Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stupid Things You've Done

Miss Shadows

about 6 years ago, b&e at the business my own father manages :no:

Let's see.

At 7, I tried to cut my own hair because I hated barbers, and ended up with a skullet, so I put my cap on so no one would notice, it worked for about 4 hours until I was caught.

At 11, I broke my nose, didn't tell anyone, and my nose isn't the same.

At 15, I just plain and simple, gave up on life, I was on autopilot, and wasted a few years, a whole 3 years later did I realize what I was doing and got my life kinda back on track, but I regret those 'lost years'

In other words, a short life life full of regrets. I don't appreciate/embrace things when I have them, and regret and long for the same things when I lose them.

Age and stupidity have no boundaries. Nor are they a barrier. Years ago, I took my fem cousin and her pretty friend on a gig. We took the Dale, lead singer's Jeep Cherokee 4WD, due to snow and ice. After the gig, we packed up and traveled 60 miles home at 30 mph. The heater went out. The girls and I fell asleep under a blanket. Dale missed our turn-off north, resulting in going west 30 miles before we all woke up to a loud bang beneath the vehicle.

The rear drive shaft u-joint snapped. He and I got out to repair it. He said we could take the u-joint from the front drive shaft and put it on the rear. Good idea?

3:30 a.m., cold, snow and ice, no close town, no traffic - sorta lost. Girls cold and mad.

Just as we got the bolts off the front drive shaft loosened (remember it's 4WD), it occured to me, "Dale? Can you drive this home on the front wheel drive?"

My cousin was mad for weeks. Her friend didn't even want to hear RUMORS about me!

Oh man, I've got tons of these.

• Flipped a bicycle into a barbwired fence at age 9.
  • Got my face split open by a piggy bank at age 4.
  • Peed on an electric fence once while working in a garden.
  • Got kicked by deer.
  • Got a bull to chase me. It got me.
  • Accidentally cut my hand open with a chainsaw.
  • Watched Toy Story 3 on acid in a public theater.
  • Got tackled in a walmart by security for running in wearing a Frank the Bunny suit.
  • Spent the night in jail for drunkenly running across the highway at the beach, chasing a cat.
  • Swung from a 9th floor balcony down to the one below it.
  • Tried to fight a 400 pound guy.
  • Me and my friends used to take turns getting in the huge plastic trash cans with wheels, outside of the high school, and would roll them down this huge hill near the football practice field.
  • We also did that using a rusty trash barrel.
  • Threw a beer bottle at a group of cops that barged into my friends property without a warrant.
  • A huge list of unnameable, regretted sexual decisions.
  • Jumped in a 40 degree F creek.
  • Set off a artillery shell firework thing in the middle of a Waffle House parking lot at 4 am in the middle of May. In the hood, at that.
  • I let my friend brand a Teutonic cross into my arm.
  • Allowed my large friend to attempt to do an ollie over me. Skateboard to rib cage.

Eh, I've got more but I'm busy,

• Like 3

Junior Leo, science nerd in college, was undertaking an experiment in class concerning electricity using a transformer and a multimeter. Part of the experiment was to note all the variables, including the amperage of the fuse (removable) in the transformer. Junior Leo duly removed said fuse (science partner had switched off power) and noted amperage. Junior Leo replaced fuse in socket, but dropped screw-on cap. Science partner switched power supply back on while junior Leo considered it expedient to hold fuse in socket with finger (socket was on side of transformer) as he reached for cap.

OUCH!

Another day in science class, and junior Leo was performing another experiment - this time producing hydrogen gas in a sealed beaker over a bunsen burner. Experiment was going very well - too well, in fact and too much hydrogen gas was being produced and the seal on the beaker wasn't strong enough to contain the pressure.

Junior Leo had hold of the neck of the beaker when hydrogen gas came into contact with flame from bunsen burner. Next thing junior Leo remembers is sitting under a desk a number of feet away while a class-mate held a paper towel to junior Leo's head where exploding glass had cut him. Teacher had been blown under another desk, while several class-mates had cuts, and were stunned from the explosion. Junior Leo was banned from science experiments for 3 weeks. :(

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

This one happened not too long ago, I was ironing a bit of cloth to sew and had to re-adjust the fabric. So I set the iron down in my lap, moved the fabric and picked it up to continue.

Burned a hole in my pants, but somehow, not me. I -should- have payed for that moment of stupid.

The most recent stupid thing I have done involves me not confronting a girlfriend that I had found out she cheated as I just thought I could just let it go as a mistake and move on from it. Never understand why I stayed with her so long as she just messed with my feelings and treated me like crap.

On a less depressing note I once dropped my phone in a cup of tea, which is why I now use a Galxay Note as it is too big to fit in anything but a soup cup.

One of too many.

During a bio lab test in college, our prof had stations set up around the lab tables for us to identify this and that.

Well, I came to one station that had a mirror duct taped to the table and it asked for classification Kingdom through species or some such, can't remember.

Anyway, I stared at that mirror for the longest time, completely stumped by the question. I couldn't see myself unless I leaned up and forward, but that's no excuse.

When the answer hit me I could not stop laughing at my own stupidity and the prof, who didn't like me anyway, asked if I should leave.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Just a few electrical outlet related mistakes.

I once put my thumb in front of the 2 metal prongs of the appliance I was trying to plug in in the dark to find the spot where they go into the wall. I was shocked to find the holes.

I once plugged in a torn cable into the wall to see what would happen. Okay, that one was actually kind of cool.

• Like 1

Oh man, I've got tons of these.

Eh, I've got more but I'm busy,

Dude, that's intense. No way I can compete with this. As long as you aren't deliberatly self destructive....

Another episode in the eventful life of Leo - again concerning electricity.

In my youth I worked in IT for a Facilities Management company. I was offsite at a client installing a new modem and cabling for their dialup (I said it was in my youth!) and all was going great. Finished everything, tested the modem, and looked to tidy up - including make the wiring neat. The modem had a very long power cable which I could have looped and tied, but I wanted to shorten the cable to make it look neat. So I got my wire cutters, grabbed the cable and snipped.

There was a huge bang, a very bright flash, and a few screams from the people in the client's offices. I had forgotten to unplug the cable and the power supply was still on. The wire cutters had a semi-circular hole melted into their cutting edge, but I was unharmed - but very shocked (as in surprised.)

On the plus side, I got quite a bit of sympathetic attention from some of the very attractive ladies in the office. :D

On the down side, most of that attention was because they assumed I was simple. :hmm:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

so i came across a dollar thought it was a sihn to a lucky day.......i put it in my pocket where i thought my other dollar was and bam all the sudden i see i found my own dollar that i must of droped ..,earler that day

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of finding myself, a career path, and a girl, I did drugs.

And a s**t job workin' the night shift.

I once welded two pieces of sheet metal together, took off my gloves, and picked it up to inspect it. Well, attempted to pick it up. :(

• Like 1

I once welded two pieces of sheet metal together, took off my gloves, and picked it up to inspect it. Well, attempted to pick it up. :(

This reminds me of the time when I put my hand on one of the cooker hobs to check if it was still on. It was turned off but hadn't cooled down enough and I burnt my hand. I still don't know what made me do such a stupid thing. Never again though!

• Like 1

In my youth (7-8 year old), I once licked a lamppost in the middle of the winter, even though I faqin knew very well what would happen. Some things you are just ought to be "punished" for.

dtgjgqir.jpg

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 1

I cut my left thumb with a razor once, but then I used to my right thumb to see if the razor was sharp enough to cut. needless to say, it was.

• Like 1

When I was a kid I once went sledding down a frozen waterfall of raw sewage.

I burst out laughing at this, seriously. :lol:

I‘m sitting in the park. A man who is about 20 meters from me asks me, yelling: H

eeey, do you have a light?

Now, I really don‘t like to yell, so I get up from the bench and I‘m walking quietly towards him. He‘s looking strangly at me.When I‘m almost right in front of him I pronounce the words: No, I don‘t.

And then I just walk back to the bench I was sittting on while that man was wondering what did just happened.

I sprayed myself with mace once. That sucked.

That made me cringe. Ouch.

• Like 1