Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns Do Not Kill People

Yamato

Calm down, bro. I was thinking about reporting this.

lol, so what stopped you? go ahead report.

Wow. What a great argument FOR GUNCONTROL.

Nibs

anything is a great argument for gun control for you.

anything is a great argument for gun control for you.

Yeah, That's me.

:-*

Nibs

Im thinking about reporting you for being a lazy schmuck that wants the government to care of you.

Im thinking about reporting you for being a lazy schmuck that wants the government to care of you.

Me?

Nibs

Nah. Nibs.

Nah. Nibs.

:) Okey dokey.

I lost track for a moment.

Nibs

Its used as a reference akin to the one that if you choose to build your home in a floodplain dont be suprised when it floods.

No its not. You don't wish the person gets flooded, you just tell them not to be surprised if it does. Crysis clearly expressed his wishes.

I think your putting more into then he intended. Ive heard the phrase several times on different forums now and I hope itleast thats what its meant. Then again with how touchy the 2nd Amendment is perhaps Im wrong..

Before you continue, I am not an American and therefor I am not deathly afraid the government is going to bust down my door and rape my family.

And that's the liberal mindset that gets people so snippy about this issue. Pull out some bogus caricature about the typical American gun owner and then ask ridiculous questions and come up with ridiculous answers.

You're obviously not a daughter from a family almost purged by Democide, so because of that and your alleged safe haven in Australia, you have to ask why anyone would need a gun? Seriously? Lincoln/Assad/Hirohito/Stalin/Mao/Pot/Hitler/Khan/King George III, etc. etc. etc. etc. didn't kill anyone until they did. Governments go through perpetual change everywhere they exist. Safe places become dangerous, neighborhoods and nations alike.

Why would a Syrian need a gun?

McFly?

Bueller?

• Like 5

Exactly right!!! I pointed out the same thing about the Libyans... How many less of them would have been killed if their citizens had weapons when the fighting started? Many of their citizens did have guns... the Rural Tribesman, and guess who swung which way the war went?? The rural tribesmen, of course.

But your average left leaning Progressive will tell you that it is mpossible that the US will ever be in such a situation. Which is short sighted and naive. It is not possible to say what might happen if the US was to fall into a Depression and the Federal Budget crashed and a hundred million people rioted, and so on... martial law, dictators... emperors even... It has happened before and everyone knows what they say about those who fail to learn from the Past...

Personnally, I think fully automatic weapons are too much for home use, or hunting, so I think they need tight controls. But, I feel handguns and rifles are very tightly controlled already, other then in private sales and gun-show sales.

• Like 3

Trying to get back to the OP, People kill people. Our natures are such that we are a killer species as well as other debauchery. You can’t pen it up. You can’t regulate it. That will only cause it to be suppressed until it explodes. And woe be to those that are considered to be the focus of this explosion which will ultimately be those that try to impose it. Also note that those in government that try to impose such laws are also governed themselves by this same nature.

What will gun registration accomplish? Will it stop gun crime? Will it slow it down? Why do you think so or not? If not then what other reason would the government have to force us to resister? If more restrictive laws go into effect, at what point when things go back to business as usual as more death occurs at the hands of others? Of course you have to look at the possibility that we can get rid of all guns. Because we are such a degenerate nation, how long before we hear of mass or serial killings with other implements? Or do you not think that would happen?

Other causes of death far exceed that of gun crime anyway. Seems to me that we are being distracted from more important issues and problems like the debt, jobs, and the economy.

Finally, the 2nd Amendment to me does not mean the Right to own weapons for hunting, sport shooting, or even self defense, but strictly to overthrow this government. That’s why the public *NEEDS* assault weapons, high capacity magazines, rocket launchers, etc.

• Like 1

Guns - enable us to kill and protect ourselves better.. That is the point in buying a gun..You are not going to go off to buy a gun if it wont kill for you

If you advertise that - GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO That advertisement would therefore be false.......If guns don't kill people, then they are completely useless and ineffective..In fact they would be no more effective than the next thing you pick up to kill your enemy

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Do not make statements hoping that others are killed or injured because they disagree with your point of view. This is simply unacceptable behaviour.

• Like 1

It is odd that people choose to ignore the past completely. So many horrors on the people's of 'benevolent' governments and yet we Americans pretend it could never happen to us.

• Like 4

Well... why not just increase the price of bullets a $h!t-load? That would keep them from being purchased in mass amounts, as you'd only need a few to defend yourself with, and it would raise suspicion if one were to buy, say 100 bullets with prices too high for the purchase to make logical sense at first glance. Just one approach I feel would make sense.

Something more relevant to the original post: I agree with many posts already made here stating that guns aren't so much the problem here, as it's more the people holding them.

Well... why not just increase the price of bullets a $h!t-load? That would keep them from being purchased in mass amounts, as you'd only need a few to defend yourself with, and it would raise suspicion if one were to buy, say 100 bullets with prices too high for the purchase to make logical sense at first glance. Just one approach I feel would make sense.

If you're talking about a tax on bullets, a tax is used by government to generate revenue, not change behavior. If you make something prohibitively expensive so nobody will buy it, there won't be any sales or revenue generated and it eliminates the purpose for having the tax in the first place.

If you're not suggesting taxes, and suggesting that somehow government fix the prices on the market by forcing bullet manufacturers to sell their bullets at the prices the government says they have to so people won't buy that many of them (how expensive are we talking here anyway?), then rich people can have a lot more ammo than poor people. If that's not bad enough then using the federal government to make the market and turning what should be free into even more force-control, is. Prohibitive pricing is just another form of prohibition. Government interfering in free markets is the essence of all the economic problems we have today, nevermind the fact that it's unconstitutional.

• Like 2

Ive been reading a book on the run up to the Revolution War with England and its amazing what we accept as normal today. Have we lost our way in America ?

• Like 2

It's nice to know you currently feel that way. And it may never happen in your lifetime but maybe in your children's lifetime. One day the government will come knocking as all governments do. When given more and more power, that is the primary reason for the existence of government. Instead of minding its own business and just run the government, it must harass the people to protect itself from them. Most of the time, it's done with carrots but ever increasingly it's done by force to some level. Either way, it is enslavement.

And that's the liberal mindset that gets people so snippy about this issue. Pull out some bogus caricature about the typical American gun owner and then ask ridiculous questions and come up with ridiculous answers.

You're obviously not a daughter from a family almost purged by Democide, so because of that and your alleged safe haven in Australia, you have to ask why anyone would need a gun? Seriously? Lincoln/Assad/Hirohito/Stalin/Mao/Pot/Hitler/Khan/King George III, etc. etc. etc. etc. didn't kill anyone until they did. Governments go through perpetual change everywhere they exist. Safe places become dangerous, neighborhoods and nations alike.

McFly?

Bueller?

I don't live in fear. I don't live in a country full of gun toting rednecks. No, the government will NOT come knocking down my door, and I'm not afraid of my fellow Australian so much so I need to cower behind a huge gun collection! There is a reason Australia is the 2nd best country in the world to be born in (behind Switzerland) and I'm damn proud that we don't all need guns to feel safe.

Ive been reading a book on the run up to the Revolution War with England and its amazing what we accept as normal today. Have we lost our way in America ?

What book is it, out of curiosity?

I don't live in fear. I don't live in a country full of gun toting rednecks. No, the government will NOT come knocking down my door, and I'm not afraid of my fellow Australian so much so I need to cower behind a huge gun collection! There is a reason Australia is the 2nd best country in the world to be born in (behind Switzerland) and I'm damn proud that we don't all need guns to feel safe.

The luxury of living on a desert Island I guess.

• Like 1

The luxury of living on a desert Island I guess.

Nah, I think it's because they don't have as many hardcore crinimals over there, as we have over here. And when I say hardcore crinimals, I mean the ones that are armed and dangerous. They rather shoot your ass, then look at ya. Not to mention the individuals working for the Mexican cartels, that cross our borders. I don't care what anybody says, it's still the wild, wild west in some places here.

• Like 1

It was reported and taken care of by Lilly.. And rightly so

Again, I’m glad for you that you still live in a fantasy world – as long as it works for you, that’s all that matters. For me, it is not the gun totting rednecks that I fear. *ALL* governments eventually come knocking. It’s just a matter of time. We have a document that talks about that. A portion says: “and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.” The question becomes “how much becomes too much”? Why do we suffer so before taking action?

America is the best nation to be born in and I don’t trust my fellow citizens. I think when my generation is gone, no one will know or remember what Liberty and Freedom are. Then Switzerland may end up being the best country to be born in?? Not needing guns is like walking across the street without looking. You’re safe until you’re hit.

• Like 2

Again, I'm glad for you that you still live in a fantasy world

I don't live my life in fear either, I don't see the point.. I never sit and worry if someone will break in with a gun to kill us..We don't have guns...I get on with my every day life and take each day as it comes.. Fantasy world my foot.. You should consider that we all here are not living in fear... There are millions of your fellow American don't spend their days living in fear either.. What kind of life is that to lead? You just get on with it and carry on like everyone else..

If I were living in some mad war zone, then yea sure, I would have fear.. Thankfully I don't and neither do you.. Otherwise you'd be clutching your bible and parking your weapons near by every day...Now that IS living in fear..

Edited by Beckys_Mom