Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare photo of Hiroshima A-bomb split cloud

Still Waters

A rare photo showing the mushroom cloud from the Hiroshima atomic bombing in two distinct parts, one above the other, has been discovered in the city, a museum curator said Wednesday.

The black-and-white picture is believed to have been taken about half-an-hour after the bombing on Aug 6, 1945, around 10 kilometers east of the hypocentre.

The existence of this shot was always known in history books, but this is the first time that the actual print has been discovered,said a curator at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum.

http://www.japantoda...nd-in-hiroshima

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• PersonFromPorlock

• Rafterman

• Likely Guy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.....I wonder why it was at the elementary school ..but then again,the memory of all if it,permeates the city ,even now .

Wow.....I wonder why it was at the elementary school ..but then again,the memory of all if it,permeates the city ,even now .

There is a 'Peace Museum' in Honkawa Elementary School, which was the closest school to Ground Zero, so I assume it was found among their photographic files.

I watch a show on PBS about the race to build the biggest bomb. Everytime I watch something about A bomb I have nightmares. Had nightmares all though my childhood about it. I am starting to think in a past life I was there. We need to get rid of every last one in the world.

There is a 'Peace Museum' in Honkawa Elementary School, which was the closest school to Ground Zero, so I assume it was found among their photographic files.

The peace museum isn't part of a school .It's a completely separate thing .I'm pretty sure its build on groundzero .I've been to it,twice ,but its been a while. Let me see what's at ground zero .

The epicenter of the bomb was way above ,in the air .

It basically vaporized everything beneath .

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/top_e.html

Ok,you're right.

I got confused because I only know of THE peace museum .

It's a small peace museum ,inside the elementary school itself ,which the children prize .

Now I'm wondering how they didn't know they had this photo all this time .

Oyyy..

http://www.honkawa-e.edu.city.hiroshima.jp/

And they are both at the epicenter .More or less.

The museum grounds of the park ,are across from the school . So its slightly south ,but still the epicenter,more or less.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I watch a show on PBS about the race to build the biggest bomb. Everytime I watch something about A bomb I have nightmares. Had nightmares all though my childhood about it. I am starting to think in a past life I was there. We need to get rid of every last one in the world.

The problem is that once you uncork the genie, you can't get him back inside.

The Bomb scared kids but it scared leaders, too. We may owe the absence of any big wars in the last sixty years to that fact.

The nuclear-free first half of the Twentieth Century managed to kill maybe two hundred million people in its various wars, so be careful what you wish for.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

You want nightmares, do a search about "Tsar Bomba". I think that they cut the payload (above ground burst) to almost half, good thing they did!