Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New York State declares influenza emergency

Still Waters

The governor of New York State, Andrew Cuomo, has declared a public health emergency because of the severity of this year's influenza season.

The order makes vaccinations more accessible and allows pharmacists to administer vaccines to children.

Almost 20,000 cases of flu have been reported in New York state so far this season - more than four times the number of cases last winter.

The flu outbreak has reached epidemic proportions across the US.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-21002381

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AsteroidX

• Still Waters

• Rafterman

• and-then

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My nephew was diagnosed with type A influenza a few days ago. My niece, an R.N. tells me that this flavor of flu can be acquired even by those who have had the flu vaccine for this season. :no: I'm praying I don't get this mess! :cry:

stay indoors and wear a mask. you should be fine as long as no visitors come over.

My nephew was diagnosed with type A influenza a few days ago. My niece, an R.N. tells me that this flavor of flu can be acquired even by those who have had the flu vaccine for this season. :no: I'm praying I don't get this mess! :cry:

The vaccine isn't perfect, but it's a good preventative measure considering that upwards of 75% of those infected this year are reporting that they didn't get the vaccine.

Normal Influenzas are not the end of the world. Get sick, feel like crap and get over it. Its deadly Influenzas that the vacccine is needed for and those that are vulnerable. The elderly and immune compromised people.