Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkey Man

MissJatti

your take on the "Monkey Man of Delhi"? and what was it? what happened to it? where did it come from?

n May 2001, reports began to circulate in the Indian capital New Delhi of a strange monkey-like creature that was appearing at night and attacking people.[1] Eyewitness accounts were often inconsistent, but tended to describe the creature with covered in thick black hair, more vulpine snout, and being up to eight feet tall, and muscular; it would leap from building to building like a parcour enthusiast.

• On 13 May 2001, 15 people suffered injuries ranging from bruises to bites and scratches.
  • On 15 May 2001, a pregnant woman fell down some stairs fleeing after neighbors shouted that they had seen the Monkey Man.
  • A 4-foot-tall (1.2 m) wandering Hindu sadhu was beaten up by an angry mob who mistook him for the Monkey Man.
  • On 18 May 2001, a van driver was set upon and sustained multiple fractures in another case of mistaken identification as Monkey Man.
  • Further sightings were reported in Kanpur in February 2002 and New Delhi in July 2002, the latter describing a monkey-like being

Edited by KevinT

His biography

• Like 2

Sounds more like a practical joke to me:

Monkey_Man.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....ey-man_of_Delhi

Can't help it, but I had to laugh when I read this:

A 4-foot-tall (1.2 m) wandering Hindu sadhu was beaten up by an angry mob who mistook him for the Monkey Man.

■ On 18 May 2001, a van driver was set upon and sustained multiple fractures in another case of mistaken identification as Monkey Man.

That driver must have been butt-ugly, and a 4 feet tall sadhu??

"eight feet tall, and muscular; it would leap from building to building like a parcour enthusiast"

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

One witness was quoted as saying "I seen no sight of him, I only heard of him".

B)

Aye, aye, aye.

Edited by Urisk

your take on the "Monkey Man of Delhi"? and what was it? what happened to it? where did it come from?

n May 2001, reports began to circulate in the Indian capital New Delhi of a strange monkey-like creature that was appearing at night and attacking people.[1] Eyewitness accounts were often inconsistent, but tended to describe the creature with covered in thick black hair, more vulpine snout, and being up to eight feet tall, and muscular; it would leap from building to building like a parcour enthusiast.

• On 13 May 2001, 15 people suffered injuries ranging from bruises to bites and scratches.
  • On 15 May 2001, a pregnant woman fell down some stairs fleeing after neighbors shouted that they had seen the Monkey Man.
  • A 4-foot-tall (1.2 m) wandering Hindu sadhu was beaten up by an angry mob who mistook him for the Monkey Man.
  • On 18 May 2001, a van driver was set upon and sustained multiple fractures in another case of mistaken identification as Monkey Man.
  • Further sightings were reported in Kanpur in February 2002 and New Delhi in July 2002, the latter describing a monkey-like being

Thanks for the info. There's a famous tv series (monster quest?) with an episode where a South American local was attacked by a monkey-like ferocious beast. It's the same as in the film 'Wolfman'; when the beast is on top of you, you see the great width of it's chest and shoulders with the head face-on. This is very different from the view if you see one running at a distance, which looks at lot more dog/feline like.

Mass hysteria - see Jersey Devil, Spring Heeled Jack, Mothman, and about a thousand other such things over the centuries.

• Like 1

Didn't they find a 6ft tall monkey in Africa?

lol riyeh but isnt monkey magic your father haha.

but i have a friend who was holidaying in delhi at that time when this monkey man incident was happening... when he came back after his holiday it took him months to get over the whole thing.

I remember my friend saying to us all, that the whole suburb were he was staying, was all under panic, during these attacks. and no one would go outside, when the sun hits the horizon. everybody stopped sleeping on the roof tops and people would be absolutely silent to avoid, this so called monkey man thing.

We asked him, if he saw it.. he said he did not.. but he does say, that one night, he was outside with a few other men. it was almost pitch dark and all of a sudden they heard screaming, after a few seconds of getting the bearings to which way the screaming came from, they ran in the direction of the screams.. it took a few yards or so and saw a person laying on the floor with deep scratch marks on his arms, saying he was attacked by a strange creature.

I took this opportunity to show that monster quest video that skeptic chicken posted on this topic to my friend.. he was stuck to the tv screen watching the video from start to finish, after watching. all he said was "cheers for bringing that up"

Well my take on all this is, either a crazy mad man attacking people or a black bear. since black bear on 4 legs is roughly about 4 foot tall, but about double when its standing on 2 legs

The black bear isn't so much of a stretch in fact, the Asian black bear can be very aggressive toward humans, and has frequently attacked people without provocation. According to Rudyard Kipling they are rather weird looking.

Ursus+thibetanus+2.JPG

Edited by TheSearcher

• 5 weeks later...

Well singapore has a monkey man too. But i doubt that its real, and there's one thing i dun get it...!!! Singapore has no bears and macaques do not grow to taller than human. Here's a link of the vid for youtube (

)

The story goes like this, a maid went out to jog at around 6am and stumble upon the said creature. I went to the exact place and no trace of anything just mud and gravel. I guess its because of the frequent raining. By the way singapore is soo small but how didmit remain elusive. I wonder???