Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'

laver

Ya, I think we need THEM here . Be pretty boring without them?

Why do we need THEM here?

Because you find it boring with them staying at their home? Maybe they have a nicer planet! Maybe they do not want to do our dirty work for us? Maybe they are not bored at all.

If I was ET, last thing I would want is some needy sub species hanging of my every turn asking me to fix all thier problems.

I do drive a utility, and I do have a sticker on the back that says

"YES THIS IS MY UTE - NO I WONT HELP YOU MOVE"

Why would they be any different?

I depends on if one is here for entertainment or to probe these mysteries with an eye towards an answer. There are those here that I wonder which camp they belong to.

It is certainly a two edged sword put like that!!

Honestly, if an alien tried to probe me, he would find out rather quickly and painfully that area is exit only.

The effect of a discovery of non terrestial life would be considerable for many people which is why the WEF was asking governments to do some education about the possibility. Just a few strange lights in the sky can cause considerable public unrest... partly the fault of Holywood.

If there had never been a single crop design then it is doubtful if many people would suggest this form of communication by a non terrestial agency but there have now been many thousands particularly in recent years some of which exhibit factors which do not suggest they are of terrestial origin. So we have to deal with that phenomena without knowing why this method of messageing may be being used.

The effect of a discovery of non terrestial life would be considerable for many people which is why the WEF was asking governments to do some education about the possibility. Just a few strange lights in the sky can cause considerable public unrest... partly the fault of Holywood.

Partly? That is quite the understatement.

Education is rife, have you ever seen the docufiction Alien Planet?

People have been talking about other planets for as long as we have been looking at the sky. The Jewish Talmund speaks of 1800 other worlds.

If there had never been a single crop design then it is doubtful if many people would suggest this form of communication by a non terrestial agency but there have now been many thousands particularly in recent years some of which exhibit factors which do not suggest they are of terrestial origin. So we have to deal with that phenomena without knowing why this method of messageing may be being used.

Now you certainly have my attention, what factors exhibited suggest extra terrestrial origin? None that I am aware of.

snapback.pnglightly, on 03 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Why do we need THEM here?

Because you find it boring with them staying at their home? Maybe they have a nicer planet! Maybe they do not want to do our dirty work for us? Maybe they are not bored at all.

.. Sorry psyche, i misunderstood.. i thought you meant we don't need 'believers' .

ok... resume play :su

snapback.pnglightly, on 03 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

.. Sorry psyche, i misunderstood.. i thought you meant we don't need 'believers' .

ok... resume play :su

No I misunderstood. There are so many credulous currently it is doing my head in. My apologies. The mistake is completely mine.

Partly? That is quite the understatement.

Education is rife, have you ever seen the docufiction Alien Planet?

People have been talking about other planets for as long as we have been looking at the sky. The Jewish Talmund speaks of 1800 other worlds.

Now you certainly have my attention, what factors exhibited suggest extra terrestrial origin? None that I am aware of.

The evidence clearly indicates that the formation of some crop designs is from above, which is also logical, hence they are not terrestrial. What the non terrestrial agency creating some of them is, is another matter.

The evidence clearly indicates that the formation of some crop designs is from above, which is also logical, hence they are not terrestrial. What the non terrestrial agency creating some of them is, is another matter.

At no time have you presented any evidence, clear or otherwise. All crop circles - natural and man-made - are of terrestrial origin.

• Like 1

At no time have you presented any evidence, clear or otherwise. All crop circles - natural and man-made - are of terrestrial origin.

Not sure what you mean by a 'natural' crop circle.

I don't know what they're called in the UK or the US but there are "very small tornadoes" called willy-wilies here in Oz, they last seconds, do very little damage beyonf knock over a few potplants and make interesting patterns in the dust. Presumably if they occur over crops thye'll flatten them.

I don't know what they're called in the UK or the US but there are "very small tornadoes" called willy-wilies here in Oz, they last seconds, do very little damage beyonf knock over a few potplants and make interesting patterns in the dust. Presumably if they occur over crops thye'll flatten them.

Around here we call them dust devils. :tu:

' We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are true and explain their appearance' -- Isaac Newton

Evidence from crop designs shows that some are made by the use of some sort of microwave energy, or similar, with evidence of heating to the plants to get them to bend

Recent proposals to explain this suggest that humans are using some sort of microwave device to create crop designs

This cannot be true as there is no evidence of human technology or ability to create large designs in this way or that there is a way to power such a device in the locations and circumstances where these designs suddenly appear

So those crop design that show evidence of 'microwave' heating must be of non human origin

It is the simplest solution - Occum's Razor in practice

That is an ASSUMPTION AKA THEORY perpetuated by the wannabe researchers. There is no evidence of microwave radiation in causing crop circles. They see bent or blown areas in the plant, and make a theory that it must be microwaves causing it. Haha. I've tested it myself, put some plant in the microwave, the STEM pops, not the NODE. And then they continue to catch fire.

"Bent and blown nodes" are due to the plants bending and stressing at the node from phototropism.

How about a real test for this theory. Click to enlarge

cropcirclesnodesstemsmi.jpg

Edited by AlienDan
  • Like 5

what happens when you point a "microwave projector" at a piece of meat?

if you stick a piece of meat in a mixrowave oven it gets cook, but whst abouy in a beam?

what happens when you point a "microwave projector" at a piece of meat?

if you stick a piece of meat in a mixrowave oven it gets cook, but whst abouy in a beam?

Do you wear hats indoors too ? Like those NQ yobbos ?

gods .. It has just sunk in.. I am moving to country qld.. country music and cowboy hats *sigh* the things you do for love I suppose..

Not sure what you mean by a 'natural' crop circle.

And that one sentence confirms a lack of knowledge about the subject of crop circles

• Like 2

And *shudders* bush poetry.

oh gods.. you had to say it didnt you.. I had suppressed that thought.. now I am going to have nightmares about having to listen to bush poetry..

And that one sentence confirms a lack of knowledge about the subject of crop circles

Don't think so - you are saying that some crop designs are man made and some are not, 'natural' you call it . Would be interesting to know how you define 'natural'? does that include complex designs with mathematical messages maybe made by Nature?

Don't think so - you are saying that some crop designs are man made and some are not, 'natural' you call it . Would be interesting to know how you define 'natural'? does that include complex designs with mathematical messages maybe made by Nature?

One of the most complex and amazing mathematical formulae is encoded in nature. The Fibonacci Sequence. It's amazing. It's omnipresent. It's been called by some "God's signature" or "God's thumbprint".

Do you have supporting information? I have a strong feeling "indicates" is interchangeable with "Made up" here.

And how would that relate to Extraterrestrial at all? The hill seems to be getting steeper here from my perspective.

Just like the UFO Phenomena, Crop Circles will also have several explanations, but as a rule of thumb the level of detail is directly proportional to the likelihood of human activity.

It might in some cases just be some bent roos.

LINK - Stoned Wallabies Blamed For Australian Crop Circles

Haha. I've tested it myself, put some plant in the microwave, the STEM pops, not the NODE. And then they continue to catch fire.

That's the ticket! Have a go yourself, well done mate. :tu:

oh gods.. you had to say it didnt you.. I had suppressed that thought.. now I am going to have nightmares about having to listen to bush poetry..

And hoping some Vogon's arrive maybe........

Also known for their poetry........ but is is only the third worst in the Universe I hear.