Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Show us your EGO!

Professor T

Alrighty! Pictures :w00t: ! Atentutankh-pasheri speaks my language ....... combine these three pictures and you see my Ego:

imagesCAO5BI3P_zps72762252.jpg

foghornleghorn3_zps7d1cef56.jpg

imagesCAG2UN1L_zps78e4048b.jpg

• Like 6

Hmmmmmmmm... This is a very vague response..

There's no clear definition here between entities & egos..

no clear definition here between spirits & egos..

Do you mean Entities and Spirits as extentions of your Ego?

Well.... either they are a separate ego or they are extensions of my own psyche. But anyway, I did not mean to get into all that.

• Like 1

I like this thread Prof T! I personally gravitate towards Jung... Some of Freud's deductions regarding infants and the stages, is a bit er um well... just look it up! It makes uncomfortable reading.

I think we all looooooove having our Ego's stroked B) But underneath it all, nearly almost everybody just wants to be accepted and loved. I know the 'child' in us comes out when we are hurt by harsh comments and I see this frequently here on UM :passifier:

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 3

Well.... either they are a separate ego or they are extensions of my own psyche. But anyway, I did not mean to get into all that.

so you dont know. Sweet as..

I like this thread Prof T! I personally gravitate towards Jung... Some of Freud's deductions regarding infants and the stages, is a bit er um well... just look it up! It makes uncomfortable reading.

I think we all looooooove having our Ego's stroked B) But underneath it all, nearly almost everybody just wants to be accepted and loved. I know the 'child' in us comes out when we are hurt by harsh comments and I see this frequently here on UM :passifier:

Awesome! another Jungan! lol.

axoh08.jpg

Am keen to hear your's Blue-stars ideas on Ego because I know very little from the Jungan school of thought.

Hmmmm, will look up freudian deductions on child development.. am not familar with it..

Edited to add: Geesh! okay, 5 minute google search on freudian deductions on child development and the opening paragraph on psychosexual development.. That's jogged my memory, and i'm with you on that..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

Awesome! another Jungan! lol.

axoh08.jpg

Am keen to hear your's Blue-stars ideas on Ego because I know very little from the Jungan school of thought.

Hmmmm, will look up freudian deductions on child development.. am not familar with it..

Edited to add: Geesh! okay, 5 minute google search on freudian deductions on child development and the opening paragraph on psychosexual development.. That's jogged my memory, and i'm with you on that..

I will get back to you Prof T! Time for beauty sleep here in the UK.. night night :sleepy:

One the first point.. nope.. & Actually I wasn't just referring to Sherapy, I was also referring to anyone who has made defensive remarks regarding likes per post..

On your second point, no sour grapes here.. But on the Ego front I did have a giggle.. (I guess that is a defensive gesture)

My only gripe about Sherapy's posts is she has invested her time and energy in Quizzing me about Ego, my intention to disect it, and my purpose for picking it apart, and how I percieve it.

But she hasn't answered my one Question below????

Failure to get back to me on this is a sour grape offence imo for the following reasons..

1. I invested my time and energy to seriously draw a picture of Sherapy's Ego, and she has not confirmed or denied whether I was right or wrong.. This leaves me sitting here thinking "Well, I just wasted my time and energy for nothing..."
  2. Failing to get a result from this little experiment in gleaning now leaves me thinking "Why did she not answer with a simple Yes or No?" Was I bang on and somehow offended her? Or was I completely wrong and her failure to answer my simple question (after answering her tirade of questions) is just a symptom of a Ego who just takes and doesn't give back to others who are percieved as unimportant satellites around her ego?
  3. My ego enjoy's being right.. and let's face it, if you have an ego (even if it's on a leash) it loves being right, but more importantly it loves to be acknowleded and not quzzed then thrown away without so much as a response or a thankyou..

I was just curious on how you were defining Ego. Thank you .

In real life-- I am detailed oriented, I do not miss too much. The feedback from those that know me seem to support that this is a valid aspect of what is manifesting as "me."

@8ty (Thank you for defending my ego honor)

@Star of the Sea-- Always a joy to read your posts, I hope life is finding you well.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

In real life-- I am detailed oriented, I do not miss too much. The feedback from those that know me seem to support that this is a valid aspect of what is manifesting as "me."

@Star of the Sea-- Always a joy to read your posts, I hope life is finding you well.

Thanks Sherapy..

• Like 1

Alrighty! Pictures :w00t: ! Atentutankh-pasheri speaks my language ....... combine these three pictures and you see my Ego:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm bloody useless at pictionary.. :no: I need words and the meaning between the lines!!

:angry: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ok, Ill give it a go though..

Ouija ouija is a Dragon Lady.. er, who yells at little kids... er, and wears tutus when she goes to the park to yell at kids..

Am I right? :unsure:

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

Ooh! Ooh! I have got to take a crack at this as well, Prof T. Let's see:

The dragon resembles Ouija's exotic personality and also a taste for the exotic as well; could be specifically for things of the oriental nature. Could also mean she feels herself as being like a empress. (sounds like a trait of the Leo)

Foghorn Leghorn yelling at Chickenhawk resembles her intolerance to specific behavior or actions, impatient with

ignorance. Specifically there are some things people do, that really p***es her off to no end. Or sometimes she

can become irritated, easily provoked into anger, possibly moody. (sounds like another trait of the Leo, btw)

The ballerina resembles Ouija seeing herself as being graceful, carrying herself with class, dignity, having

occupational prestige. Or just simply having a elegant personality. (that can be a Leo trait, as well)

And there you go, probably none of it is right. But I tryed, anyway. :D

• Like 2

The dragon resembles Ouija's exotic personality and also a taste for the exotic as well; could be specifically for things of the oriental nature. Could also mean she feels herself as being like a empress. (sounds like a trait of the Leo)

Foghorn Leghorn yelling at Chickenhawk resembles her intolerance to specific behavior or actions, impatient with

ignorance. Specifically there are some things people do, that really p***es her off to no end. Or sometimes she

can become irritated, easily provoked into anger, possibly moody. (sounds like another trait of the Leo, btw)

The ballerina resembles Ouija seeing herself as being graceful, carrying herself with class, dignity, having

occupational prestige. Or just simply having a elegant personality. (that can be a Leo trait, as well)

That's very good Purifier! (Not so good Prof. T. :( )

I do see myself as regal in some way, which is absolutely ludicrous if you observe me IRL ..... it's pure ego! I'm not into oriental things particularly, it's just that I was born in a Chinese year of the Dragon and that describes me very accurately. For me there are two types of dragon that I 'channel' at different times: there's the one in the photo above who is colourful and loud and flashy but is very fragile and only made of paper(I'm trying to avoid using the word 'shallow' here!). Then there's the one in the heavens who chases(indeed, sometimes briefly holds), the Pearl .... protects it too.

The Foghorn Leghorn thing: nothing to add there .... you got it spot on :blush: !

As for the ballerina, well, I've been in love with ballet since the first time I was taken to a live performance, aged about 9 ....... that world onstage is where I have always wanted to live. Why? no-one speaks and there is always lovely music playing! To some extent I am always partly(in my head) in that world ........ completely on my own, gracefully dancing en pointe. (This is also laughable if you know me IRL!).

8 out of 10 Purifier :lol:

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2

Hi Sheri,

Lovely to see you posting! Hope you are keeping well too! :st

so you dont know. Sweet as..

Well.... I think I know. I'm just an agnostic at heart, so I allow for other possibilities. But I'm comfortable with my personal assessment at the moment. I find it beneficial to seperate and walk on both sides, but indeed, in my heart, I only walk on one.

• Like 1

Well.... I think I know. I'm just an agnostic at heart, so I allow for other possibilities. But I'm comfortable with my personal assessment at the moment. I find it beneficial to seperate and walk on both sides, but indeed, in my heart, I only walk on one.

You think you know, but indeed, in your heart, you walk on one side? so you dont know. Sweet as..

Hmmmmmmmm, am no expert but it occurs to me that knowing if a non-physical presence is part of ones Ego or a spirit/entity couldn't be determined or seperated by walking on both sides.. But could be determined and separated by standing on the line or becomming the line, or in the very least, knowing where the line is in relation to Ego & eternal factors.

Hi Prof T,

I particularly like Jung’s theories on the ‘Persona’. I think we all ‘put on a mask’ to hide ‘our true self. Very few people are able to suppress their Ego's. When we drop the mask and stop hiding a really important part of of our true nature then we are actually being more honest with ourselves and to others. It’s very liberating taking off the mask and in essence that’s who we really are. Jung’s theories on the ‘collective consciousness’ is bang on in my opinion. We are all ‘connected’ somehow. I do however, have a favourite Psychologist and that is Gerard Egan and he resonates with me the most. I incorporate Jung and Egan with his person-centred approach but also work with other Psychologist’s theories but there are too many to name.

• Like 3

You think you know, but indeed, in your heart, you walk on one side? so you dont know. Sweet as..

Hmmmmmmmm, am no expert but it occurs to me that knowing if a non-physical presence is part of ones Ego or a spirit/entity couldn't be determined or seperated by walking on both sides.. But could be determined and separated by standing on the line or becomming the line, or in the very least, knowing where the line is in relation to Ego & eternal factors.

Not if there is no line to walk on or the line is so large and fuzzy it's impossible to discern. Skirting the edges of both sides of the fuzzyness is the closest thing you will come to standing on the line. But in this case you are still in both pastures.

Then there is always the matter of personal confirmation. Events that hint dramatically at which side of the line is more true.

A couple of not so hypothetical examples:

In spirit I fly to a location sit on a scyscrapper and observe the town. Afterwards I hop on my computer take google earth to the exact location using 3d buildings and position myself with the exact same view. I have never been to this city before yet the view is not similar.... It's exact. Besides the changeling and moving traffic during the journey. One side) it is exactly what it spears to be. The other) it's possible that at some point in my life I saw a movie where Somone looked over this very same view and it is eternally stores in my memory, and was manifested in a semi dream state.

A spirit guide pulls me to an abondoned Waikiki. Besides a very occasional car and police car. Strange i was thinking. I have ben to Waikiki and its always busy even late at night. Upon returning to normal reality I find out Waikiki has been abandon because of a luming tsunami from Japan. Coincidence? Mabey, or us it exactly what it spears to be. I can go on, I have had numerous confirmation experiences right up to direct communication about information about Somone that needs help that turns out to be entirely accurate. I have a choice these things are exactly what they apear to be, or the workings of of deep mental processes and coincidences. I cannot rule out either because I just know better. There are severe flaws and holes in the 'logical' assessments that make them no longer logical, and yet I also know that I'm a prisoner to my own perceptions. From my perspective it seems clear, but the ego is a funny thing if you let it have the the wheel, there is no telling where you might end up. I like to consider myself in a state of superposition ready to manifest wherever I need to be for the moment. It might be at work teaching kids kicks, punches, throws, and chokes or zinging through space to have a conversation with whatever intelligence is hanging out around the Pleiades, or writing a letter to some poor teenager that is cutting herself because she can't stop seeing some of the things that I do and it's eating her alive because no one believes her. The latter is a very precarious place to be, because being a fence straddler I have to acknowledge what she is experiencing yet gently guid her towards people that can help. A manifestation of my ego on the edge of the quarter.

Anyway... Fun stuff to talk about anyway.

• Like 1

Not if there is no line to walk on or the line is so large and fuzzy it's impossible to discern. Skirting the edges of both sides of the fuzzyness is the closest thing you will come to standing on the line. But in this case you are still in both pastures.

Then there is always the matter of personal confirmation. Events that hint dramatically at which side of the line is more true.

A couple of not so hypothetical examples:

In spirit I fly to a location sit on a scyscrapper and observe the town. Afterwards I hop on my computer take google earth to the exact location using 3d buildings and position myself with the exact same view. I have never been to this city before yet the view is not similar.... It's exact. Besides the changeling and moving traffic during the journey. One side) it is exactly what it spears to be. The other) it's possible that at some point in my life I saw a movie where Somone looked over this very same view and it is eternally stores in my memory, and was manifested in a semi dream state.

A spirit guide pulls me to an abondoned Waikiki. Besides a very occasional car and police car. Strange i was thinking. I have ben to Waikiki and its always busy even late at night. Upon returning to normal reality I find out Waikiki has been abandon because of a luming tsunami from Japan. Coincidence? Mabey, or us it exactly what it spears to be. I can go on, I have had numerous confirmation experiences right up to direct communication about information about Somone that needs help that turns out to be entirely accurate. I have a choice these things are exactly what they apear to be, or the workings of of deep mental processes and coincidences. I cannot rule out either because I just know better. There are severe flaws and holes in the 'logical' assessments that make them no longer logical, and yet I also know that I'm a prisoner to my own perceptions. From my perspective it seems clear, but the ego is a funny thing if you let it have the the wheel, there is no telling where you might end up. I like to consider myself in a state of superposition ready to manifest wherever I need to be for the moment. It might be at work teaching kids kicks, punches, throws, and chokes or zinging through space to have a conversation with whatever intelligence is hanging out around the Pleiades, or writing a letter to some poor teenager that is cutting herself because she can't stop seeing some of the things that I do and it's eating her alive because no one believes her. The latter is a very precarious place to be, because being a fence straddler I have to acknowledge what she is experiencing yet gently guid her towards people that can help. A manifestation of my ego on the edge of the quarter.

Anyway... Fun stuff to talk about anyway.

Fun Stuff alright!!

Sorry, but...

:lol: Again, this is kind of vague and not telling me anything..

In my experience with Ego, true self, and foreign entities the Line between has always been quite defined.. Yes it widens and get's fuzzier the deeper to dive into the rabbit hole, but if one dives so deep that one looses all perspective of any form of self then one must then ask yourself "what is the point? What can I learn from this?"

The line between Ego and true or higher self's is the hardest to cross in my experience.. Actually, if I were going to plot it on an onion graph it would be a wall, not a line.. Only though Meditation can that wall be lowered and with some difficulty can it be crossed (or perhaps the line becomes blurred enough to cross).. But as far as identifying foreign aspects, Sprits, Entities... These (with some confirmation from others) I've been able to identify as not beonging to my Ego or Higher self..

Prisoner to perception?

If I percieved some of the comments in this thread with my old Ego, then I would probably be in a lot of trouble right now.. As it is, I'm not a prisoner to my perceptions.. My Ego is not in control of them, I shift my perceptions around and choose the best angle to view a topic or subject or opinion.. Sometimes I choose to percieve from my Ego, sometimes I'm surprised to find that other peoples perceptions are much better than mine.. It's not that my perceptions are a free-floating spirit.. lol.. It's that my perceptions are more open than they used to be, and are not controlled by ego.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

Hi Prof T,

I particularly like Jung’s theories on the ‘Persona’. I think we all ‘put on a mask’ to hide ‘our true self. Very few people are able to suppress their Ego's. When we drop the mask and stop hiding a really important part of of our true nature then we are actually being more honest with ourselves and to others. It’s very liberating taking off the mask and in essence that’s who we really are. Jung’s theories on the ‘collective consciousness’ is bang on in my opinion. We are all ‘connected’ somehow. I do however, have a favourite Psychologist and that is Gerard Egan and he resonates with me the most. I incorporate Jung and Egan with his person-centred approach but also work with other Psychologist’s theories but there are too many to name.

Hmmmmmm....

The more you mention Jung the more I like it and gravitate towards it.. Perhaps I was wrong in describing myself as leaning towards Freudian thinking, afterall, it was over a decade ago when I did a bit of study in psychology..

I still feel though that Ego is a false center.. People are not born with an Ego..

Love this song btw, It seems to capture my feelings on ego and self.

• Like 2

interesting... I would like to participate as well,

about my own ego, I am the kind of person who would like to talk anything straight,

if someone is talking rubbish and if I see that, i'll mostly try to correct that,

in general i'm a quiet/lurker type, always analyzing the moment and trying to do whats right

i'm a totally awkward person when it comes to philosophy and most of you would probably have noticed that.

when it comes to dialogues, I mostly analyze what is said as well and that is annoying since I do it unconscious

and by doing so i always pick things up an other way then normal people would do, and when i'm talking there's

always a 50% chance that I kind of back down from something because of the consequences that would follow,

so, what do you say prof?

cat.

Edited by Cataclysmic faith
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmm....

The more you mention Jung the more I like it and gravitate towards it.. Perhaps I was wrong in describing myself as leaning towards Freudian thinking, afterall, it was over a decade ago when I did a bit of study in psychology..

I still feel though that Ego is a false center.. People are not born with an Ego..

Love this song btw, It seems to capture my feelings on ego and self.

Jung was a student of Freud. He got p***ed off that Jung spoke out against his fixation on sexuality, then they parted ways. It's an interesting story.

Wow I just found out there is a movie. I can't vouch for its Acuracy though. But Kira knightly is lovely to watch.

• Like 2

interesting... I would like to participate as well,

about my own ego, I am the kind of person who would like to talk anything straight,

if someone is talking rubbish and if I see that, i'll mostly try to correct that,

in general i'm a quiet/lurker type, always analyzing the moment and trying to do whats right

i'm a totally awkward person when it comes to philosophy and most of you would probably have noticed that.

when it comes to dialogues, I mostly analyze what is said as well and that is annoying since I do it unconscious

and by doing so i always pick things up an other way then normal people would do, and when i'm talking there's

always a 50% chance that I kind of back down from something because of the consequences that would follow,

so, what do you say prof?

cat.

Hi Cataclysmic faith..

Yep, Ego is very interesting.. The more you understand it in yourself, the more you understand others imo..

You have a fairly good grasp on your Ego. :tu: but only because it has been attacked and your's has been manipulated and hurt before.

You place importance on analysis of other peoples words, thoughts & feelings because you have learned the hard way that people can be easily manipulated this way. Also, in daily life, you think more about the past and the future than the moment you are in.. You are nearly always in fight or flight mode, that is to say that the hurt/damaged part of your ego is contantly on the edge..

Am I right?

Mmmm....

The more you mention Jung the more I like it and gravitate towards it.. Perhaps I was wrong in describing myself as leaning towards Freudian thinking, after all, it was over a decade ago when I did a bit of study in psychology..

Love this song with, It seems to capture my feelings on ego and self.

[media=]

[/media]

Hi Prof T,

Nice song!

What Jung believed is that our 'ego' is the centre of consciousness, whereas the 'self' is the 'centre' of the 'total personality' which includes consciousness, the unconscious and the ego. So even though he put our 'ego' at the centre of 'self', 'ego' is only a contained smaller part of the whole, aka our 'self'. To me is appears that 'self' should be far more important to our 'psyche' than the 'ego'. I'm in agreement with you that we are not born with an 'ego' as Jung believed too, but sadly our 'ego's' do seem to be at the centre of most peoples psyche and I suppose that's why Jung put it at the centre. And if that doesn't hurt your head....... then I don't know what would :w00t:

Edit to add: I tried to remove video link Prof T to tidy up the post but for some reason it wouldn't let me! So apologies to all!

• Like 3

Hi Cataclysmic faith..

Yep, Ego is very interesting.. The more you understand it in yourself, the more you understand others imo..

You have a fairly good grasp on your Ego. :tu: but only because it has been attacked and your's has been manipulated and hurt before.

You place importance on analysis of other peoples words, thoughts & feelings because you have learned the hard way that people can be easily manipulated this way. Also, in daily life, you think more about the past and the future than the moment you are in.. You are nearly always in fight or flight mode, that is to say that the hurt/damaged part of your ego is contantly on the edge..

Am I right?

indeed, I've been hurt several times, trying to do whats right, after those times passed I tried to keep my self aware of whats happening and

trying to stay calm in every situation, well that's kind of it, everyone is a puzzle and everyone has its own fitting pieces,

thank you.

• Like 1

:tu: Did you base this assesment on Astology or Ego?

Was very good btw..

I do see myself as regal in some way, which is absolutely ludicrous if you observe me IRL ..... it's pure ego! I'm not into oriental things particularly, it's just that I was born in a Chinese year of the Dragon and that describes me very accurately. For me there are two types of dragon that I 'channel' at different times: there's the one in the photo above who is colourful and loud and flashy but is very fragile and only made of paper(I'm trying to avoid using the word 'shallow' here!). Then there's the one in the heavens who chases(indeed, sometimes briefly holds), the Pearl .... protects it too.

The Foghorn Leghorn thing: nothing to add there .... you got it spot on :blush: !

As for the ballerina, well, I've been in love with ballet since the first time I was taken to a live performance, aged about 9 ....... that world onstage is where I have always wanted to live. Why? no-one speaks and there is always lovely music playing! To some extent I am always partly(in my head) in that world ........ completely on my own, gracefully dancing en pointe. (This is also laughable if you know me IRL!).

:) you have an awesome grasp on your own Ego.. But I wonder who is in control most of the time?

The reagalness and the Ballet kind of suggests that you spend more time being entertained by ego than actually experiencing life?

Or is it a case of ego masking reality or defending you from reality?

Edited by Professor T

You did a good job with pictures too, btw. Thanks for doing that, it was fun, Ouija. :D

:tu: Did you base this assesment on Astology or Ego?

Was very good btw.

Well not really, but then again somewhat. Honestly for the most part, it was just that I could relate to the pictures she posted. Specifically the top two (except for the ballernia...lol), kinda describes my old ego; which of course I still have btw - hard to get completely rid of it. And I thought maybe she was a Leo, as well, since I am. I just know some Leo's exhibt that kind of behaviour pattern, especially the Foghorn Leghorn intolerence to ignorance, which I was really bad about in my youth. (Lol, the nerve of me, what made me think I was so much better. My ego, of course.)

When you know yourself from a self deep observation, you tend to know other people who act like or similar to you because they exhibt those same behaviour patterns and you understand them better. I think there is a lot more to that old Greek aphorism: "Know thyself" then what is traditionaly explained. Opened a lot more insight and perception for me, when I started observing myself from outside myself, with that particular aphorism.

• Like 1