Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hypothesis on Spiritual Sensitivity

Wolfman 1993

while speaking with a good friend of mine, we stumbled upon an interesting hypothesis. What if the ability to sense spirits and paranormal abilities follows blood line? For example, a last name might trace back to spiritual guides or healers, someone that would have had close contact with the dead, or even another realm, and this ability follows along the blood line as well as opening doors of sensitivity? your thoughts?

• Like 2

Certainly possible. Just bloody difficult to test.

It's a good hypothesis,but as Aquila said, it's very difficult to test. In my case, I don't know anything about my blood line, nobody in my family likes to talk about it... I've thought of this a couple of times, but soon gave up since I didn't know where to look...

I have it, so do my kids & grandkids, most of my nieces & nephews, and my mom. I think maybe our bodies just have an unusually high number of nerve cells, which is why we're more sensitive; it really doesn't have anything to do with being more spiritual, nor is it anything we should really be proud of, because it's all genetics. Some of us try to use it for good, others ignore it all together.

• Like 2

It's a good hypothesis,but as Aquila said, it's very difficult to test. In my case, I don't know anything about my blood line, nobody in my family likes to talk about it... I've thought of this a couple of times, but soon gave up since I didn't know where to look...

I havent tried talking to my family about it. It's definately something worth looking into.

• Like 1

I have it, so do my kids & grandkids, most of my nieces & nephews, and my mom. I think maybe our bodies just have an unusually high number of nerve cells, which is why we're more sensitive; it really doesn't have anything to do with being more spiritual, nor is it anything we should really be proud of, because it's all genetics. Some of us try to use it for good, others ignore it all together.

I don't know whether it's an increase in nerve cells or a slight detatchment of cells allowing the soul to be slightly exposed... Whatever it is, I'm confident it's genetic.

I don't know, my grandmother talked about seeing dead loved ones in her dreams and believed in her dreams ability to tell the future and my mom was that way. I saw a ghost and I've had many premonitions that were exactly right and have saved my life, however I was wide awake for both. Now my aunt seems to think since I was wide awake its the work of the devil. :devil:

We have spiritual families as well, people are put in our lives that aren't blood related, but seem to be a strong spiritual tie. I think these families extend to the afterlife as well. But yes I also see it in families....

* I also see it in blood families... but I don't have any spiritual info on my own family though except that they are athiests, my grandma was a converted christian but she never told me about any spiritual encounters of any kind.. my brother... i think hes a bit touched but we never talked about it, i remember back in the day he msde his own Ouija board and played with it all the time I didnt think anything about it then, he moved away and went through some stuff but I never even thought of asking him until this year about anything spiritual. Im scared to ask though....funny thing is my daughters father s wife is spiritual so her kids got the gifts too, so they are my family but not my blood, but they are my daughters blood. ... :)

Edited by SpiritWriter

I have also seen it in families. Idk about my family having any abilities but i do have some.

Yes, I have a friend who's family has had paranormal experiences for years and he has as well. I have long suspected that spiritual sensitivity is a genetic trait just like strength and longevity, Now, the million dollar question is what do we do with it? Could it be possible to breed out spirituality all together? Hopefully so, then we can get back to focusing on this realm and let the spirits do their thing in their world

I don't think you can. I think we all have some psychic abilities. we just just don't use them cause we don't need to. And if we can sense the spirits there will be some form of spiritually.

On the other hand. There are several cases of haunted houses and places. So if the spirits are trying to get our attention you don't need to be able to sense them.

In my opinion, I would not say it depends on "blood line". I tend to believe that it's more the open-ness of the family. When a child goes to a closed-minded mother/father, with an odd experience, most will just say "you have a wild imagination". Whereas, a more spiritual/sensitive mother/father would maybe ask them questions in order to help the child understand what the meaning behind the experience may have been.

In my family, I don't know of anyone who has sensitivity to such things, but myself, through meditations, dreams, etc, feel that I do. So, my family before me didnt, but now starting with me, may lead to a more spiritual "line" of people...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's alot like smoking. The more people in the family who do it, the higher precentage chance that youngins will as well. Not 100%, but alot more likely. So if you are raised in an environment where people think they are sensatives or have contact with spirits chances are greater that you would as well.

I've seen at least one clear case in an astrological forum where the parents weren't spiritually sensitive, but their three-year old child saw ghosts all around her. But astrological influences having their part in this too doesn't exclude the inheritary influences at all, just like genealogy became a valid science despite how reliable astrology can be. Think of it like this: different animals have different senses heightened: dogs smell and hear well, rats and bats see well in the dark, some animals have a heightened predator's instinct... and we are also animals, of similiar races with slight differences. I think it's more of a question of locating the exact spot in our brain and psyche and genes or other heridatory triggering areas than asking "is it there or is it not". And same with astrology.

• 1 month later...

Spiritual awareness does seem to run in families, whether it is caused by nurture, nature, or both.

Anecdotally, it seems rare for a gifted psychic to be in a family of non-believers.