Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'

laver

Stoned Wallibies LIVE in concert!

Sorry. Nature does some weird stuff. I do not believe for a second alien make them. I mean look at these (keep in mind.... I live in Florida, ice anywhere other than the freezer is rare so forgive me if I thought this was pretty cool)

http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Ice_spike

Sure some of them could be non-man made..... But as already stated... The more complex than more likely they were. I could see how a nature phenomena could create them. As far as the microwave stuff goes.... Just don't buy it. It might not be this but I know that some insects can create those bulges like those. JMO.

Edited by Esoteric Toad
  • Like 1

And hoping some Vogon's arrive maybe........

Also known for their poetry........ but is is only the third worst in the Universe I hear.

Sly ploy there to get me to bite ! But Indeed the Vogons do have a special place in there three ounce heart for our Humor . As it stands Mankind is really an anomaly as far as creatures go !

On the other three hands we are all we are due to our heavy gravity on earth. Brains develop much better in Space it lets all the Grey matter expand so much better.

Unlike the baby batter here on earth!

As for our poetry It s Ok given taken in the right levels of words -per- Drinks !

As for the Occums Razor Im still useing my Straight edge knife ! It cuts right thru all the B.S.of Crop circles !

Ode to a lump of puddy I found in my armpit..... Vogon poetry.

Sly ploy there to get me to bite ! But Indeed the Vogons do have a special place in there three ounce heart for our Humor . As it stands Mankind is really an anomaly as far as creatures go !

On the other three hands we are all we are due to our heavy gravity on earth. Brains develop much better in Space it lets all the Grey matter expand so much better.

Unlike the baby batter here on earth!

As for our poetry It s Ok given taken in the right levels of words -per- Drinks !

As for the Occums Razor Im still useing my Straight edge knife ! It cuts right thru all the B.S.of Crop circles !

Well you might well be right, ET gave us Ode to a Lump Of Green Putty I found in My Armpit One Midsummers Morning, but that is not actually Vogon, it is Master Grunthos from Kria, the honor of the worst poetry in the Universe was bestowed upon one Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings from Essex. Not much of a Poet myself, I have no problem with it, but not something I actively pursue.

I am not sure even the razor could cut the mustard where crop circle theory comes onto play!

One of the most complex and amazing mathematical formulae is encoded in nature. The Fibonacci Sequence. It's amazing. It's omnipresent. It's been called by some "God's signature" or "God's thumbprint".

Ah, are you indicating that some crop designs are made by 'God'? in the form of nature of course?

If you mean that any agency which is creating some crop designs and which is non terrestial can be generally called 'God' or 'Goddess' or any other term for a non terrestial deity then you may have a point... as you say mathematical formulae are, after all, encoded in nature.

Ah, are you indicating that some crop designs are made by 'God'? in the form of nature of course?

If you mean that any agency which is creating some crop designs and which is non terrestial can be generally called 'God' or 'Goddess' or any other term for a non terrestial deity then you may have a point... as you say mathematical formulae are, after all, encoded in nature.

Natures order is Chaos. Look at the Universe.

Natures order is Chaos. Look at the Universe.

I love that ,Natures odors are imbedded in the Arm pits of Grunthos ! What a Smelly point of view ! I miss Douglas Adams ! :tu:

• Like 1

Yes that's almost exactly what I, and others, have been saying.

Some crop circles are created by man. Some are created by natural forces. However, the fact that God has been doodling on the wheat of the world is something noone's suggested.

• Like 2

Yes that's almost exactly what I, and others, have been saying.

Some crop circles are created by man. Some are created by natural forces. However, the fact that God has been doodling on the wheat of the world is something noone's suggested.

So crop circles that exhibit signs that they were not made by humans, this could be in various ways, but also exhibit evidence of intelligent design are made by an agency that is non terrestrial and could be generally called 'God'. Why 'God' should choose to doodle in crops, as you put it, is at present a mystery but we are told he (she) works in mysterious ways?

So crop circles that exhibit signs that they were not made by humans, this could be in various ways, but also exhibit evidence of intelligent design are made by an agency that is non terrestrial and could be generally called 'God'. Why 'God' should choose to doodle in crops, as you put it, is at present a mystery but we are told he (she) works in mysterious ways?

WHOOSH.

Actually, what I'm saying is that crop circles that aren't made by man, are probably made by the weather.

The complex ones? Man.

The simple circular ones? Drunk man or the wind.

Some random abstract "reading patterns into things that aren't there" ones? Wind.

• Like 2

WHOOSH.

Actually, what I'm saying is that crop circles that aren't made by man, are probably made by the weather.

The complex ones? Man.

The simple circular ones? Drunk man or the wind.

Some random abstract "reading patterns into things that aren't there" ones? Wind.

Your argument that complex designs are only made by man don't quite stack up with evidence witness statements etc etc and you don't know that but are just guessing. We are taught that 'God' 'Goddesses' act in mysterious ways so maybe this is the latest example?

Your argument that complex designs are only made by man don't quite stack up with evidence witness statements etc etc and you don't know that but are just guessing. We are taught that 'God' 'Goddesses' act in mysterious ways so maybe this is the latest example?

So what evidence would that be then, Mr. Pot? Care to give us some?

"eye witness testamony of not seing a circle, and then seeingbit later" thst sort of thing.

"eye witness testamony of not seing a circle, and then seeingbit later" thst sort of thing.

Intelligent design linked to anomolies that can not be explained by human creation would seem to be the key. An area of corn flattened by a downdraft of wind is probably not a sign of intelligent design, but still might be...

well, I thought this thread might be interesting, but it's just another 'because I said so, so there!' kind of thing, so I don't think i'll bother.....

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If all the crop designs are manmade the hoaxers will eventually get bored or too old to play the game or die off and the phenomena will then die out.

If some designs are not manmade they will continue as they must be there for a reason and we will eventually find out why.

At present, after many years, they are going strong....

i think you misunderstand the meaning of 'occam's razor'.

yes, not all crop circles are man-made, the simplest solution is that they are created by air turbulance, such as eddys, dust-devils, circular vortices, that kind of thing.

the large geometric patterns that you see today are OBVIOUSLY man-made, and applying occam's razor certainly excludes them from being of extraterrestrial origin.

• Like 1

If all the crop designs are manmade the hoaxers will eventually get bored or too old to play the game or die off and the phenomena will then die out.

If some designs are not manmade they will continue as they must be there for a reason and we will eventually find out why.

At present, after many years, they are going strong....

You're absolutely right.

Just like how Christianity died off after the last Disciple died.

• Like 3

You're absolutely right.

Just like how Christianity died off after the last Disciple died.

Hardly a fair comparison unless the hoaxers are on some sort of 'divine' mission to convert the world to cropianity offering life after death...

There will always be people doing it. With internet, social media etc. anyone who creates a good hoax can have it broadcast worldwide instantly. It won't stop...

• Like 1

There will always be people doing it. With internet, social media etc. anyone who creates a good hoax can have it broadcast worldwide instantly. It won't stop...

i say we start making some ***t up and get the CT mill running full steam!!

''illuminati responsible for blue M&M disappearence'' shocker!

film at 11.....

:-)

Replace the word hoax for design but where are these clever designers of all crop circles? Hiding from farmers? who seem pretty poor at catching them at it !

where are these clever designers of all crop circles? Hiding from farmers? who seem pretty poor at catching them at it !

I spend quite a lot of my time in wiltshire & somerset, and lived there for some time. I attend the stonehenge festival every year, and have done since the early 70's, and 3yrs ago I spent a lovely afternoon on june 20th, the height of the crop circle silly season, sitting against one of the uprights of the avebury avenue,drinking suicider, and watching two guys make a huge crop circle in the field opposite. the circle had a diameter of 100ft, and took roughly 45mns to make.

this was at 4pm, in broad daylight, in a farmer's wheat field, in full view of everyone, and nobody came to stop them.

in fact, apart from me & pagan rob, nobody batted an eyelid over the whole affair. nobody gave a toss because in wiltshire that kind of scene is commonplace.

why do you think they don't make the tv news anymore? hmm?

because most of the circles that you think are made in the dead of night, in seconds, by aliens,

aren't.

they're made during the day, in around an hour,

by people.

• Like 1

I spend quite a lot of my time in wiltshire & somerset, and lived there for some time. I attend the stonehenge festival every year, and have done since the early 70's, and 3yrs ago I spent a lovely afternoon on june 20th, the height of the crop circle silly season, sitting against one of the uprights of the avebury avenue,drinking suicider, and watching two guys make a huge crop circle in the field opposite. the circle had a diameter of 100ft, and took roughly 45mns to make.

this was at 4pm, in broad daylight, in a farmer's wheat field, in full view of everyone, and nobody came to stop them.

in fact, apart from me & pagan rob, nobody batted an eyelid over the whole affair. nobody gave a toss because in wiltshire that kind of scene is commonplace.

why do you think they don't make the tv news anymore? hmm?

because most of the circles that you think are made in the dead of night, in seconds, by aliens,

aren't.

they're made during the day, in around an hour,

by people.

quote...'most of the circles that you think are made in the dead of night,in seconds,by aliens, aren't they're made during the day, in around an hour by people'

You say most.. what about the rest that would take hours to set out and make even in broad daylight.....