. It was a given. We never had to wonder if we were being duped. Sure we still have some shows like that today, but are kids watching them or the "entertainment" variety.

There seems to me, to be such a dichotomy today between science and the general public. And I'm not even talking about creationism. But maybe I am biased as to this effect because I watch this kind of stuff, read about it on the Inet even buy books on it.

Edited by QuiteContrary

It's entertainment. Pure and simple. And STILL better than most of the reality garbage on TV these days (Big Brother, Jersey Shore [thank f0ck thats off now], and multitudes of others). FB is nothing but a lark, you KNOW they'll never find one, and they're always spouting retarded crap like "bigfoots like to eat blackberries, it's their favorite" and "squatches love to cuddle under the stars after pillaging a camp and having sex"... no bigfoot have been caught and these guys are experts on their behavior? That's comedy GOLD, not reality.

Sakari, it may surprise you what companies sit behind what shows and fund them, even for a 5 second spot to show their product (notice Chevrolet doesn't fund them, the bowtie is always blanked out but they always drive Chevy. I bet in newer episodes we'll see that change). It's done in tv shows, movies and video games. How do most people deal with it? We say "meh" and move along.

I know.....

I am not as upset as typing may appear.....Thing is, FB says bigfoot exists.....The other shows are reality shows.

If FB did the same as Destination Truth, where they go into EVERYTHING without saying " Bigfoot is real ", and actually say " if it exists "....I would feel a lot better.

People believe this garbage, and other garbage claims as real....Only because it is on TV.

I don't know how old any of you are, but when I was growing up (60's 70's) nature shows were all about sharing knowledge with the rest of us. They presented facts and real experiences and we learned a long with the experts. It was a given. We never had to wonder if we were being duped. Sure we still have some shows like that today, but are kids watching them or the "entertainment" variety.

There seems to me, to be such a dichotomy today between science and the general public. And I'm not even talking about creationism.

Exactly what I just posted, only in better wording...( I am 47 )

This is another thing, Animal Planet used to be a great educational outlet....." used to ".

Edited by Sakari

Exactly what I just posted, only in better wording...( I am 47 )

This is another thing, Animal Planet used to be a great educational outlet....." used to ".

That's another big problem. I question anything the "used to" be worthwhile channels put on anymore! Even stuff that seems worthwhile.

It nags at the back of my mind "Is this staged? Is that really true? Is this possibly intended as a moneymaking program at the cost of truth?"

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

In FB, the only person that keeps the show from going off into a gaggle of idiocy is Ranae, and she has her moments. I bet bigfoot could be hitting her up doggy style and she wouldn't believe.

I do miss the old nature shows, but times change.

• Like 1

In FB, the only person that keeps the show from going off into a gaggle of idiocy is Ranae, and she has her moments. I bet bigfoot could be hitting her up doggy style and she wouldn't believe.

Would not happen...She does not go that way....Maybe a female Bigfoot.

....and she liked guys. Just saying.

Come to think of it, I did notice the new red haired Wendy girl wasn't in that one.

:unsure2:

Edited by keninsc

Nature documentaries sacrificing education for entertainment isn't anything new. In 1955, Walt Disney himself* shoved a truckload of lemmings off a cliff in White Wilderness perpetuating the myth that lemmings commit mass suicide that many people still believe to this day.

The problem with FB as many people have pointed out is that it states what most other paranormal shows would merely speculate or theorize, as plain fact, making the show the equivalent to shoving a truckload of lemmings off a cliff.

*Walt Disney probably didn't murder those lemmings himself.

Nature documentaries sacrificing education for entertainment isn't anything new. In 1955, Walt Disney himself* shoved a truckload of lemmings off a cliff in White Wilderness perpetuating the myth that lemmings commit mass suicide that many people still believe to this day.

He had a rotating platform for that...

lemmingsu.jpg

Edited by Night Walker

That show is the biggest joke on TV. How can anyone take it serious with Moneymaker and Bobo get real.

The problem with FB as many people have pointed out is that it states what most other paranormal shows would merely speculate or theorize, as plain fact, making the show the equivalent to shoving a truckload of lemmings off a cliff.

Nothing is new under the sun. But several channels have gone from natural fact to fantasy for profit. And there certainly used to be far less of it on TV, and it hurts their credibility when they offer something of substance, imo.

Which and how many of the paranormal shows only speculate? Or use noncommittal language? I'm not familiar with them.

Edited by QuiteContrary