Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guardian Angels

soulpowertothenthdegree

Guardian angels are a crock to most that have never experienced a "SAVING" at the hands of one. For me, they are valid many times over. As you will see in this article, I have had many incidents that have occurred in this lifetime where an outside force had to be present for me to be here writing this.

#1) The earliest occurrence happened when I was 3 years old. Now I will not swear that I remember all the specifics (some of the information was given to me at a later date), but it starts with me being babysat by my Father while my Mother was out playing cards one Sunday. I wanted some candy from the 5&10 store on the corner and while my father was watching football, I told him I was going to get me some candy. I walked out the front door without him realizing it and proceeded to walk by myself in the direction of the store.

Where we lived at the time were some apartments behind a bakery, next to some train tracks near a busy intersection. I had to walk up an overpass, across the railroad tracks and cross the street to get to the store. I walked in and went for the candy section, the man and lady who owned the shop kept waiting for one of my parents to walk in behind me, they never did. Fortunately, they knew who I was and had my parents number on the wall behind the register area. The lady called my house and my Father answered. Needless to say he was rather surprised I had made it to this store by myself, since he was certain I was upstairs in my room playing. The lady asked me my name and when I told her she held the phone up for my Father to hear me. Certainly a guardian angel was watching me that day. When I was older I took a ride over there and walked the same path, it was shocking to me that I had navigated this as a 3 year old, but they swear it happened.

#2) This experience happened when I was 7 years old and I remember everything that happened clearly. A friend of mine had a really cool tree house his father had built in a 150 ft oak tree in their backyard. He and I were going to go hang out and eat lunch and listen to some 45's on his new record machine. I had never been up there with him before that day (it had just been built the week before), so I was eager to check it out. The tree house was very sturdy and well built, between 3 huge branches of this tree. It was about 35 ft off the ground and would fit 4 kids comfortably. We made the climb and my friend was in front of me, he got in and I followed him. Before he could put the trap door down (I had not even realized there was one), I backed up to let him get around me and down I went.

I fell feet first, 35 ft and landed on my back? I should've landed on my feet, right? I never touched any part of the tree on the way down, how did I end up on my back? I should've had some kind of major injury from the landing, right? A broken arm, a concussion, a broken bone in my back somewhere...nope, I had the wind knocked out of me. Something lowered me to the ground and positioned me in a way to minimize the affects of the fall. The paramedics came and checked me out and found nothing wrong, they all told me how lucky I was and my friend was in more shock than me. His parents tore the tree house down the next day.

#3) When I was 21, I worked 3 jobs...pizza delivery, waiter and construction. My main job was working for a construction company as a roofer apprentice. They were training me to run my own crew. The guys I worked with were all veterans of the roofing business and were helpful in teaching me. This was only my 3rd week on the job and we had great weather the whole time up until this day. They had taught me if a rain storm comes and I start to slide (decking leaves saw dust after cuts) to take my claw hammer and jam it into the plywood to give me a grip.

I had no occasion to do this until that day. A storm rolled in and caught us all by surprise, I was about half way between the apex (the top of the roof) and the edge of the eaves (the lower part). The other guys made it to the top and I started to slide down, I took my hammer and did as I was instructed to do, BOING, I hit a dead spot where there was a cross beam and the hammer went flying. The pitch of this roof was at an angle that did not allow me to just lay flat and there was nothing to hold on to. Imagine, 30 feet up and no where to go but down, where the ground had piles of debris (re-bar, sheet metal shards, broken glass, etc.).

I got to the end of the roof and down I went, where did I land? In the only place I could without sustaining a life threatening injury, I landed in front of a huge pile of crap, I just mentioned, on a board with a nail in it, feet first. The nail was one of those long nails that was used for framing and I landed directly on it, where it went in my heel and kept me from falling backwards into this pile. Every time I think of this day, the cartoon "Wyle Coyote" comes to mind. It was so amazing that nail in my heel "SAVED" me from falling backwards. I just had this scream on my face, but no sound was coming out. I was in shock that I was alive or not seriously injured, this in spite of the fact I had a nail impaled in my heel that went all the way to my ankle. My days of roofing came to a screeching halt. They made me a foreman of a ground crew doing thermo-ply.

#4) One year before the Thanksgiving holiday, I was working for a department store as a man's clothing manager and merchandiser. We were setting up for the coming "day after sale". I began the day going back and forth getting stock from the warehouse and bringing it to the floor and merchandising the area. I had to go by an elevator down a narrow walkway each time. I had not noticed the light switch that was hanging out of the wall near the elevator, until, it snagged my shirt (a Perry Ellis dress shirt) and ripped a hole in it. I reacted without thinking and grabbed the light switch to put it back in the hole it was supposed to be in. When I did this, I did so with the 3 fingers on each hand (thumb, index, middle) and it was "HOT". It grabbed me and "ZAPPED" me for at least 7 seconds. Something grabbed my hands and took them off, I stumbled in the direction of the hallway and just made it to a shelved area on the other side, where I leaned against a support and crumbled to the ground. When I came to, I was in the hospital, 8 hours later.

This time around the injuries were extensive and more severe, but I lived. I had 5 herniated discs (2 in my neck, 3 in my lower back), I had a severely sprained ankle (from my falling with all my weight on top), I tore the cartilage in my left knee (same as ankle) and I had an irregular heart beat. I was very fortunate, however, the affects of this were long lasting. The residual affects? I lost 6 teeth from the grinding (lucky I didn't bite my tongue off), permanent nerve damage to my entire body, many back injuries since this happened, ankle always hurts, I lost all my hair within 2 years (electrolysis, perhaps), my nervous system changed (I was now highly allergic to many things, where I wasn't before) and these are just the physical affects. The mental affects would require a much larger area to explore.

I have more experiences that are very difficult to explain away as just "LUCK".

There was a thread I wrote recently that shared another of these amazing situations. You can read it here: http://www.unexplain...opic=240529&hl=.

I will share more another day, this is all I can handle right now.

Soul

• Like 2

Do you truly believe it was Guardian Angels that saved you each time? You don't mention actually seeing any.

I would say that over a lifetime it's possible to experience several incidents when you feel you really 'should' have died, and it seems like a miracle that you didn't. I'm not sure what to make of the existence(or not), of Guardian Angels ...... I wouldn't go so far as to insist that they don't exist.

Do you truly believe it was Guardian Angels that saved you each time? You don't mention actually seeing any.

I would say that over a lifetime it's possible to experience several incidents when you feel you really 'should' have died, and it seems like a miracle that you didn't. I'm not sure what to make of the existence(or not), of Guardian Angels ...... I wouldn't go so far as to insist that they don't exist.

Who says you have to see them for them to be there. I felt their presence each time, with the exception of when I was 3. The other 3 times they were either under me or behind me. I don't say I should've died, I say they saved me, either from more serious injuries or the possibility of death in each instance. Whether you believe in them or not makes no difference to me, I believe because I lived it first hand. As I said at the beginning, those that have never experienced being "SAVED" think it is a crock. Just be sure of this, they exist and they have saved you before. You do not always have the same circumstances where you see them or feel them.

• Like 2

Who says you have to see them for them to be there. I felt their presence each time, with the exception of when I was 3. The other 3 times they were either under me or behind me. I don't say I should've died, I say they saved me, either from more serious injuries or the possibility of death in each instance. Whether you believe in them or not makes no difference to me, I believe because I lived it first hand. As I said at the beginning, those that have never experienced being "SAVED" think it is a crock. Just be sure of this, they exist and they have saved you before. You do not always have the same circumstances where you see them or feel them.

I believe in personal angels and demons; in psychological terms, they are called the Id and the Superego. But what you described here was a series of random but fortunate events (excluding the torn cartilage and the sprained ankle and stuff). I like to think that maybe sometimes we all have certain experiences that perhaps changes our perspective of the world around us. And we all have our own unique view of what we experience and our own individual stories to tell. And it's perfectly natural to sometimes believe in something 'divine' or supernatural or to feel special (like having a relationship or a bond or a link of some kind with a higher power or 'force' or some heavenly/hellish entity) because of the experiences that we had. So, whatever works for you... Have a good life. :)

• Like 1

I dont deny the existance of these angels, but i have a perception there are a few if's if you are believing in the angels of the Bible.""" If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”

and you make the Most High your dwelling,

10 no harm will overtake you,"""

There seems to be a few stipluations to angels that have the ear of Gd. You are one of the blessed ones perhaps! :yes:

• Like 1

Did your hair grow back?

Just want to say glad your still with us and I believe in angels too ;)

• Like 2

Did your hair grow back?

Just want to say glad your still with us and I believe in angels too ;)

No it did not, and I am glad. There is a positive in every negative. I was very vain, always worried about my looks (picture Elvis) and this forced me to be more aware of my inner self. I was able to clear my mind of the fake importance of looks and it allowed me to be my true self.

• Like 3

No it did not, and I am glad. There is a positive in every negative. I was very vain, always worried about my looks (picture Elvis) and this forced me to be more aware of my inner self. I was able to clear my mind of the fake importance of looks and it allowed me to be my true self.

Well, I think that this is the best possible way anyone could look at this. That's a great mentality to have in any situation, so long as your optimism is realistic. Good for you.

I'm with you about divine intervention I only got the story to the store at the age of 3, and I don't think Angel's were on high alert for that one but they were looking out I'm sure. My dad took me to Mexico when I was 3, couple months I would be 4. He was worried that the truth that he and an 11 yo girl down the street were my real parents would hurt his church standings and took me down there to leave me for dead, 7 months later I came home a 4 yo that had been shot twice in the face and twice in the gut, beat and stomped by basically every one in a small fishing village... At once. Tossed 3 to 6 miles out to sea and as the sun rose on day 1 of 4 a Great White Shark broke my right arm collar bone and shoulder blade, when he gave up on me my collar bone was poking my rt. cheek, thankfully I must add because my left was torn from corner of my mouth to ear from one shot to my face the night before. I don't recall seeing my Angel's and I recall much of this welcome wagon to earth I went through, but I set my own collar bone, found out that if you put the artery on the wrong side of the bone it makes you die quickly, and you can't tell it's the wrong side till you put the arm that's doing the fixing back down to its natural side and that's all hard enough by its self but let's not forget I was treading water on day 1 of 4 treading water, I'm 44 now I surf every day I am very stressful to my Angel's because that pace was the low end of normal as far as violence went for the next 7 months. Peace thanks, davidsanjbajadelsur

Shortly after Jesus had found me, my gaurdian angel made herself known to me. I saw her whole spirit form, wings and all. Shortly afterward, I heard her calling out my name. Her voice was much more beautiful than any human voice. The angels are real.

I'm glad you're still in one piece.

• Like 1

I'm with you about divine intervention I only got the story to the store at the age of 3, and I don't think Angel's were on high alert for that one but they were looking out I'm sure. My dad took me to Mexico when I was 3, couple months I would be 4. He was worried that the truth that he and an 11 yo girl down the street were my real parents would hurt his church standings and took me down there to leave me for dead, 7 months later I came home a 4 yo that had been shot twice in the face and twice in the gut, beat and stomped by basically every one in a small fishing village... At once. Tossed 3 to 6 miles out to sea and as the sun rose on day 1 of 4 a Great White Shark broke my right arm collar bone and shoulder blade, when he gave up on me my collar bone was poking my rt. cheek, thankfully I must add because my left was torn from corner of my mouth to ear from one shot to my face the night before. I don't recall seeing my Angel's and I recall much of this welcome wagon to earth I went through, but I set my own collar bone, found out that if you put the artery on the wrong side of the bone it makes you die quickly, and you can't tell it's the wrong side till you put the arm that's doing the fixing back down to its natural side and that's all hard enough by its self but let's not forget I was treading water on day 1 of 4 treading water, I'm 44 now I surf every day I am very stressful to my Angel's because that pace was the low end of normal as far as violence went for the next 7 months. Peace thanks, davidsanjbajadelsur

Well I walked across one street, up an overpass, across railroad tracks and across another very busy street by myself. You bet I had help.

I smell a rat.

I smell a rat.

Look in the mirror that smell is emanating from you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

nice. been there before. you eventually are prevented to sent back to "above" for a reason. they just keep u alive no matter what. thank God for that. :tu:

• 2 months later...

When I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, I was wandering the deep wood around my home that winter and was walking around a spring fed pond. My foot went through and got stuck in the muck. I remember being a little worried that I couldn't get out and mom would be mad that I was late. Not knowing I would die there in the cold.

A girl rode up on a horse, pulled me out and was gone. Still seems unreal, but I'm here so...

Jesus Christ! Have you thought about selling your story to Hollywood David?

So wait, God decided your well being was far more important than the millions of lives that he allows to die around the world in various terrible ways, and he aided you multiple times through-out your life (via his angels). All kidding aside, the fact that you play such an important role in his "immaculate plan" is indeed very special.

Chances are, you are some sort of catalyst that will change the face of the planet as we know it. Why else would he "interfere" with his own mechanizations (life as we know it) to make sure you hang around longer than you should have rightfully been allowed?