Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Did You Learn Today?

sarah_444

I learned today that when planting a large rose bush in a larger pot...don't fill it with water until you get it where you want it on your porch.

17 lbs of potting doesn't sound heavy, but add the water to soak it, and you've got a heavy pot to lift. :cry:

• Like 2

I learned today that the moon isn't always round, sometimes it's a slice.

• Like 2

I learned that I have left my chequebook at home and I need it. Pah!

I learned that more peole than I care to know, are - horrible

Editied - also that I can't spell when I am angry

Edited by Mistydawn
  • Like 3

Today I learned that watching educational TV is more interesting and productive than watching reality TV.

Edited by MainerMikeBrown

I learned that motivational college posters should not be put up around classrooms as they cannot escape my wrath.

Observe:

tROLOLOLO_zpsb6b7ad4e.jpg

Guy's gotta' get by somehow, right?

Edited by Sean93

I learned that the ancient business software Lotus 1-2-3 is still being supported by IBM.

Today I learned that inspiration can be found when you truly hope to find it and that sometimes flipping a problem completely over may just give you the answer you need.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I learnt that Barr Beacon in the Walsall area is the highest point following it's latitude eastwards until the Ural Mountains in Russia.

I learned today that noone has ever nor can ever love me like my dog does. :wub:

• Like 1

if you pull to hard the line would snap . if you let it loose you'd lose it

Today I learned(was reminded, more accurately), that homeopathy works like magic!

I learned how to install corner shelves...sort of.

I learned that some of the spring bulbs I'm forcing to grow in my windows are starting to bloom...(little things make me happy)

I learned that how easy it is to burn pasta when I'm distracted and forget that I put it in the pot to cook.

I learned that I really really want another dog. Specifically one of the golden retriever puppies that a friend's dog had a month ago. But I can't... :cry:

• Like 3

I learned today, that I can't trust myself to be true to myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Early this morning I learned what 'frangible' bullets are ....... and I really wish I hadn't :cry: . Seriously, why would anyone want to use such things? What situation could possibly justify their use? As if 'ordinary' bullets were not bad enough.

• Like 1

1) I learnt that the UK cannot handle snow.

2) I learnt how easy it is for journalists to badly misreport scientific papers and create sensationalistic news articles which makes it very easy to put doubt into the mind of the public regarding GPs, pushing ever more people towards to dubious field of complementary and alternative medicine.

Edited by Queen in the North

Today I learned that Treasure Island near San Francisco is considerably radioactively contaminated in areas, left over from its Naval base days.

I later learned that it was built on a landfill... then later learned that the term landfill in this case meant dirt/Earth/rock put in the ocean.. not a bunch of garbage.

I've lived in the greater Bay area for almost 30 years. :blush:

I learnt that N- Trance of "Set Me Free" fame hail from Oldham.

I also learnt that Professor Brian Cox has his roots in Oldham too...

• Like 1

I relearned today that there are no coincidences, because I just came from the thread that reminded me it’s the little things that make life worth living, into this thread, on this page that starts with sarah’s little bulb things starting to bloom :D

And now this little no-coincidence thing makes me happy, along with my various bulbs in the garden starting to bloom.

In other words, I learned today that you can't have too many bulbs.

• Like 3

Today I learned, yet again, that I tend to make mountains out of mole hills.