Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If They Want Us

CRYSiiSx2

Would they send starships? No. They would send disease. NASA wants to pull an asteroid into the Moon's orbit. What if someone wanted our planet? They would send disease and we would have no clue they knew about us. Pull a small asteroid filled with their disease into our orbit. Why does everyone think UFO's are real? Would any intelligent species really send anything besides remote robots even close to us?

Would they send starships? No. They would send disease. NASA wants to pull an asteroid into the Moon's orbit. What if someone wanted our planet? They would send disease and we would have no clue they knew about us. Pull a small asteroid filled with their disease into our orbit. Why does everyone think UFO's are real? Would any intelligent species really send anything besides remote robots even close to us?

Ufos are craft...with robots onboard....that works,right?

Who would They be? Why would they (or They) want us? why would they want to carry out such a cunning plan?

I do, though, agree on the whole with this

Would any intelligent species really send anything besides remote robots even close to us?

, that seems quite sensible. Although are you saying that they (or They) wouldn't want to come with a million miles of us? If so, why?

A lot of questions here, isn't there. :santa:

not robot humanoids. just the same thing were doing with "Curiosity".

Who would They be? Why would they (or They) want us? why would they want to carry out such a cunning plan?

I do, though, agree on the whole with this

, that seems quite sensible. Although are you saying that they (or They) wouldn't want to come with a million miles of us? If so, why?

A lot of questions here, isn't there. :santa:

we're dangerous. we kill ourselves with weapons that kill our planet. would you want to come here?

why go to all that trouble? That sounds like adding complexity for the sake of it. Why not just have robotic craft, able to think for themselves, rather than building a craft and then building robots to crew it?

we're dangerous. we kill ourselves with weapons that kill our planet. would you want to come here?

but surely it'd be thousands of years before we'd be able to present anything like a danger to anywhere else, certainly anywhere outside this Solar system.

Why do people always seem to assume that we're uniquely primitive and dangerous, and the rest of the Galactic civilisation all live in peace & harmony and all that kind of thing? Anyway, surely any technology theat's capable of bending time and relative dimensions in space and overcoming the hazards of Space travel be threatened by our Primitve weapons?

not robot humanoids. just the same thing were doing with "Curiosity".

exactly, so why cant UFOs, be craft of some kind??

do you not believe that some UFOs are a real unknown phenomena?

why go to all that trouble? That sounds like adding complexity for the sake of it. Why not just have robotic craft, able to think for themselves, rather than building a craft and then building robots to crew it?

ok doesnt need to be robots per se but any craft not containing aliens.

exactly, so why cant UFOs, be craft of some kind??

do you not believe that some UFOs are a real unknown phenomena?

ok doesnt need to be robots per se but any craft not containing aliens.

I think my UFO comment may have been unnecessary, but my point remains.

I think my UFO comment may have been unnecessary, but my point remains.

and to calrify the point being....that aliens would never visit they would just send robots (and/or robotic craft etc), yes?

i think they would stay clear of us as we are so violent.they could just wait for us to distroy ourselves.

but they would mean the destruction of a planet that is needed.

and to calrify the point being....that aliens would never visit they would just send robots (and/or robotic craft etc), yes?

maybe robots to our logic. yes. perhaps in the past they were here. but i dont think they would now.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2

maybe robots to our logic. yes

ok, thanks.....I guess it may well be impossible for us to differentiate between robot and alien :tu:

ok, thanks.....I guess it may well be impossible for us to differentiate between robot and alien :tu:

oh u mean like transformers...

oh u mean like transformers...

errr.....wasnt quite my line of thought but I guess they can be used as an example of the possible differentiating difficulty

errr.....wasnt quite my line of thought but I guess they can be used as an example of the possible differentiating difficulty

im just saying... have we once sent in people before a probe? never.

no, I am not disputing that and would think it logical.

However one possible aspect could be that todays UFOs are no longer just probes....the probes have been sent over thousands of years before.

Anyhow this is now really all just speculation which is not my favourite type of discussion, although I am sure 747 (Lord V) will come up with some good ideas...

If any intelligent species were to send anything close to us, they may have a difficult time, because our planet is surrounded by space 'debris'. Which would put me off in trying to either contact the planet, visit it or to probe it. I wouldn't want my nifty hi-tech probe to collide with that junk.

I do agree on if the unknown 'they' wanted our planet that they would send some type of infectious disease, but how would they be able to know what to infect us with that we haven't built up an immunity too already. So maybe the unknown 'they' are just as in the dark as we are. Us Humans already have a hard time trying to figure ourselves out, just imagine how difficult it would be for unknown others.

In which case, why bother? Just let us do the job ourselves.

However one possible aspect could be that todays UFOs are no longer just probes....the probes have been sent over thousands of years before.

Anyhow this is now really all just speculation which is not my favourite type of discussion, although I am sure 747 (Lord V) will come up with some good ideas...

I gotta ask then.. why post in the first place or ever acknowledge this post?

ok I originally posted to address 'why does everyone think UFOs are real?'

the last question 'would any intelligent ......' is speculation and can only be answered by further speculation, not my cup of tea but I certainly see value in tossing these ideas around...I am just not very good at it....

I gotta ask then.. why post in the first place or ever acknowledge this post?

why post in first place...explained above....

I would always try and acknowledge a post that has quoted me, just my manners I guess.

Some people (hello Psyche) feel that sending probes first would be rude, and might provoke an interstellar war, but it'd surely be much more discreet than sending a manned craft, wouldn't it. Some people say that it would be polite to send a message first, but that would depend, for a start, on knowing what their language was, and finding a medium that it could be sent on that they'd understand. So you'd need some preliminary reconnissance first, wouldn't you, so probes would very much be a sensible first move. Certainly, a probe from a civilisation that could, as I said, manipulate time and relative dimensions in space would surely almost certainly be intelligent in itself, I'd have thought; we can direct probes on Mars, but that'd be completely impractical at interstellar distances, so it'd be quite reasonable to expect the probs themselves to be what we'd think of as intelligent. So the Aliens might well be machines, although I don't expect they'd look much like C-3PO, although I like to think there might be some like R2D2, or perhaps K-9 off of Doctor Who.

I have always been of the opinion that we will get a phone call first, it seems a quick easy way to cross space and get much information.

If you wanted to "cleanse" a planet, communications, of a sort, might be the opportunity there too. A well aimed gamma ray burst would also quite effectively sterilise the planet. Leaving it barren for mining, or perhaps giving it some centuries to recover whilst new species amble across space to their new home.

Not that such a Gamma Ray Burst is readily achievable, generally a hyper giant star is required to explode. But hey, in a forum where FTL is bandied abut like it's just around the corner, that should not be too much of a problem for these super aliens.

Some people (hello Psyche) feel that sending probes first would be rude, and might provoke an interstellar war, but it'd surely be much more discreet than sending a manned craft, wouldn't it. Some people say that it would be polite to send a message first, but that would depend, for a start, on knowing what their language was, and finding a medium that it could be sent on that they'd understand. So you'd need some preliminary reconnissance first, wouldn't you, so probes would very much be a sensible first move. Certainly, a probe from a civilisation that could, as I said, manipulate time and relative dimensions in space would surely almost certainly be intelligent in itself, I'd have thought; we can direct probes on Mars, but that'd be completely impractical at interstellar distances, so it'd be quite reasonable to expect the probs themselves to be what we'd think of as intelligent. So the Aliens might well be machines, although I don't expect they'd look much like C-3PO, although I like to think there might be some like R2D2, or perhaps K-9 off of Doctor Who.

:st

I do not think initial communications would have to be a "Hello" but more of an attention getter, like the movies show, a set of prime numbers, something that is a sequence that is manipulated. I would suppose one would work from there. I think it would be an exciting and interesting time to learn and entirely new language, the likes of which we have never come close to hearing. Many heads would receive a vigorous scratching.

I am not quite as "both feet" as you guys that are chomping at the bit to set foot on an alien world, everything we have done so far has been slow and calculated, I think there is decades ahead of information gathering and much to be learned from observation and communication before presence is required. I think if we are going to do this, it should be one step at a time, ensuring the least possibility of failure. Comms is best bet to achieve this. Methodology and caution tends to favour success.

Edited by psyche101

There really isn't much that the Earth has that couldn't be obtained much easier elsewhere. Water, minerals,ores and even rare elements could be mined from asteroids or some such without bothering with the Earth, it's gravity, atmosphere or occupants. Some people say they (aliens) would need food but seriously, you're not going to get very far if you haven't already addressed that issue before you even left. A new home? If a species can travel hundreds or thousands of light years through space they could probably just build a home wherever they wanted. Other than that, I don't really buy the theory that man might be some sort of threat to be 'neutralized', it has too much of a bad sci-fi vibe to it.

• Like 1