Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mars One Released Qualifications for Trip [merged]

wallarookiller

I'm thinking 2123...no way 2023.

Nope I wouldn't, I'm so in love with Earth I just can't stand to be without her.

• Like 1

I would go in a Flash ! ITs just I cant wait until 2050 for them to even get off the ground !

Nope I wouldn't, I'm so in love with Earth I just can't stand to be without her.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere that didn't have blue skies and water (at least a little) and green grass.

Wonder what the astronaughts will do after getting bored with studying red rocks and clay. Year after year after year. And living in a pod the size of a small caravan.

• Like 1

They would have to fly one way for a good reason.. To be the first people on another planet.

Their names would go down in history.

Would you go to Mars on a one way trip, grow your own food, and slowly die of radiation?

that can be shielded against and i wonder how much of a threat that would be once you are on Mars itself (compared to all the radiations and pollution we are facing every day here on earth :o )

sign me up...i know its a 1 way trip i wouldnt expect to be comeing back but for the sake of makeing it happen for future generations and science yep sign me up

but just so you know i'd be taken my 44mag and reloading supplys as well along with a lot of dukk tape ......cause i got the needed skills all around knowage

to make it happen now ask why i might need a gun in space? you just never know its protection..guns and condoms are best protection

it's better to have and not need then to need and not have

Yeah ! Guns on Mars ! Thats the Ticket ! LoL ! Maybe a AR-15 or Cruise Missles !

I would not go on a mission like this. I'd be homesick, paranoid, and without the Internet... out of those three, for me, the worst to have to endure would be being without the Internet.

• 1 month later...

that can be shielded against and i wonder how much of a threat that would be once you are on Mars itself (compared to all the radiations and pollution we are facing every day here on earth :o )

Since it has such a thin atmosphere I think what I read was they would live basically under ground to escape the radiation. But I just read this article that seems to say it's not as bad as I thought. http://www.space.com/18753-mars-radiation-manned-mission.html

Edited by wallarookiller