Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gnomes, faeries and elves

trancelikestate

I have a photo from my wifes garden if a a bright light with 2 wings I didn't beleave in fairys but my wifes wiccin and loves fairys she has fairy houses and everything she also leaves crumbs of cake and barrys in the window I yelled out loud that fairys don't exsit next thing I know it seems like stuff I put down seems to move places and the cat runs through the house and keep looking at his tail while he's running and all my wife dose is smiles and walks away I still not sure if they are real but picturs are turning up wird and my wife says they like me and like to mess and play pranks on me

I have a photo from my wifes garden if a a bright light with 2 wings I didn't beleave in fairys but my wifes wiccin and loves fairys she has fairy houses and everything she also leaves crumbs of cake and barrys in the window I yelled out loud that fairys don't exsit next thing I know it seems like stuff I put down seems to move places and the cat runs through the house and keep looking at his tail while he's running and all my wife dose is smiles and walks away I still not sure if they are real but picturs are turning up wird and my wife says they like me and like to mess and play pranks on me

would you be able to post that picture? I think it would be interesting to see

any one ever heard the legend of all the fairys fleeing britain when the first church bell rang? think i heard that in a documentry about fairies in finland ( i think), apparently its one of the places christianity didnt evangelize much.v

the mythology of fairies is worldwide in places that dnt seem like they interacted much with other cultures

I do believe in the fair folk. And when I spill the salt I always toss a bit over my left shoulder to share.

i thought the lore was that a fairy had to count every grain of salt, i can imagine them now, cursing as u . casually throw it over your shoulder lol

the mythology of fairies is worldwide in places that dnt seem like they interacted much with other cultures

Hawaii has menehune, Guam has duendes, and the Native American Utes have piticupf. I'd bet almost every culture has these kinds of stories.

I think they didn't retreat anywhere, they still live where they always have.. I think it is us who have moved away from them.. There's a metaphysical element to fairies, gnomes and the crazy stuff of old that we didn't understand way back then, and understand even less nowadays.. Their lores and way of life is unusual to us almost to the point now of suggesting that they exist in another dimension that is paralell to our own..

This is what is thought by some. And that they are seen in old sacred places because these are places were the barrier between worlds is thin.

There was an experience when I was four. Family was in forest, walking, mushrooming, picnic, that sort of thing. However, in a clearing I had wandered off, though still in sight of parents. At time I had no knowledge of what happened until parents told me some years later. They said that they saw a creature standing next to me. It was not fully defined, but they said it was similar to how elves are said to look. It was taller than me, about hight of ten year old or perhaps a bit bigger. I never even sensed any presense by me. My parents are rational and not affected by any nonsense, so when they told me, I believed them. When I was twelve I saw these creatures for myself, and more than once. I still try to rationalise this. This subject is difficult, there are odd and disturbing aspects about what an "elf" is. There are "horror" aspects in that they may have been dead. I don't go with ufologists, pyramidiots, conspiracy theorists and new-age fakeness. But I know what I saw, I saw elves, and imps.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 1

There was an experience when I was four. Family was in forest, walking, mushrooming, picnic, that sort of thing.

Maybe this is a key word...

This is what is thought by some. And that they are seen in old sacred places because these are places were the barrier between worlds is thin.

There was an experience when I was four. Family was in forest, walking, mushrooming, picnic, that sort of thing. However, in a clearing I had wandered off, though still in sight of parents. At time I had no knowledge of what happened until parents told me some years later. They said that they saw a creature standing next to me. It was not fully defined, but they said it was similar to how elves are said to look. It was taller than me, about hight of ten year old or perhaps a bit bigger. I never even sensed any presense by me. My parents are rational and not affected by any nonsense, so when they told me, I believed them. When I was twelve I saw these creatures for myself, and more than once. I still try to rationalise this. This subject is difficult, there are odd and disturbing aspects about what an "elf" is. There are "horror" aspects in that they may have been dead. I don't go with ufologists, pyramidiots, conspiracy theorists and new-age fakeness. But I know what I saw, I saw elves, and imps.

interesting story. could we get some more detail? What did they look like? what were they wearing? Language? What were they doing? where (what country and area)? etc etc

I think it's possible they live in a dimension close enough to ours that they can travel back & forth. Quantum mechanics posed the theory of at least 8 separate dimensions, why wouldn't they be as full of life as our dimension?

Well, when I was a child, I was a very lonely kid. I had an imaginary friend. He was not very big and would meet me in a strip of bush neat a big rock. I was convinced he was an elf, he didn't have wings. Whether he was real or not, he lessened my loneliness.

any one ever heard the legend of all the fairys fleeing britain when the first church bell rang? think i heard that in a documentry about fairies in finland ( i think), apparently its one of the places christianity didnt evangelize much.v

Never heard of all the wee folk being driven out with the first church bell... But there are some stories out there of wee folk being driven away from particular churches due to their bells. And there's some stories about Avalon and Glastonbury's church bells.

Perhaps the driving has something to do with the church, or perhaps because a lot of church bells have been cast out of iron.

However, there are also stories about wee folk liking bells too, and bells being able to attract them.

me and my friends went down to the park around 11:00 at night and we saw this weird blue orb floating through the brush. call me crazy but inside the blue orb was a little human figure with wings.

interesting story. could we get some more detail? What did they look like? what were they wearing? Language? What were they doing? where (what country and area)? etc etc

To show what they looked like is difficult. I last saw them when I was twelve back in 1984, outside Omsk. However, a picture is better than words. here is a drawing from artist Froud. This is not what I saw, but it is close. In the reality the limbs were shorter and more human like, there was no wing type appendages or hat. There were pointed ears, but shorter and more subtly pointed. And there were no clothes, nothing. I do not remember any speach or sound from them, I think what I saw was not fully in our world. A slightly fuzzy image that could not create soundwaves through the barrier. They were about my size, and young looking, but they were old, very very old. I think some were people once, long ago, but they died and became elves in another realm. I believe there is a connection with the "bog bodies" and bodies buried under all the ancient burial mounds scattered all over Europe. I have been a long time trying to find them again, trying to find them in the old darkplaces seen from corner of your eye or in a dream.

e6414dadf52e.jpg

• 1 year later...

Id like more info on the fair ones that like bells--i collect fairy & folk tales from all over & can't recall any that like bells--do you have a country or better a title anything please & thank you

I haven't met one yet. But i do try to follow faery rules and manners when around things that look like it might be something of theirs.

I find it interesting that alot of older people claim to have had SEEN them. Makes me wonder if they are telling the truth and if so why there are less sightings now? Or if its a matter of physcology due to a more superstitious mindset or are old people just plain liars and take amusement in telling us younger people such stories

In speculation, perhaps the reason there are fewer sightings to date may be in relation to the adaptation of the environment. I'm assuming 'old country' is referring to America, which has seen the growth of a capitalist system within the past few decades. I'm not a fairy expert, but seeing as fairies are typically associated with nature and natural beauty, perhaps they are being drawn elsewhere where there isn't quite so much concrete, and thus in smaller communities where there are fewer people to report these sightings? Just an idea :)

When I was 7 years old, I saw something that I took to be a fairy. I was in my bedroom on a sunny weekend, and my bedroom window was on the second floor of the house. Nothing beneath that, although ten years later a conservatory had been built so the roof was under my window. Back when I was 7 there wasn't a conservatory but a long drop down to the floor in the garden. The garden was always pretty with lots of flowers and fruit trees.

This lady just materialised right outside my bedroom window. She was a glittery blue and green colour, her hair was dark and shoulder length and she wore a long dress. She smiled at me and I was so shocked that I covered my eyes with my hands. When I looked up again the lady disappeared.

i thought the lore was that a fairy had to count every grain of salt, i can imagine them now, cursing as u . casually throw it over your shoulder lol

Lol no its rude not to share. I thought it was vampires that have the ocd thing going on have to count everything spilled and freaks out if they come across untied shoes.

Edited by emberdawn