Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Good reads?

Koreyomg

I am having trouble finding some good books to read. I have read a few from the local library..

Life After Death: The Evidence by D'souza

The Awakening Course: The Secret To Solving All Problems by Vitale

Life After Death: The Burden Of Proof by Chopra

I did not really relate to D'Souza as he focuses more on christianity views, though I appreciate the diverse perspectives. Joe Vitale is a scam artist and the book was a complete joke. And I loved the burden of proof. He cleared up a lot of ideas that I had come up with but was unsure about and even brought new ideas into perspective.

I am trying to get some referrals to more books such as that one. Something rich in cultural beliefs, practices, and philosophy.

Thanks! :)

One of my favorites is "Fool's Crow: Power and Wisdom", by Thomas Mails. Fool's Crow was a Sioux holy man, considered "untouchable", meaning he was impeccable. Mails himself is a Lutheran minister, I think. I think Mails also wrote a couple of books about Hopi prophecy, which are also very good.

• Like 1

I am having trouble finding some good books to read. I have read a few from the local library..

Life After Death: The Evidence by D'souza

The Awakening Course: The Secret To Solving All Problems by Vitale

Life After Death: The Burden Of Proof by Chopra

I did not really relate to D'Souza as he focuses more on christianity views, though I appreciate the diverse perspectives. Joe Vitale is a scam artist and the book was a complete joke. And I loved the burden of proof. He cleared up a lot of ideas that I had come up with but was unsure about and even brought new ideas into perspective.

I am trying to get some referrals to more books such as that one. Something rich in cultural beliefs, practices, and philosophy.

Thanks! :)

http://www.victorzammit.com/ this site may help you.

peace

mark

• Like 1

http://www.victorzammit.com/ this site may help you.

peace

mark

That site advocates various psychics and mediums as genuine visionaries of the afterlife. I thought you were a Christian?

Not to mention a few of them are televised as well...

Edited by Sean93

If you're interested in looking at the different world views and beliefs, I'd highly recommend "A Spectator's Guide to World Religions" by John Dickson. It outlines the five major world religions (Chrisitanity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism) and discusses their history, origins, beliefs and practices, as well as pointers for further research if you're interested. It's definitely one to look out for.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Fools Crow does look interesting... Also I did study the major religions in school which was very interesting and teaches a lot about respect. I think I could enjoy that one... Thanks everyone! keep them coming...

Psychology and Alchemy by Carl Jung... im sort of reading it now, its dense and im reading it really slow but I find it fascinating so far

Psychology and Alchemy by Carl Jung... im sort of reading it now, its dense and im reading it really slow but I find it fascinating so far

What is it about?