Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns Do Not Kill People

Yamato

I wasn't telling you should care .. If your aim is to shoot until they are no longer moving.. that also means shoot to kill, because if you shoot and they are not moving, they are obviously dead

yea it sounds reasonable.

but if in court DA even for one second believes my goal was to kill him, not stop danger, it would be 1000 time eqasier for him to get guilty verdict. you should forget word kill, in usa court, never say it, to nobody. since entire case might turn around for just 1 slip of your tounge. it happened many times before. (that is why cops tell you. everything you say can and will be used agaist you in a court of law), and you can be sure it will.you are not killer, you only protecting yourself from likely mnortal danger.in your country it might be different, however.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

right into the hole I dug.

I would say you are great at digging holes lol

What does the NYC laws about warning shots say? Link?

Nibs

iirc, there is such legal concept in nyc firearm laws as warning shot.but see for yourself.http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/permits/title38_rcny_rev2010_11.pdf

there is also a thick pamflet issued along with gun permit in nyc, i could not find it on line, thou

Edited by aztek

iirc, there is such legal concept in nyc firearm laws as warning shot.but see for yourself.http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/permits/title38_rcny_rev2010_11.pdf

there is also a thick pamflet issued along with gun permit in nyc, i could not find it on line, thou

Eh, I was looking and can't find anything that supports warning shots.

Nibs

• Like 1

We're still friends Becky despite all the knives you throw at me.

:lol:

The purpose of this thread was to highlight different types of gun behavior, dependent on what purpose we use them for. And whoever started claiming that "the purpose is to kill" fell right into the hole I dug.

The federal government uses its guns to kill. To impose itself politically on the will of other people with blood force.

This is who is going to crack down on the peoples' guns? This is going to be what tells me how many bullets I may load per its command? This is who is going to tell me, the person who protects himself, the person who would never have the desire to take another human soul's life, tell me how to behave? You're going to let this bloodthirsty monster make me responsible! :rofl: How dare you.

basically ... yes!

A constitutionally Elected Govt WILL do all these things. You are 1 person, responsible for yourself whilst a Government, by extension, must ensure that YOU do not cause harm to others.

Eh, I was looking and can't find anything that supports warning shots.

Nibs

you won't becose they are illegal here.

correction, my previos post had a typo.

i menat there is NO such concept as waring shot in nyc.

Edited by aztek

ABANDON+THREAD+_8cbf8c7aed308fbbdd435fcacdc72652.jpg

I can now say with confidence that 'muricans think the government is going to knock down their doors and take their guns and their freedoms. I must return to my home planet.

you won't becose they are illegal here.

correction, my previos post had a typo.

i menat there is NO such concept as waring shot in nyc.

Ah, ok. Typo confused me.

Thanks

Nibs

I can now say with confidence that 'muricans think the government is going to knock down their doors and take their guns and their freedoms. I must return to my home planet.

yea you should.

'muricans know their gvmnt better than you in your down under land,

us gvmnt already did so before, not once.\

google waco, and ruby ridge. dozens of children in a house didn't stop ATF andFBI from bringing a tank and killing everyone inside.

i'm sure you were not told that on your illusion planet

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Meow...Kitty can be catty.

Waco Texas

basically ... yes!

A constitutionally Elected Govt WILL do all these things. You are 1 person, responsible for yourself whilst a Government, by extension, must ensure that YOU do not cause harm to others.

Absolutely no. Not federally, sir. Read the Constitution. There is no authority to disarm people.

If this was happening on a state or local level, I wouldn't have even created this discussion.

Waco Texas

[media=]

[/media]

Should be renamed Wacko in Texas .. That was just brutal

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Heh. You should watch how it ended.

Heh. You should watch how it ended.

[media=]

[/media]

Wow! Why didn't the gun controllers ask for more fire control after that whopper of a media story?

• Like 1

I see a lot of arguement about LEGAL issues here. A gun CAN be used to give a warning shot and to wound, just as easily as to kill. That people are claiming they were TRAINED to shoot to kill has zero to do with the gun. The gun is a tool, the killing is done for training and legal reasons. Training is easy to change, laws somewhat less so, but the gun will still always have the same ability.

Question -

You are in your bedroom in your home. It's 2:00 AM. You hear a window break downstairs. You then hear some one moving through a room.

What would you do?

Nibs

First, I'd send the dog down. She gets crazed when she thinks someone is coming in. BARK BARK BARK. Usually that would chase off a burgler. Then I'd holler out "Whos there", and then quickly follow with "I've got a gun". There is a better then even chance is would be a drunk relative or friend, so I'd wait a couple seconds to call the cops. But, I would not go confront them. Even if I did have a gun, which I do not.

• Like 1

and you will be paying his disability till he dies, lol.

buck shot, or don't shot.

I'd rather the FedGov paid the guy like 15,000 dollars a year, then have him continue to break into people homes causing hundreds of thousands of dollars of damage every year. And I'd rather he was alive then dead.

"Stopping some one"?

Nope. When you pull a weapon, you shoot to kill. That is what I was taught. That is what is taught at CC classes. That is what the police will tell you.

You don't shoot to scare, slow down or wound.

If that's your plan, don't use a gun.

Nibs

How does that apply to tasers, pepper spray, mace, or even just martial arts? If you employ martial arts do you intend to kill? Or can these objects be used with intent to Stop? Is it the lethalness of a gun that requires shooting to kill? Or, is it chiefly legal and insurance reasons?

If you think police shoot to kill every time they pull a gun, you're in Wonderland.

I don't know how it goes in real life, but in the ARMY we always had weapons out when entering a suspected bad situation. And on TV, the cops always pull their guns before going into a suspected criminal situation, to... what kill everyone inside? Or, to try to prevent themselves from being shot by preventing others from shooting? It is defensive, not offensive, right?

Edited by DieChecker

1. I was taught in conceal carry class (and have discussed it with my lawyer and other Sheriff officers) that if you pull your weapon you shoot to kill. Full Stop

Did they also teach to empty the weapon, or only to shoot as many shots as needed to stop your target? Some places teach to shoot all your rounds, I believe.

Just Curious...

Its a no brainer dont pull a gun unless you are going to use it. LEO'sd should learn from this sound gun weapon safety advice.

• Like 1