Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NSW Facing worst Fire Danger Day Recorded

libstaK

Every national park in NSW is to be closed as the state faces its worst fire danger day in history with severe, extreme and catastrophic conditions.

A total fire ban will be in place across NSW on Tuesday with temperatures in the state's far west predicted to hit 45C, while the mercury is forecast to climb to 43C in Sydney - the third highest on record.

"Having had record rain ... we are about to have record dangers," Premier Barry O'Farrell told reporters in Sydney on Monday.

"Tomorrow will be perhaps the worst fire danger day the state has ever faced."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/01/07/09/00/bushfire-conditions-awful-on-tuesday

With over 70 recorded fires in the last few days for NSW this does not bode well.

I hope all our NSW UM Members and their family and friends who may be affected heed the warnings of departing early and evacuating immediately where asked to do so.

Keep safe, my thoughts are with you.

• Like 3

I would think it would be safer to have a national fire ban during summer. In WA our fire bans start in October I think.

But yeah hopefully it's not too bad for these guys.

With over 70 recorded fires in the last few days for NSW this does not bode well.

The other day the news was saying it was 135 in NSW alone. It's amazing how many fires are around in Australia right now. In Tasmania and just others around the country because of this heat wave and the winds. The whole news is basically fire news and even tonight ACAs show was a special edition on the fires. And I find it nice timing with the fires in regards to my dream a few days ago.

It mainly started where I was sitting with a group of about 8, around a wooden table under a pergola that was connected to the house. The house was in the lower part of a valley completely surrounded by hills and it was like it was christmas day or something and people were all together talking.

It was a very pretty area and we were in the middle of the bush as if up in the Northern Territory or somewhere like that. Trees were everywhere and nothing else was around us but trees and tall hills. The people were all talking and I said something about you wouldnt want a bushfire through here which made them quite for a moment. (lol, I guess Im not the best at socializing). Then I could here the wind moving over the hills and through the valley. I asked them to all be quite for a moment so I could listen and enjoy the silence and the wind which was wonderful but they carried on talking and didnt seem to appreciate it as much as I did.

At this point I went lucid and I said something else I forget, to which an old man said something about taking 30 years to fly non stop to get to a certain place which I think he implied was cold. I think he meant it as if you could fly but its warmer here with other people. But I stood up and flew into the air and hovered out from the pergola, I turned and said to them this is for me, as if I like the silence and the wind much more than the pointless chatting.

Then I said the name of God a few times in the breathing way. I breathed in Y and breathed out V and then I turned again flew up to the tallest hill very fast, I flew over the land and I found an aboriginal lady at one stage(I think she was like a witch). I landed and kissed her. She was very beautiful and I flew off after that I think. I forget parts because the dreaming was very long and I was lucid from about 6:45ish to 10:30. Every now and then I would wake up but I just went straight back into the dream and kept flying.

Then I decided to fly higher and to the moon again so I flew very quickly to it. Anyway I reached the moon in about 4-5 seconds. And I flew past it at first and had to turn around because I wanted to land on it this time. But the moon was reddish and not like the moon. It was more like mars or something.

Found in more detail here. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74640&st=765

Anyway so I looked up meanings for red moon and found it was symbolic of fires, so I was waiting for some fire news to pop up. And I didnt have to wait long. I think 2 days(I'm not totally sure on when the fire in Tassie started)but I think it was the 4th?

So its all been quite interesting. All I hear is Burn.

I have to admit Kazahel, this series of fires has me more spooked than usual. After all, we have fires every summer, maybe because there are so many or the intense heat this year is a little surreal. I hope this fizzles tbh, at least I hope we don't see another Black Saturday this year or anytime for that matter.

Surreal is a good word. I guess what will be, will be.

I can't believe the temperatures Tasmania has been getting lately. It's unusual to hear that there are major bushfires down there.

• Like 1

I can't believe the temperatures Tasmania has been getting lately. It's unusual to hear that there are major bushfires down there.

Yes, that surprised me too. It's such a lush green landscape, I've never associated it with being dry enough to burn like that.

I wish you guys well. Here in the US last summer we had record heat, drought and some really serious fires.

• Like 1

I wish you guys well. Here in the US last summer we had record heat, drought and some really serious fires.

Thanks Hilander, I'm not in a fire danger zone. Some louts in our area though, have set 3 fires so far in empty paddocks. One paddock backed onto a retirement village. The fire was put out in time but it could have been tragic with some old folk not so easy to move out of harms way due to disabilities. I hope they find them and throw the proverbial book at them. <_<

As for my fellow Aussies, I do hope they stay safe too.

Thanks Hilander, I'm not in a fire danger zone. Some louts in our area though, have set 3 fires so far in empty paddocks. One paddock backed onto a retirement village. The fire was put out in time but it could have been tragic with some old folk not so easy to move out of harms way due to disabilities. I hope they find them and throw the proverbial book at them. <_<

As for my fellow Aussies, I do hope they stay safe too.

People can be so unbelievably stupid and callous at times. I can't even imagine what would cause a sane person to light a fire that could possibly maim or kill a stranger. My guess is that youth and alcohol might be involved. Best wishes for all our friends in Oz. Cool wet weather for you is in my prayers!
  • Like 1