Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demonic Horror!

ThePhantom

Hi everyone,

As a huge horror movie fan, I was blown away when I first saw Sinister in the cinema - I ended up seeing it three times on the big screen and have already pre-ordered it! :P - and it got me thinking of an interesting little thread idea.

The basic plot centers around a guy (Ethan Hawke) who moves into an old house with a dark secret. Before long he's in the grips of a demonic haunting and things quickly turn very scary! So I was wondering, does anyone know of any real-life demonic hauntings or stories of demons influencing murders? The obvious ones would be the Amityville Murders and Richard Ramirez but are there any others?

There's a great legend from a town near where I live about the Black Shuck - a demonic dog that, it is said, is the bringer of death to anyone that sees it. There's scratch marks from it's claws scorced onto the local church too from centuries ago! Fascinating!

So does any know of any other chilling demonic tales and legends that involve murder or hauntings like in Sinister?

[media=]

[/media]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReaperS_ParadoX

• ThePhantom

• skydivingstars

Top Posters In This Topic

Scary movie, and I thought the whole amityville thing was just to sell books. But I could and am most likely wrong about that. But no I dont know of any others, I know a lot of people dont even think demons exist, and Im not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've personally never heard any stories or legends. It honestly wouldn't surprise me though. I don't know what has to be running through a persons mind to be able to end another persons life but guaranteed it's evil so I wouldn't be surprised if demons or bad spirits were involved somehow.