Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Sleep Walking a Failed AP attempt?

stevemagegod

I have been known to Sleep Walk from time to time. It happens very Rarely these days but it happened a lot when i was a Little kid. The most recent Sleep Walking experience i had was i went into my Parents room turned on the Light and said i dont wanna be in my Room. When they told me this i was like i don't remember doing that. I had no recollection of it ever happening.

Could it be Possible that Sleep Walking is Connected to a failed Astral Projection tempt? Before Posting this Topic i did some research on this Theory of mine and found this website and sure enough it is related.

Sleep walking is caused when the astral body is unable to release itself from the physical body. The desire to project will animate the physical body without conscious awareness.

http://deathdyingafterlife.blogspot.com/2011/04/is-sleep-walking-related-to-astral.html

What do you guys think?

My sister use to sleep walk when she was a kid too but I have my doubts that its a failed attempt at astral projection. I could be wrong though because I have an opinion about everything but I'm an expert at nothing.

• Like 1

Or, there is a rational explanation behind sleepwalking. Either that or aliens, obviously.

• Like 1

I have been known to Sleep Walk from time to time. It happens very Rarely these days but it happened a lot when i was a Little kid. The most recent Sleep Walking experience i had was i went into my Parents room turned on the Light and said i dont wanna be in my Room. When they told me this i was like i don't remember doing that. I had no recollection of it ever happening.

Could it be Possible that Sleep Walking is Connected to a failed Astral Projection tempt? Before Posting this Topic i did some research on this Theory of mine and found this website and sure enough it is related.

http://deathdyingafterlife.blogspot.com/2011/04/is-sleep-walking-related-to-astral.html

What do you guys think?

An unconcious projection could be considered a spirit walk. I have personally whittnessed this, though I have no way of proving it. I have seen It enough to times to be convinced despite the lack of the ability the produce any kind of empirical evidence. Calling it a "failed" projection though I think is the wrong context. There is a very specific physiological reason people sleep walk. If catalepsy dosnt kick in, we are capable of acting out all kinds of crazy crap in our sleep.

• Like 1

I could be wrong though because I have an opinion about everything but I'm an expert at nothing.

I like that. :)

I don't know too much about AP, but I think from experience with my son that dreaming at least, can happen during other sleep stages. Before he started sleepwalking I thought that when you were dreaming, your body was always (other then in rare cases like REM disorders) paralysed. But when I watch him sometimes, it really seems like part of him is acting out a dream.

Here is the thread about that: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237882

I still sleepwalk. How often, I'm not sure.

A few years ago I slept-walked right outside of my apartment. I walked into a neighbor's place, ripped his shower curtain off, walked over to his computer and turned on the monitor and then walked home. He told me about it a few days later.

Weird ****...

• Like 1

I still sleepwalk. How often, I'm not sure.

A few years ago I slept-walked right outside of my apartment. I walked into a neighbor's place, ripped his shower curtain off, walked over to his computer and turned on the monitor and then walked home. He told me about it a few days later.

Weird ****...

Wouldn't he try and wake you up and be like what the hell are you doing in my house/apartment?

http://deathdyingaft...-to-astral.html

What do you guys think?

I created a thread awhile back connecting the stages of sleep to AP. You should check it out.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=233721&st=0&p=4455466entry4455466

I remember when I was a little girl, about 5-8 I would sleep walk a lot. I'd wake up standing in my bedroom. Once I woke myself up by hitting my door...I had a dream I had to go to the bathroom and began walking to it...but in my dream there wasn't a door.....Oddly enough sometime later my parents removed my bedroom door lol.

Ive had other dreams where Ive woken myself up from kicking at something in my dream and kicked my wall...or...the ones I hate, I have a dream to spit either I was taken poison in my dream and go to spit it out or am sick in my dreams, either way I wake up spitting and dont realize it until its done....

Sleep walking is usually just an effect of not having a chemical shut off the link to the body during dreaming. I never heard of it happening in a failed AP attempt. I don't believe they are really related.

I only saw one person who sleep walked, he never tried to AP but it was linked to when he was dreaming of his last moments in a previous incarnation while dreaming of being killed and it was so real of dream to him. Only sleep walks and goes through fighting motions then wakes up after he is killed in the battle. Very weird to watch and hear a different voice and dialect from someone asleep doing that and it was like you were seeing the effects of an invisible man really attacking him from behind because his body reacting to it like a real event and falling in death! He doesn't sleep walk any more since he reconciled to believing in a past life. He doesn't believe AP because he never experienced it or even wanted to try it. He thinks astral projection is mostly BS or the ones that really can do it controllably are not all human. LOL

I

Edited by White Unicorn

• 2 weeks later...

If u are sleep walking u need a dog named lulu lol ......the honeymooners ed Norton slept walked he missed his dog lulu lol.