Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are angels real?

Render

Are angels real?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Are angels real?

• Yes
    • No

'Real Angels'

Despite centuries of theological speculation about angels — from their number to their duties to how many can dance on the head of a pin — no one knows if they exist outside of stories and legends. Many people believe they do: Polls suggest that nearly 70 percent of Americans think angels exist. In their book "Paranormal America," sociologists Christopher Bader, F. Carson Mencken, and Joseph Baker note that "Angels pervade popular culture in books, television shows, and movies....

http://www.livescience.com/26071-are-angels-real.html

• Like 1

"If you are ashamed of me before men, I will be ashamed of you before the holy angels" - Jesus

• Like 3

i picked no because i do not believe in them, but i have been wrong before so who knows.

• Like 1

"If you are ashamed of me before men, I will be ashamed of you before the holy angels" - Jesus

Nothing whatsoever to do with the question.
  • Like 2

Yes they are, absolutely real.

I have no idea. Some evidence supports the idea, some doesn't. While both sides will argue there is no proof. Until I have an experience myself, I've become agnostic! :o

• Like 2

it all depends on your believe and the researches you've done so everyone will have a different answer

i believe they do exist though

I do believe they are real. I did have an experience 8 years ago when I saw a brilliant, bluish white light in my bedroom which woke me up in the early hours of the morning (3.00 am). What was significant for me though, was that is was just a few hours before the sudden death of my twin. I don't know whether this was an Angel or my twin coming to say goodbye.

My only regret is that I went back to sleep after looking at this beautiful light for a few moments. I don't know why I wasn't startled, to this day I still ponder on this :innocent:

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 2

Angels can take many forms, usually appearing as human or a glowing light or aura. Often—especially in cases of averted tragedy or disaster—angels will not be seen at all, but instead recognized by their actions. If something good, unexpected, and seemingly inexplicable happens, it's often assumed to be the result of angelic intervention....

Though angels are said to dwell in heaven, their visits to the earthly realm are not always benevolent. The most famous angel is Satan, who rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven. Biblical angels wage warfare, lay siege to cities, and kill people. The archangel Michael, for example, is often depicted as the leader of God's Army, destroying armies with his terrible powers and flaming sword. These avenging angels seem to have disappeared in modern times; it would be strange indeed to hear the victim of an accident or disaster blame an angel for their misfortune.

Angels are real!!! (But they're much cooler now)

899445-hells-angels-profile-650x366.jpg

Angels/spiritguides.

They exist alright there is no doubt that they do. Wether actual seperate entities or deep Jungian Archetypical manifestations. Take your pick.

• Like 1

Angles are extract of religion. Religion is man made so i had to vote no...

I would haft to say no.

One of the main reasons is that people say angels saved them from this or that and that they are watching over them.

Then why would'nt they save a child being torture to death by some sadistic A$$troll or why let all those kids get killed by some crazed shooter. :gun:

I know, I know their names came up in the book of life and it was their time to go........ :nw: Praise the Lord :nw:

• Like 1

A friend's aunt of mine swears on her children that before almost dying on an opperating table she saw "the light" and a person floating in the background of "the light". She swears it was an angel but it's just really hard to believe unless it happens to you i guess.

I've been wondering if the view of Angels in Yahweh-based religions is that of a being greater than man. This quote seems to support that.

• Like 1

A friend's aunt of mine swears on her children that before almost dying on an opperating table she saw "the light" and a person floating in the background of "the light". She swears it was an angel but it's just really hard to believe unless it happens to you i guess.

Or the doctor.

Guardian angels is a title attributed to a close call...

As for angels themselves, I dunno; I've never seen one but others claim to have...they just don't have proof and so ask us to be faithful, too bad.

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

I've seen the Arch Angel Micheal he spoke to me saying "You have gross negligiance".

He was a pale colour and had Arcadian eyes much like Leonardo Davincis painting of him .

He is mentioned in revelations battling the Dragon who I think is the Omega Demon who will bring destruction to our world.

Guardian angels is a title attributed to a close call...

As for angels themselves, I dunno; I've never seen one but others claim to have...they just don't have proof and so ask us to be faithful, too bad.

You don't have to have faith Sean... You just have to investigate all the angles ;)

You don't have to have faith Sean... You just have to investigate all the angles ;)

I may just try one of these days.

(I think I see what you did there)

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

When I was a child I was playing ball games with my brother, when the ball was kicked onto our roof by mistake. My brother was content to finish playing and went inside. I wasn't. I grabbed my father's ladder from the shed and propped it up and climbed up to get it. Dad came out and saw me climbing the ladder and someone (presumably my brother) holding the ladder. Still, we were very young and it was dangerous so dad ran out to stop us. I came down with the ball, and shortly after stepping off the ladder it fell sideways to the ground. My dad was angry and demanded to know where my brother ran off to. As I said, he saw someone holding the ladder. But my brother had gone inside.

Who was it my dad saw holding the ladder? I was alone as far as I knew. I would argue that it was an angel holding a shaky ladder.

~ Regards, PA

• Like 3

My mother in law briefly passed away whilst having a pace maker fitted,was revived and she reported no experiences whatsoever.

I think when people see Angels and the light,it's just the Brains way of making Death more pleasant,who knows?

My Mother in Law is Catholic,so i kind of expected her to experience something,so maybe religeous beliefs don't come into it.