Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WTC 911 EyeWitness~Hoboken

joc

How Building Implosions Work

The Bigger They Come, the Harder They Fall

The basic idea of explosive demolition is quite simple: If you remove the support structure of a building at a certain point, the section of the building above that point will fall down on the part of the building below that point. If this upper section is heavy enough, it will collide with the lower part with sufficient force to cause significant damage. The explosives are just the trigger for the demolition. It's gravity that brings the building down.

Demolition blasters load explosives on several different levels of the building so that the building structure falls down on itself at multiple points. When everything is planned and executed correctly, the total damage of the explosives and falling building material is sufficient to collapse the structure entirely, so cleanup crews are left with only a pile of rubble.

Demolishing steel columns is a bit more difficult, as the dense material is much stronger. For buildings with a steel support structure, blasters typically use the specialized explosive material cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine, called RDX for short. RDX-based explosive compounds expand at a very high rate of speed, up to 27,000 feet per second (8,230 meters per second). Instead of disintegrating the entire column, the concentrated, high-velocity pressure slices right through the steel, splitting it in half. Additionally, blasters may ignite dynamite on one side of the column to push it over in a particular direction.

http://science.howst...g-implosion.htm

I might add that thermite is not an explosive and bomb explosions did not occur during the collapse of the WTC buildings.

Edited by skyeagle409

....and don't forget - they get paid per post.

Who gets paid per post? People on this website? Geez, I wish I knew that. I'll have to go to the Administrator and tell them I need a pay rise :devil:
  • Like 4

No, I actually get that, and basically agree with what you're saying.

My point is that the "evidence of thermite" that people toss around is based on an "independent analysis" that did not actually test to see if the syubstance was actually thermite. Rather, they did some tests, got a "thermite-like reaction" and CT's around the world assumed this meant that it was thermite. Its been a while since I read the report so admittedly, I could be wrong, but to the best of my recollection the analysis didn't come the specific conclusion that the material actually WAS thermite, nor did they do comparison tests to see if what other materials could have similar reactions.

Then, to top it all off, they "vetted" their analysis with "peer review" from a pay-to-publish "journal" that has a known history of having a suspect and biased review process.

Even given all that, most CT's seem to be desperate enough to have their unfounded beliefs and opinions validated that they'll ignore all the shortcomings of this "independent analysis" and claim it as factual...

Yet if an "independent analysis" that supported the "official narrative" was released with the same or similar shortcomings, CT's would be all over it showing how its just more government propaganda and lies being spoon fed to the "sheeple"... the hypocrisy is thick enough to require a chainsaw to cut through...

Cz

What I find interesting and suspicious is that nowhere in any government report was the question of thermite or quasi-thermite even brought up. Never mentioned.

It was private citizens who discovered and analyzed the material.

Why did the government entities NOT examine for that? It suggests coverup, and all things considered, a coverup most certainly took place.

If the government reports and investigations were seeking the objective truth, then they would have conducted a thorough investigation, including NOT getting rid of so much forensic evidence so quickly.

• Like 1

If the government reports and investigations were seeking the objective truth, then they would have conducted a thorough investigation, including NOT getting rid of so much forensic evidence so quickly.

That is correct.

Whilst there was analysis and collection of steelwork from a pitifully small number of volunteer engineers after the clean-up operation had already began, the end result is the fear of Bill Manning, editor of Fire Engineering magazine come true: -

For more than three months, structural steel from the World Trade Center has been and

continues to be cut up and sold for scrap. Crucial evidence that could answer many

questions about high-rise building design practices and performance under fire

conditions is on the slow boat to China, perhaps never to be seen again in America until

you buy your next car.

Such destruction of evidence shows the astounding ignorance of government officials to

the value of a thorough, scientific investigation of the largest fire-induced collapse in

world history. I have combed through our national standard for fire investigation, NFPA

921, but nowhere in it does one find an exemption allowing the destruction of evidence

for buildings over 10 stories tall.

No. Fire Engineering has good reason to believe that the "official investigation" blessed

by FEMA and run by the American Society of Civil Engineers is a half-baked farce that

may already have been commandeered by political forces whose primary interests, to

put it mildly, lie far afield of full disclosure.

As things now stand and if they continue in such fashion, the investigation into the World

Trade Center fire and collapse will amount to paper- and computer-generated

hypotheticals.

And even whilst the volunteer engineer analysis and collection went on, there were notably cases, later described by FEMA, where steelwork marked for saving had been, “accidentally processed in salvage yard operations before they were removed from the yards for further study.” This so happened to include, “10 full-size pieces of exterior and interior columns” which could have been vital to the study and understanding of the collapses. What an unfortunate ‘accident’. Though the lack of investigation was clearly no accident, but a premeditated decision.

• Like 2

That is correct.

Whilst there was analysis and collection of steelwork from a pitifully small number of volunteer engineers after the clean-up operation had already began, the end result is the fear of Bill Manning, editor of Fire Engineering magazine come true: -

For more than three months, structural steel from the World Trade Center has been and

continues to be cut up and sold for scrap. Crucial evidence that could answer many

questions about high-rise building design practices and performance under fire

conditions is on the slow boat to China, perhaps never to be seen again in America until

you buy your next car.

Such destruction of evidence shows the astounding ignorance of government officials to

the value of a thorough, scientific investigation of the largest fire-induced collapse in

world history. I have combed through our national standard for fire investigation, NFPA

921, but nowhere in it does one find an exemption allowing the destruction of evidence

for buildings over 10 stories tall.

No. Fire Engineering has good reason to believe that the "official investigation" blessed

by FEMA and run by the American Society of Civil Engineers is a half-baked farce that

may already have been commandeered by political forces whose primary interests, to

put it mildly, lie far afield of full disclosure.

As things now stand and if they continue in such fashion, the investigation into the World

Trade Center fire and collapse will amount to paper- and computer-generated

hypotheticals.

And even whilst the volunteer engineer analysis and collection went on, there were notably cases, later described by FEMA, where steelwork marked for saving had been, “accidentally processed in salvage yard operations before they were removed from the yards for further study.” This so happened to include, “10 full-size pieces of exterior and interior columns” which could have been vital to the study and understanding of the collapses. What an unfortunate ‘accident’. Though the lack of investigation was clearly no accident, but a premeditated decision.

Consider that:

1. No thermite evidence found in the rubble of the WTC buildings

2. There was no evidence of thermite cuts on the structural columns of the WTC buildings, either in the rubble nor at the Fresh Kills landfill. I am very sure that steel shipped off to China did not exhibit evidence of thermite cutes.

3. Thermite alone could not have demolished the WTC buildings

4. Thermite is not widely used by the demolition industry

5. Thermite is not as effective as RDX, which is used by the demolition industry

In other words, thermite was not responsible for the collapse of the WTC buildings. As for the steel from the WTC buildings, you might want to read the sign of an attachment of a photo I took in Rio Vista where I examined a piece of steel from one of the WTC buildings. It says among other things:

* 350,000 tons of WTC steel has been requested

* USS New York used 7 tons in its construction

* Coatesville, PA received 500 tons of steel

If you are going to concoct a conspiracy theory, at least open the book and read the rest of the story before you post.

post-32948-0-98055400-1359660676_thumb.j

Edited by skyeagle409

You're right about that Q. And Bill Manning was courageous to editorialize about it when he did.

The coverup is worse than the crime, and more obvious too.

You're right about that Q. And Bill Manning was courageous to editorialize about it when he did.

The coverup is worse than the crime, and more obvious too.

Actually, you made that up because there is no evidence of a 911 government conspiracy.

Edited by skyeagle409

What I find interesting and suspicious is that nowhere in any government report was the question of thermite or quasi-thermite even brought up. Never mentioned.

That is because there was no thermite in the first place.

It was private citizens who discovered and analyzed the material.

Wrong! Richard Gage was caught lying in an interview about thermite and Steven Jones has since been discredited by demolition experts, architects, civil engineers and even by the folks at BYU, which explains why there was no evidence of thermite found in the rubble of the WTC buildings.

Since we know that in your opinion, the Government always lies, and the Official Investigation is a coverup, so any mention of Thermite would be discounted by you... unless of course it agreed with your predetermined conclusions and bias, that is...

So this complaint of yours is just another in a long continuing line of red herrings, and since you have proven yourself to be a liar, and since, according to you, "Once a liar, always a liar" this, as with pretty much everything you post, can be summarily disregarded.

Cz

It's not a red herring Cz, and we both know it. If it were, you would not be obliged to address it.

And you are unable to provide a plausible or persuasive answer to the criticism. WHY was the evidence whisked away to smelters around the world? Why not to domestic smelters? Why did the official explanation and investigation NOT analyze the dust? Why did it take concerned citizens to realize the dust might have provided important clues as to what happened?

The simple answer is that the actual perpetrators had their story before anything happened, and they had to make that story stick.

• Like 1

Consider that:

1. No thermite evidence found in the rubble of the WTC buildings

Because NIST did not test for the residue of these compounds in the steel.
2. There was no evidence of thermite cuts on the structural columns of the WTC buildings, either in the rubble nor at the Fresh Kills landfill. I am very sure that steel shipped off to China did not exhibit evidence of thermite cutes.
NIST did not test for the residue of these compounds in the steel including the steel shipped off to China.
3. Thermite alone could not have demolished the WTC buildings
Wrong! Its is more than capable of destroying large steel structures, as it was used to demolish and destroy one of the 600ft plus Skyride Towers back in 1935.
4. Thermite is not widely used by the demolition industry
Hmm...and neither is fire!
5. Thermite is not as effective as RDX , which is used by the demolition industry
Yet fire is more effective than Thermite or RDX or both apparently. :w00t:
In other words, thermite was not responsible for the collapse of the WTC buildings.
But fires, having been proven as more efficient and effective than either Thermite or RDX was responsible. Its so effective, that the demolition industry will be making the change from RDX and other such time wasting exercises and starting fires.
As for the steel from the WTC buildings, you might want to read the sign of an attachment of a photo I took in Rio Vista where I examined a piece of steel from one of the WTC buildings.
We know, it was fires! :yes:
It says among other things:

* 350,000 tons of WTC steel has been requested

* USS New York used 7 tons in its construction

* Coatesville, PA received 500 tons of steel

If you are going to concoct a conspiracy theory, at least open the book and read the rest of the story before you post.

I would also tell Q24 to stop concocting these conspiracy theories about the steel being shipped off.

And that Bill Manning, what a conspiraloon hey?? :w00t:

Edited by Stundie
  • Like 1

There was a valid reason why they did not check for thermite. For one thing, why check for something for which there was no evidence? No evidence found in the rubble, nor captured on video nor on audio, and no evidence noted at the Fresh Kills landfill. Another thing, thermite alone is not capable of bringing down the WTC buildings. Ever wondered why demolition crews pre-weaken buildings and use explosives in conjunction with RDX?

What it is, 911 conspiracist are not knowledgeable enough to understand that there was no way anyone would have used thermite over RDX and dynamite to bring down the WTC buildings and remember, thermite is not effective as RDX and dynamite nor is thermite widely used by demolition companies, and that is another prime hint.

Wrong! Its is more than capable of destroying large steel structures, as it was used to demolish and destroy one of the 600ft plus Skyride Towers back in 1935.

Thermite would not have been used to bring down the WTC buildings because it is not effective and furthermore, the Skyride Towers are not constructed in the same manner as the WTC buildings..BIG difference. :yes:

Hmm...and neither is fire!

On the contrary, fire collapsed the steel frame of a freeway overpass in Oakland, CA. and collapse the steel structure of the Windsor building in Spain, and fire collapsed multiple steel frame buildings in Thailand, so in that regards, it is YOU, who is incorrect/. :yes:

Yet fire is more effective than Thermite or RDX or both apparently. :w00t:

Themite is not a good substitute over RDX. In fact, thermite was unable to cut a vehicle in two during an experiment shown on TV, much less capable of bringing down buildings the size of the WTC Towers.

Its so effective, that the demolition industry will be making the change from RDX and other such time wasting exercises and starting fires.

Goes to show that you have absolutely no knowledge on the demolition process. :no:

I would also tell Q24 to stop concocting these conspiracy theories about the steel being shipped off.

That would be a very good idea, especially since no evidence of thermite was ever found as the WTC steel was loaded on barges and trucks. Ever wondered why demolition experts, architects and civil engineers have stated for the record that fire, not explosives, brought down the WTC buildings?

Edited by skyeagle409

It's not a red herring Cz, and we both know it. If it were, you would not be obliged to address it.

And you are unable to provide a plausible or persuasive answer to the criticism. WHY was the evidence whisked away to smelters around the world? Why not to domestic smelters? Why did the official explanation and investigation NOT analyze the dust? Why did it take concerned citizens to realize the dust might have provided important clues as to what happened?

The simple answer is that the actual perpetrators had their story before anything happened, and they had to make that story stick.

Thousands of tons of WTC steel stayed right here in the United States and some was shipped to our location here in California, where it was placed on display at the local airport in Rio Vista.. That is the location where I took that photo of the WTC information sign, which I placed as an attachment on a recent post.

It was during that time that we were flying children during our Young Eagles flight.

Edited by skyeagle409

Read the facts here.

NIST has stated that it found no corroborating evidence to suggest that explosives were used to bring down the buildings.

Which was clearly evident in the videos.

NIST did not conduct tests for explosives residue as noted above, such tests would not necessarily have been conclusive.

Especially, since ingredients of thermite were used in materials employed during the construction of the WTC buildings and it seems that 911 CT folks were unaware of that fact. Furthermore, there was no evidence of explosions in the videos nor on audio and seismic monitors did not detect bomb explosions. Add to the fact that clean-up crews did not find evidence of explosives in the rubble nor at the Fresh Kills landfill, so the question is: who made of the story of explosives in the absence of explosive evidence?

As I have mentioned in my earlier post, Richard Gage was caught lying about thermite and Steven Jones has now been discredited by experts as well, and they were used as references by the 911 conspiracy movement, which is another prime example as to why they cannot be taken seriously.

If there were large explosions, then they would be cause to look for explosives, but there were no explosions as the buildings collapsed silently in that respect. Why look for something for which there was no evidence in the first place? And remember, thermite is not an explosive.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

There was a valid reason why they did not check for thermite. For one thing, why check for something for which there was no evidence?
Yeah, why bother with checking? I mean checking is just a waste of time.
No evidence found in the rubble, nor captured on video nor on audio, and no evidence noted at the Fresh Kills landfill.
Well we all know that when you say there is no evidence, there is evidence, it's just that you can't accept the possibility
Another thing, thermite alone is not capable of bringing down the WTC buildings.
Its capable and has been used to bring down a steel structure and the WTC were a steel structure.

Its hilarious that you believe a chemical which is capable of cutting steel isn't capable of bring down the towers! Oh well!

Ever wondered why demolition crews pre-weaken buildings and use explosives in conjunction with RDX?
Ever wondered why they bothered with all that rigmarole and just set fire to it? Would have been quicker by your logic!
What it is, 911 conspiracist are not knowledgeable enough to understand that there was no way anyone would have used thermite over RDX and dynamite to bring down the WTC buildings and remember, thermite is not effective as RDX and dynamite nor is thermite widely used by demolition companies, and that is another prime hint.
But fire, we all know that fire is without a doubt the best way to bring down a steel structure!
Thermite would not have been used to bring down the WTC buildings because it is not effective and furthermore, the Skyride Towers are not constructed in the same manner as the WTC buildings..BIG difference. :yes:
Thermite is not effective, except it was effective in bringing down a 600ft steel structure. :blink:

And of course, the skyrider towers were not constructed the same as the WTC, I don't recall anyone saying that they were. But it was a steel structure like the WTC and a closer comparison to an overpass or a toy factory in Thailand.

On the contrary, fire collapsed the steel frame of a freeway overpass in Oakland, CA. and collapse the steel structure of the Windsor building in Spain, and fire collapsed multiple steel frame buildings in Thailand, so in that regards, it is YOU, who is incorrect/. :yes:
Silly me, fancy thinking that other high rise steel structures such as the One Meridian Plaza, First Interstate Bank, 1 New York Plaza, Caracas Tower or the Bejing Mandarin Hotel which all burned for much longer than the WTC are not as good as a comparitor than, an over pass, a 3rd world toy factory and a concrete and steel building which partially collapsed.
Themite is not a good substitute over RDX. In fact, thermite was unable to cut a vehicle in two during an experiment shown on TV, much less capable of bringing down buildings the size of the WTC Towers.
Fire is much better than RDX and Thermite and I think you'll find that Jon Cole built a device which cut a steel beam with very little thermite.
Goes to show that you have absolutely no knowledge on the demolition process. :no:
I do have no knowledge of the demolition industry, I would have used fire over explosives anyday.
That would be a very good idea, especially since no evidence of thermite was ever found as the WTC steel was loaded on barges and trucks.
Well it was never checked for was it, so we will never know.
Ever wondered why demolition experts, architects and civil engineers have stated for the record that fire, not explosives, brought down the WTC buildings?
You mean demolition experts like Brent Blanchard whose demolished a grand total of 0 buildings!
  • Like 2

Yeah, why bother with checking? I mean checking is just a waste of time.

Basically speaking, it is a waste of time for you to try to convince those of us who know better and because we know that thermite alone was not capable of bringing down the WTC buildings. So when it comes down to the old-fashioned basics of building demolition implosions, it's structural pre-weakening, RDX and dynamite over thermite.

Well we all know that when you say there is no evidence, there is evidence, it's just that you can't accept the possibility

On the contrary, there was no evidence to begin with and once again, Richard Gage was caught lying about thermite in his interview and Steven Jones has since been discredited by experts and even my his own colleages at BYU and they were used as references by the 911 conspiracy movement, so what does that tell you?

Its capable and has been used to bring down a steel structure and the WTC were a steel structure.

No, it could not, and once again, over a thousand pounds of thermite could not even cut a simply SUV in two, so what does that tell you?

And of course, the skyrider towers were not constructed the same as the WTC, ...

Well, what does that tell you? Why is thermite not mainly used by demolition companies today?

I don't recall anyone saying that they were. But it was a steel structure like the WTC and a closer comparison to an overpass or a toy factory in Thailand.

The fact of the matter is, fire weakened the steel structures to the point of failure, which is why they collapsed. When we want to fabricate complicated aircraft parts using 4130 steel, we simply throw the steel into an oven at a temperature noted in the WTC buildings, which softens the steel for fabrication purposes. While in such a condition,the steel is not suitable for structural purposes because it is too soft.

I do have no knowledge of the demolition industry, I would have used fire over explosives anyday.

You are forgetting the timing of explosives involving the implosion process, and it was a mistake for you to compare fire with explosives.

Well it was never checked for was it, so we will never know.

Common sense is all it takes. Since there were no explosions evident in the videos nor captured on audio nor detected by seismic monitors nor found in the rubble of the WTC buildings nor evident on the steel colomns at the Fresh Kills landfill, why waste time looking for something that is not there? Remember, time is money!

Edited by skyeagle409

Basically speaking, it is a waste of time for you to try to convince those of us who know better and because we know that thermite alone was not capable of bringing down the WTC buildings.
Sorry but the WTC was a steel structure and there is evidence that a steel structure ws brought down by thermite.

So for all your claims of knowing better, you don't know shhh........lol

So when it comes down to the old-fashioned basics of building demolition implosions, it's structural pre-weakening, RDX and dynamite over thermite.
There is no need for structural pre-weakening with fire is there??
On the contrary, there was no evidence to begin with and once again, Richard Gage was caught lying about thermite in his interview and Steven Jones has since been discredited by experts and even my his own colleages at BYU and they were used as references by the 911 conspiracy movement, so what does that tell you?
Oh but the eyewitness accounts disprove you and seeing as they were actually at GZ and not sitting in front of their computers, I'll take their words and accounts over an internet keyboard warrior who thinks he knows better than the people at GZ.
No, it could not, and once again, over a thousand pounds of thermite could not even cut a simply SUV in two, so what does that tell you?
Its tells me that the mythbusters guys are absolutely useless at using thermite effectively.

Especially when you consider that Jon Cole manage to cut a steem beam with a few lbs of thermite.

Mind you, I suppose if the mythbuster guys had used fire, that car would have been sliced down the middle like it had been cut by a light sabre hey?? lol

Well, what does that tell you? Why is thermite not mainly used by demolition companies today?
It tells me that the demolition industry are wasting there time with explosives when fire does the trick, apparently?? lol
The fact of the matter is, fire weakened the steel structures to the point of failure, which is why they collapsed.
If fire is so good at weakening building to the point of failure, then it makes you wonder why the demolition industry don't use it hey Skyeagle?
When we want to fabricate complicated aircraft parts using 4130 steel, we simply throw the steel into an oven at a temperature noted in the WTC buildings, which softens the steel for fabrication purposes. While in such a condition,the steel is not suitable for structural purposes because it is too soft.
And an oven filled with a thermite reaction going off wouldn't soften steel?? lol
You are forgetting the timing of explosives involving the implosion process, and it was a mistake for you to compare fire with explosives.
I'm not the one who thinks fire can and does a better job of demolition than explosives.
Common sense is all it takes.
The sense you have proposing isn't that common I'm afraid.
Since there were no explosions evident in the videos nor captured on audio nor detected by seismic monitors nor found in the rubble of the WTC buildings nor evident on the steel colomns at the Fresh Kills landfill, why waste time looking for something that is not there? Remember, time is money!
But there is plenty of evidence, closing your eyes and ears and going lalalalalalala!! Or thinking you know better than the people who where there at GZ doesn't cut it I'm afraid. Edited by Stundie
  • Like 3

Sorry but the WTC was a steel structure and there is evidence that a steel structure ws brought down by thermite.

There was no evidence and the two guys who claimed that thermite was found have now be discredited because no evidence of thermite was ever found. :no: That is why demolition experts, architects and civil engineers have determined that fire, not thermite, cause the collapse of the WTC buildings.

So for all your claims of knowing better, you don't know shhh........lol

On the contrary, you are the person who is claiming that thermite was used despite no evidence, not I Demolition experts, architects and civil engineers agree with me, not you because we are the experts, not you. :P

Oh but the eyewitness accounts disprove you and seeing as they were actually at GZ and not sitting in front of their computers, I'll take their words and accounts over an internet keyboard warrior who thinks he knows better than the people at GZ.

That's a laugh!! Those people later said the explosions they heard were attributed to falling elevators, not explosives and look what you posted!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially when you consider that Jon Cole manage to cut a steem beam with a few lbs of thermite.

Not the kind of steel beams that made up the structure of the WTC buildings. :no: BIG difference. :yes:

But there is plenty of evidence, closing your eyes and ears and going lalalalalalala!! Or thinking you know better than the people who where there at GZ doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

Let's take a look at some facts, shall we?!

In Steven Jones' PDF "Answers to Objections and Questions", to support his claim for Sol-gels/Thermite he states:

"One molecule, described by the EPA's Erik Swartz, was present at levels "that dwarfed all others": 1,3-diphenylpropane. "We've never observed it in any sampling we've ever done
,"
However when you look at the link he used, you will find that Mr. Jones
edits out the VERY next line which states:

"He said it was most likely produced by the plastic of tens of thousands of burning computers."
:w00t:

Let's take another look. 911 conspiracist claim this photo was evidence of thermite.

wtc_light.jpg

Fact of the matter is, the light was a reflection from a flashlight. Did you really think that anyone would be bending that close over molten steel?
:w00t:

Next, 911 conspiracist claimed these cuts were made by thermite.

anglecut2.jpg

cut3.jpg

Let's see who was really responsible for those cuts.

cut.jpg

Now, my challenge to you is for you to post your thermite evidence for
everyone to see
and let's see where your so-called evidence goes after I turn over your so-called evidence to
investigative news reporters, demolition experts, architects and civil engineers.

The ball in now in your court. :yes: Don't chicken out on me because I will make that an issue!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Edited by skyeagle409

Hey Stundie... Welcome back... :tu:

Question for you:

Do you live on a farm? Cuz you seem to really like building strawmen... ;)

Cz

• Like 2

It's odd that some think fire can cut through steel. Just sit and think about it for a moment. Surreal.

If fire was so useful to demolitions teams, they wouldn't use Thermite. They'd just walk in with flamethrowers and torch the place.

The reason they don't do that is probably because it doesn't work. The fire would take too long. You'd need something like Napalm or *drumrolls*... Thermite! *ba dum tish*

Edited by Insaniac
  • Like 1

It's strange that some think fire can cut through steel. Just sit and think about it for a moment. Surreal.

Fire weakens steel columns to the point they can no longer handle the loads for which they were designed. That was evident in the WTC videos and photos where the WTC buildings buckled moments before their collapse. That was an indication that fire was weakening the structure. If steel is not allowed to expand due to thermal heating, steel will buckle.

As mentioned in an earlier post, in order for us to fabricate complexed parts using 4130 steel, we simply throw the steel sheet into an oven in order to soften the steel at which point the steel is not suitable for structural purposes because of its weakness.

If fire was so useful to demolitions teams, they wouldn't use Thermite. They'd just walk in with flamethrowers and torch the place.

It doesn't work that way. The demolition process using explosives requires structural pre-weakening, precise placement and precise timing of the charges otherwise you are going to get this result.

The reason they don't do that is probably because it doesn't work. The fire would take too long. You'd need something like Napalm or *drumrolls*... Thermite! *ba dum tish*

Thermite is not widely used by demolition companies and remember, thermite is not an explosive nor is it as effective as RDX and dynamite. 911 conspiracist, it seems, are not knowledgeable enough to understand the true nature of thermite nor are they knowledgeable on the thermal expansion effects on steel if steel is not allowed to expand due to fire, hence a baseless conspiracy theory surrounding thermite is born.

Have you ever wondered why the SR-71 was designed the way it was? The aircraft was actually built to expand several inches due to thermal heating.

"Melted" Steel"

Claim: "We have been lied to," announces the Web site AttackOnAmerica.net. "The first lie was that the load of fuel from the aircraft was the cause of structural failure. No kerosene fire can burn hot enough to melt steel." The posting is entitled "Proof Of Controlled Demolition At The WTC."

FACT: Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F, not hot enough to melt steel (2750°F). However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength—and that required exposure to much less heat. "I have never seen melted steel in a building fire," says retired New York deputy fire chief Vincent Dunn, author of The Collapse Of Burning Buildings: A Guide To Fireground Safety. "But I've seen a lot of twisted, warped, bent and sagging steel. What happens is that the steel tries to expand at both ends, but when it can no longer expand, it sags and the surrounding concrete cracks."

"Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°F," notes senior engineer Farid Alfawak-hiri of the American Institute of Steel Construction. "And at 1800° it is probably at less than 10 percent." NIST also believes that a great deal of the spray-on fireproofing insulation was likely knocked off the steel beams that were in the path of the crashing jets, leaving the metal more vulnerable to the heat.

But jet fuel wasn't the only thing burning, notes Forman Williams, a professor of engineering at the University of California, San Diego, and one of seven structural engineers and fire experts that PM consulted. He says that while the jet fuel was the catalyst for the WTC fires, the resulting inferno was intensified by the combustible material inside the buildings, including rugs, curtains, furniture and paper. NIST reports that pockets of fire hit 1832°F.

"The jet fuel was the ignition source," Williams tells PM. "It burned for maybe 10 minutes, and [the towers] were still standing in 10 minutes. It was the rest of the stuff burning afterward that was responsible for the heat transfer that eventually brought them down."

Read more: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories - Debunking the Myths - World Trade Center - Popular Mechanics

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

[/color][/size]

Especially, since ingredients of thermite were used in materials employed during the construction of the WTC buildings and it seems that 911 CT folks were unaware of that fact. Furthermore, there was no evidence of explosions in the videos nor on audio and seismic monitors did not detect bomb explosions. Add to the fact that clean-up crews did not find evidence of explosives in the rubble nor at the Fresh Kills landfill, so the question is: who made of the story of explosives in the absence of explosive evidence?

If there were large explosions, then they would be cause to look for explosives, but there were no explosions as the buildings collapsed silently in that respect. Why look for something for which there was no evidence in the first place? And remember, thermite is not an explosive.

It's a little-known fact that the WTC had elevators which exploded upon impact! And that's what everybody heard on 9/11. They sound just like high explosives,

:tu:

So there's no need to look for explosives, because there's no evidence for it.

Of course, if NIST happened to trip over it by chance, they would know their employer is a mass murderer. They would expose these monsters instantly, despite the massive implications of doing so. Those NIST guys are a fearless bunch, yes indeed!!

• Like 1

There was no evidence and the two guys who claimed that thermite was found have now be discredited because no evidence of thermite was ever found. :no: That is why demolition experts, architects and civil engineers have determined that fire, not thermite, cause the collapse of the WTC buildings.
No they haven't and this is why there isn't a list of demolition experts, architects and engineers who support the official story.
On the contrary, you are the person who is claiming that thermite was used despite no evidence, not I Demolition experts, architects and civil engineers agree with me, not you because we are the experts, not you. :P
Experts like Brent who has demolished the grand total of 0 buildings or structures.
That's a laugh!! Those people later said the explosions they heard were attributed to falling elevators, not explosives and look what you posted!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
They most certainly didn't. There are plenty of testimonies of people at GZ who heard, felt and saw explosions that were not elevators falling, bodies hitting the ground or other debunking memes which are usually any old crap, but not explosions.

I'll take the word of those at GZ and not some random Internet debunker whoever deluded themselves there is no evidence.

Edited by Stundie
  • Like 1

Hey Stundie... Welcome back... :tu:

Question for you:

Do you live on a farm? Cuz you seem to really like building strawmen... ;)

Cz

Hi Czero. Thanks for the welcome. ;-)

No I don't. I was just wondering out of curiosity, do you write those awful jokes you get in christmas crackers? lol