Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Other side of gun ownership

Lilly

IF i were a criminal and knew that most households i want to burgle most probably have guns, then i would make sure I was armed too.

I think you'd pick a home that you knew wasn't going to have arms in it. Drug addict or not, you're not going to go into a home thinking your going to shoot it out with a homeowner. What're you gonna get away with? A computer? a TV? As cops start arriving from reported gun shots? And that's if you're not riddled with bullet holes.

I think you'd pick a home that you knew wasn't going to have arms in it. Drug addict or not, you're not going to go into a home thinking your going to shoot it out with a homeowner. What're you gonna get away with? A computer? a TV? As cops start arriving from reported gun shots? And that's if you're not riddled with bullet holes.

I would, but from the posts over the past couple of months by Americans on here and what I have been reading...thats very few and far between in the US.

it seems guns in the homes are pretty normal over there, so please correct me if I am wrong, but the chances are of finding a home without a gun in would be far more difficult.

I would say more homes here do not have guns than those that do. Residential burglaries are rampant.

its a shame it has gone so far in American and I can not see a way out in the forseeable future.

I hear ya but besides this antigun movement what's gone so far that hasn't always been around? Bad guys with guns and good guys to stop them have always been around and so has our 2nd amendment right to protect ourselves. The most crimes happens in densely populated areas as it always had and even if you live in a real low crime area stuff can happen just like it always has or could.

What needs to happens is...

...A serious crackdown on major offenders starting with gangs. Gang membership in itself ought to carry a weighted penalty.

...Serious penalties for serious crimes. People get more time for getting high than others get for murder and rape, sometimes. Clear the jails for those who really need to be there.

...An end to demonizing law abiding citizens and their lawful rights. It's one thing for the immateur media to act as it is but this crap is coming from top levels of government including the POTUS and his 2nd amendment brainwash the children against guns AG Holder. Those idiots need to focus on eliminating the above two points, not attacking American citizens and the NRA.

• Like 1

I would, but from the posts over the past couple of months by Americans on here and what I have been reading...thats very few and far between in the US.

it seems guns in the homes are pretty normal over there, so please correct me if I am wrong, but the chances are of finding a home without a gun in would be far more difficult.

Doubt it but it depends on the area your looking at. There is almost a legal gun for every citizen numbers wise but many people own multiple guns. I'd guess its more like 1/3 of households actually have a gun. There is no accounting for illegal guns though.

• Like 1

Doubt it but it depends on the area your looking at. There is almost a legal gun for every citizen numbers wise but many people own multiple guns. I'd guess its more like 1/3 of households actually have a gun. There is no accounting for illegal guns though.

It would depend heavily on the area! I know very few people that don't have guns and most of them have a lot of kids running in and out of the house. When our outbuilding was broken into and tools were stolen I was home. I had the police on the phone in one hand and in the other I had a .45 with a bead, through the kitchen window, on one of the guys that was a lookout. The first thing the cop said when he showed up was, "You do have a gun don't you?" It wasn't really a question because he was nodding when he said it. I didn't know how many of them were back there and my life wasn't in danger so I didn't confront them, but I was ready in case they did try and get into the house. I was furious to no end, but I would not pull a gun on someone for a few hundred dollars worth of tools and possibly endanger myself.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

icon1.gif15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

Here's one reason to own an AR-15.

A 15-year old boy used his father’s AR-15 to defend himself and his 12-year old sister against two burglars at their home just north of Houston, Texas.

Their father is a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy constable, and the boy knew what he had to do to keep himself and his sister alive. Around 2:30 PM, two men tried to break in, with one going through the front door and the other in the back.

The boy grabbed the AR-15 and shot at them. The two later showed up at a Tomball hospital. The adult was hit three times and was flown to Memorial Hermann hospital, while the juvenile was taken back to the crime scene.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

More stories are coming out about armed citizens defending their lives and property with legally owned firearms. In the span of a week, Breitbart News has reported how a mother used a .38 revolver against an intruder, a man used his weapon to protect his 2-month old son, and a Colorado man invoked the Make My Day law in Colorado in using lethal force to defend himself against three intruders.

Senator Dianne Feinstein and others are trying to push through major gun control laws that would include banning the AR-15, the same gun used by the teenage boy.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ainst-Burglars

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Burgl...-97430719.html

• Like 2

You still cant have my guns :gun:

If you all are gonna throw your Constitution down the drain you better find some land for all the Red Blooded Americans that give a ****.

People aren't asking for your guns or trying to throw away the Constitution. There will still be handguns. There will still be rifles. There will still be shotguns. Trying to equate gun control with a 100% ban on any firearms does nothing to further debate towards a possible solution.

And the boy's story is not a reason to own an AR-15. From the sounds of it any gun could have done the job. And I hope to hell that the kid has a lot of education and respect for firearms because having a 15 year old with easy access to firearms could lead to serious trouble.

Edited by Corp
  • Like 1

Gangs are the source of most gun crime. This isn't a well thought out idea but I think our military or national guard should be at home irradicating these gangs.

unfortunatly 1-2% of us military are active members of street gangs, according to fbi. they bring knowlege they got in us army, and teach their gang brothers,

Edited by aztek

And the boy's story is not a reason to own an AR-15. From the sounds of it any gun could have done the job.

It's not a reason not to own one either. Your second sentence invalidates your first sentence. A gun is a gun. I'll concede that maybe people shouldn't have Gatling guns, at least as a means of self defense. Those can cause lots of collateral damage.

unfortunatly 1-2% of us military are active members of street gangs, according to fbi. they bring knowlege they got in us army, and teach their gang brothers,

Your right, I've heard that. An even better reason to fight fire with fire. We can't have street gangs getting to tactical. Then again, maybe it'll help them hit the right targets during drivebys instead of five year old kids.

icon1.gif15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

Here's one reason to own an AR-15.

A 15-year old boy used his father’s AR-15 to defend himself and his 12-year old sister against two burglars at their home just north of Houston, Texas.

Their father is a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy constable, and the boy knew what he had to do to keep himself and his sister alive. Around 2:30 PM, two men tried to break in, with one going through the front door and the other in the back.

The boy grabbed the AR-15 and shot at them. The two later showed up at a Tomball hospital. The adult was hit three times and was flown to Memorial Hermann hospital, while the juvenile was taken back to the crime scene.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

More stories are coming out about armed citizens defending their lives and property with legally owned firearms. In the span of a week, Breitbart News has reported how a mother used a .38 revolver against an intruder, a man used his weapon to protect his 2-month old son, and a Colorado man invoked the Make My Day law in Colorado in using lethal force to defend himself against three intruders.

Senator Dianne Feinstein and others are trying to push through major gun control laws that would include banning the AR-15, the same gun used by the teenage boy.

http://www.breitbart....ainst-Burglars

http://www.khou.com/....-97430719.html

Nice soft cuddly feeling in your heart aside, how is it that a 15 year old boy had access to an AR-15 and ammo? Is that what you call gun control?

• Like 1

Nice soft cuddly feeling in your heart aside, how is it that a 15 year old boy had access to an AR-15 and ammo? Is that what you call gun control?

You're right. He should have sat down and let the intruders kill him and his sister. Doesn't he know its dangerous to use a gun! He could have been hurt!

• Like 5

Probably the same way I did when I was fifteen, only these were handguns and rifles. I was taught where they were, NEVER to touch them, and in cases of EXTREME danger I could then use them.

• Like 4

I'd assume that dad lets the kid have access for this very reason, the kids are home alone. He sure knew how to use it because dad taught him. Good for them.

• Like 5

I'd assume that dad lets the kid have access for this very reason, the kids are home alone. He sure knew how to use it because dad taught him. Good for them.

I'm sure that's what every parent of a kid who either shot himself or others with his dads gun thought too.

Why even have a minimum age to carry guns then? Let's just give them to 15 year olds. Hell, they should be allowed to conceal carry too, for self defense, right?

• Like 1

No one said anything about 'carrying' or 'concealed'.

I have friends that have had guns since they were 3 years old and are teaching their kids at that age and buying them their own little .22's.

• Like 1

Like my dad taught me to use firearms from the age of six. We were taught to respect them and never touch them without adult supervision unless under extreme danger.

Why didn't this sort of thing happen more often, in rural areas, where almost every kid had access to guns from the time they were born 100 years ago?

• Like 1

No one said anything about 'carrying' or 'concealed'.

I have friends that have had guns since they were 3 years old and are teaching their kids at that age and buying them their own little .22's.

Teaching them under supervision is one thing and its good. Having AR15s or any guns easily accessible to a child is something different,

This particular story ended well, fine. Are you telling me that you don't see the problem with a child knowing how to get his hands on a gun and ammo?

And of you're going to tell me how its ok for a child to have access to a gun so he can protect himself there, then why not take it a step further and allow them to concealed carry guns... you know, to protect them from kidnappers on the streets?

Teaching them under supervision is one thing and its good. Having AR15s or any guns easily accessible to a child is something different,

This particular story ended well, fine. Are you telling me that you don't see the problem with a child knowing how to get his hands on a gun and ammo?

And of you're going to tell me how its ok for a child to have access to a gun so he can protect himself there, then why not take it a step further and allow them to concealed carry guns... you know, to protect them from kidnappers on the streets?

Not if you have a responsible, well adjusted child.

• Like 4

I had my first .22 rifle when I was 4... On top of that, I was shown where the keys to the gun cabinet was when I was 8 or 9 years old, just for the reason of possible home intruders.

It's a miracle I haven't killed anyone, I must be an anomaly. :/

• Like 3

I'm sure that's what every parent of a kid who either shot himself or others with his dads gun thought too.

Why even have a minimum age to carry guns then? Let's just give them to 15 year olds. Hell, they should be allowed to conceal carry too, for self defense, right?

You know there's a big difference between a kid who thinks he knows how to handle a gun and a kid who is taught well how to handle one. There is also the matter of how responsible the parents are and how they've reared their kid. Then there is the matter of responsible parents knowing wether or not their kid is sensible enough to be taught and involved with the gun in the first place.

I think for the most part that responsible legal gun owners far outweigh irresponsible ones so I don't think the former should be scalded for the acts of idiots. Most times when you hear on the news of a kid getting ahold of a gun in the wrong way it's because of an irresponsible parent who has illegal guns lying around. It happens in the hood all the time.

• Like 2

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC) Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone.

"I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.

Why hypocritical you may ask?

It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.

But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

edit; as i read more source to the story, i found out, the story happened 1,5 years ago, the senator was indited. and could do few years, didn't find how it ended however.

Edited by aztek

Arming children and teaching them how to use them at the age of 3 ,pmsl at that. Ha ha ha ha omg my sides are hurting. Please stop you kiddie training stories, there too funny.

Arming children and teaching them how to use them at the age of 3 ,pmsl at that. Ha ha ha ha omg my sides are hurting. Please stop you kiddie training stories, there too funny.

funny stuff, right?

however it isn't uncommon here, country was armed since day1, guns were everywhere around, not locked up in safes but worn, shot, and poses all the time, and so were kids, around adults, and guns, so they learned early,

but yea, you should see small kid's rifles they make, you'll lyoa.

• Like 1

Since she put all her bullets in this one guy, what would she of done if there had been more than one. She needed something that held more bullets but that's going to be illegal soon.

Glad her and the kids are safe. Thanks to the gun.

• Like 1