Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Killer Whales Trapped in Ice

sarah_444

A number of killer whales are trapped in the ice near a northern Quebec fishing village, using only a small patch of open water to breathe, say locals in the isolated community.

In a video posted to Facebook, a number of the whales can be seen taking turns breaching in the small patch of open water: some torpedo straight up, several feet out of the water, while others surface porpoise-style to catch a breath.

Simeonie Nalukturuk, public safety officer for the nearby village of Inukjuak, Que., confirmed no less than 11 whales are trapped.

Full Story (and video footage)

Pretty sad, I hope they can get them safely freed somehow.

I suppose an ice-breaker ship is economically out-of-the-question?

OMG NOT AGAIN!!!!

Did anyone ever see the movie based on the true story of 3 whales trapped in ice in Alaska? I don't even remember the name of it...even though I just watched it about two weeks ago...Drew Barrymore played the chick who was all into GreenPeace. Yeah, the Russians brought in an ice-breaker and saved the whales...

Operation Breakthrough...the true story

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

I do hope they save them like they did with those whales years ago.

Edited by CRIPTIC CHAMELEON
  • Like 1

Why don't they create a Titanic 2, just to break the ice and set those whales free? :lol:

(Cheap joke, i know!)

• Like 1