Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Did You Learn Today?

sarah_444

The theme music to the recently-resurrected 'TFI Friday' (Chris Evans' music & talk show) was originally the theme written for the late 60's series 'Man In A Suitcase'.

Bonus Trivia: It was written by Ron Grainer, who wrote the 'Dr. Who' theme amongst others.

• Like 1

Today I learned that YA AMAR is a sly bugger when it comes to applying letters like Y and X in word puzzles.

• Like 1

today I learned that whenever I'm in a big hurry, the person in

front of me ..isn't.....

*sorry bout the edit

Edited by mskate
  • Like 3

oh yeah , and I've learned that good quality underwear is worth the extra money $$$ -you bet ya-

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

that i can't stay up all night watching election returns like i did in 2004... at least, not without feeling really sick the next morning.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

That I really am enjoying life without my ex . Life is good and today was great 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkenpath25 said:

That I really am enjoying life without my ex . Life is good and today was great 

Yea, sure.  Betcha within a year you have replaced her.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 1:11 PM, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

that i can't stay up all night watching election returns like i did in 2004... at least, not without feeling really sick the next morning.

That is one of the benefits of living in Asia -- I don't spend all my time watching the American stock market as it is closed when I am up (I have an American brokerage account and trade on the internet, but now I can keep a certain distance and don't have to have CNBC on the TV all the time).

• Like 2

That a person does need sleep, no wonder so many die for no reason, well maybe its no sleep like vehicle/trucker accidents.

• Like 1

I learned today that the LAPD shoot and kill people who annoy them.  :(

(In broad daylight at a busy street corner)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Eldorado said:

I learned today that the LAPD shoot and kill people who annoy them.  :(

(In broad daylight at a busy street corner)

That of course is an exaggeration, and I'm sure you agree.  It does bring up the problem though of vetting police officers.  So much attention is paid to vetting potential immigrants, to make sure they have no criminal record (like maybe being arrested for marijuana possession) but little to the attitudes and psychology of those who would become the police.

I don't think I have ever met a police officer who did not have authority problems -- either of ego or of relationships.  In short, of all the people who should not be allowed to become police, those who want to be police would be top of the list.

• Like 1

I learnt today that the supermarket is a breeding ground for disease and bacteria.  I nipped in yesterday and today I now have another cold!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

To keep my ears open and my mouth shut

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will be trying this cracked hands cream so -- I have some hide LEFT ON MY HANDS !IMG_4163zims-683x1024.jpg

Edited by MWoo7

• 2 weeks later...

to stop forgetting my rain jacket when we are having thunderstorms

• Like 2

I've learned not to hang my leather jacket next to an almost identical one, mine was taken. (I hope by accident)  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tcgram said:

I've learned not to hang my leather jacket next to an almost identical one, mine was taken. (I hope by accident)  

:(

I learned that if I don't go get myself milk from the store or ask someone to get me some milk then am not drinking milk.

• Like 3

Same here, I learned that if you don't get it done yourself (kids cereal milk) , well just have to do things yourself if you want it done.  I've an acquaintance that makes sure to get wrong brands and if I've mentioned NOTHING! from bacteria etc. etc. driven Mexico in vegetables, well that's what I get with a oh that's all they had at the time.

Just get it done yourself, saves loads of hassle.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, acute said:

I learned that burns seem to take forever to heal.

It depends on how good your immune system is.

• Like 1