Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thoughts on Robert Bauval

Winterwind

AL: I must say you and Robert Bauval look very chummy in that photograph Scott...

SC: Yes, Robert and I have become good friends over the years. Is that a problem for you?

AL: His work is a bit wide ranging to comment on concisely, but I will say that having "encountered" him on the Hall of Maat and Graham Hancock forums I have the strong impression that money is never far away from his thoughts. His "contributions" seem mainly to consist of telling people to buy his book, or to find out more in his next book (once they've bought it of course). I could be wrong of course, but that is the impression I get. And he churns out books like nobody's business, clearly knowing that there's a ready market of "fans". I doubt anyone has that many "big" ideas in one lifetime that they can fill so many books with them.

SC: We all have to earn a crust. RB does so by investing a lot of his time and money in research in the hope that he will earn his crust in book sales. As does Zahi Hawass and even Mark Lehner. RB is really no different in this regard.

AL: Did he charge you for that picture?

SC: Tee hee!

In my experience with people who badly want others to believe them....when someone says that a opponent of their theory did not argue against, it usually means that the opponent refused to argue... Failure to Not-Agree is not Agreeing.

SC: Trust me… Dr Krupp most certainly tried to argue against.

Regards,

SC

We certainly do. But Bauval seems to want the entire loaf.

SC: Tee hee. So long as he doesn't hog the entire bakery, I don't begrudge him his loaf.

Regards,

SC