Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

mobile phone + battery that lasts 15 years

seeder

quote:

"In a world of battery-hungry phones such as iPhones and Androids, the SpareOne Plus sticks out - its makers claim it lasts for 15 years.

The affordable mobile that runs on a single, AA battery and is built as a 'spare' phone for emergencies - it can even call emergency services without a SIM card.

Designed as a back-up phone you can carry without worrying if it’s charged or not, the SpareOne is built to leave in the car for emergencies, or to pack in travel luggage – especially if you or your loved ones plan to go off the beaten track (or off-piste)"

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/unveiled-the-mobile-phone-with-a-battery-that-lasts-15-years-103800777.html

But am I the only one who see's further down the page that: "That single battery offers a talk time of up to 10 hours" ???

eh? Did I miss something?

• Like 1

The battery holds a charge for 15 years without use, like if you want to leave it in your car for emergencies but you have to recharge it after about 10 hours of use is what I'm thinking.

"- it can even call emergency services without a SIM card."

Pretty sure this is a standard feature on most phones since at least 2008/2009? so i don't get why there citing that i agree with hilander's point, 15 year if its sat in a glove compartment 6 to 10 hours max with useage. Not a bad idea tbh but $99 for a phone to sit in ya glove box or in ya hiking backpack seems pretty steep. I can get a basic fone with at least 5 spare 30 hour batteries ( assume it could leave it off in glove box) for less that £20,

Price turns me off the device.

• Like 1

They have portable battery changers that you can carry. Runs off of 2 AA batteries.

• Like 1

In 15 years we'll probably be communicating with surgical cellular implants and won't need phones anyway. Yay technology.