Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Consumers not open to electric cars

Render

The much criticized Agenda 21 is all about intelligent planning such that people can work within easy reach of work and such that they can readily do so using public transport. It is a blueprint for sustainable local communities which will not implode once oil gets unaffordable. Suburbia is a ticking time bomb just waiting to plunge millions of people into poverty.

Br Cornelius

I agree.

The thing is, improving efficiency of personal vehicles will push that explosion back to allow more time for the planning and execution of a more sustainable employment grid. To pull it off, there's going to need to be far more emphasis on relatively local goods and services. This sort of thing doesn't happen overnight...

They cost too damn much. Bring the price down to $10,000 and I might think about it.

Art

• 2 weeks later...

They cost too damn much. Bring the price down to $10,000 and I might think about it.

Art

You get what you pay for.

I certainly wouldn't pay for an electric car that cost $10,000.

You get what you pay for.

I certainly wouldn't pay for an electric car that cost $10,000.

Plus they worked out more expensive to run than a Golf Bluemation on cost of fuel vs electricity.