Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your current mood?

Bonecrusher

Pure Causticum 200 (homeopathic remedy ;) )

• Like 1

I feel absolutely dreadful.I'm at death's door.I've got a runny nose,headache,a hacking cough and feel really,really faint.It probably rates as one of the worst colds I've had the misfortune of getting. So most of the time I'm just bedridden.It was an enormous effort just to post this.I also feel depressed because I want confirmation of my actual starting date at work.I hate all the red tape and discussions in dark corners.This I why I hate Easter now.When I was working it felt like a welcome break but now it feels like an inconvenience.

I know I've got a few replys pending but I'm too sluggish to even have a go.If you want my honest opinion I had too much exposure to the elements in Doncaster.As soon as I'm fit to take on the world I'll resume full time posting.Until then my bed beckons...

Edited by G Donnelly

I have felt a huge surge of adrenaline for the past three hours and I am listening to heavy metal and hard rock. As a result of the adrenaline rush, I am going to get up and go see some people.

• Like 1

I have felt a huge surge of adrenaline for the past three hours and I am listening to heavy metal and hard rock. As a result of the adrenaline rush, I am going to get up and go see some people.

I admire your positive,outgoing attitude!

Anxious ..... I've chewed most of my fingers(and thumbs), to bits.

Worried and in pain

I've had a headache at the base of my skull for over a month now, one eye is blurred and I can't afford to have either one investigated by a medical professional and for the last couple days every time I close my eyes I see giant mushrooms. Never in my life have I ever considered myself a doomsayer or end of the world panicky type of person but I am worried. and the headache isn't helping

Restless, cranky, and in pain.

Started going back to the gym this weekend so my right hip (which was damaged in a car wreck nearly ten years ago) isn't feeling so great today. I'm tired of my job and want something new, so restless and cranky.

You don't wanna know.

Well NOW I do!

Sorry. I had to fire someone today.

:( Oh... sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Nil desperandum.

I can't believe an unsteady dustpan could cause so much turmoil for Kayla.Well it whacked her on the side of the head.This caused her to have bleeding gums and loose teeth.So me and my sister decided she had to be put under.However we decided to kill three birds with one stone.Because there was suspicious looking lumps on her left leg and right ear which could have been cancerous cysts.After the op even though her breath didn't stink anymore the removed cysts had to be sent off for further testing.The news is bad because the one on her leg was malignant.So I've checking to see if Turmeric,garlic and Vitamin C can encourage any cancerous growths not to re-emerge.The cancer could spread to her bones and cause severe ligament damage.We are fast running out of insurance cover for this.

Kayla's condition is getting worse.Despite today being the brightest day I've seen in Wales,we couldn't go to any beaches.So we were holed up in our cottage.Still it wasn't a complete loss because we still managed to get some sun and chat with the chickens,a turkey and a goat.Which is why we're returning in September to an other cottage on the grounds with a better view.

However Ty has improved beyond all recognition.He's like a completely different dog with a new lease of life.That's down to this dog physio who managed to get full usage out of his legs and strengthen the muscles.So I feel really sorry that he didn't get a chance to strengthen then further at New Quay.Still whenever I get the chance I have a game of pool in the barn.

Oh and Swindon are on the blink of getting to the play-offs.Crewe Alexandra must have had their heads in the clouds last Tuesday.But it puts the Franchise in a catch 22 position.

Edited by G Donnelly

Is hungry a mood?

No, not a mood.

I remember we used to have large family meetings in rehab once a week, where the 40 of us, and visiting families, would congregate in the large group room to have a couple hour long meeting/lesson/group thing. One of the weekly greeting exercises was to go around to every single person in the mass of people in the room, all introducing themselves by name, and giving two mood/emotions they were currently feeling at the moment. The group organizer would state right before this weekly ritual in a joking matter that "tired and hungry are not emotions", and should be left out when giving your two mood descriptions. But, each session, without fail, at least a few people would nevertheless use 'tired' or 'hungry' in their 'emotions'. It was hilarious.

I am now feeling 'somewhat contemplative' after recalling that funny memory, which coincidentally happened to be one of the mood describers I and a few others would commonly use in these sessions in humor, because a guru type who ran our weekly Tai Chi class would always start his sessions by asking us how we are, and then telling us how he was: always saying the same few describing words, ending with "and somewhat contemplative".

Memories.

Tired can describe an emotion however example "I'm so tired of being unemployed....... ( < it works for me this week )

How does mood differ from emotion? If I'm in an angry mood, does that differ from my experiencing the emotion of anger?

Is one's mood entirely determined by the particular chemicals in one's brain? If so, how do these chemicals go about producing this effect. I take my "happy pills" (Prozac) regularly and I don't get depressed, although I can still get sad if something sad happens. What the hell is going on?

meh <_< ................

• 9 months later...

Well things have improved since my last post.I now deal with trainers,trackie bottoms and hoodies at my workplace on a regular basis.But it's enough for me to be in line for the Gold Standard though that's neither here or there.Better get back to Facebook then before I say UFO's don't freakin exist....

I was in the 'life sucks' mood a few minutes ago, now I feel like I'm trapped. I can't wait for time to go by faster.