Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kate Middleton is not a Princess!

Yamato

Why not? Because she doesn't have royal juice in her veins, that's why.

Yes, the queen made her a Duchess, but Kate Middleton is still not a member of nobility. She's not 'Lady Middleton', she's just Kate Middleton.

Her husband is Prince William, but Kate Middleton is no Princess.

The Yanks, reading their tabloid fairy tales about princesses, need to get it right.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/03/kate-middleton-expecting-first-child-in-hospital-for-pregnancy-related/

• Like 1

My question is, why would Americans even care?

Edit: Not about your thread Yamato, what I mean is why do we give a hoot about the 'royal family'?

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

That's just so much rubbish. There is no such thing as "nobility". It is an elitist notion. Kings became Kings by being a human being like you and me who conquered and held a nation, not by some "birth right". The children of Kings are dubbed Princes and Princesses. The wife of a King is a Queen despite not being of the same blood. The wife of a Prince is a Princess despite not being of the same blood.

• Like 2

That's just so much rubbish. There is no such thing as "nobility". It is an elitist notion. Kings became Kings by being a human being like you and me who conquered and held a nation, not by some "birth right". The children of Kings are dubbed Princes and Princesses. The wife of a King is a Queen despite not being of the same blood. The wife of a Prince is a Princess despite not being of the same blood.

But the arguement was you couldn't become a King without Gods express consent. Hence you were "appointed by God" otherwise you wouldn't be King.

I love the olden days where everything was attributed to God

But the arguement was you couldn't become a King without Gods express consent. Hence you were "appointed by God" otherwise you wouldn't be King.

I love the olden days where everything was attributed to God

So being a "blue blood" is via appointment by God by extension? They can hold that argument if they want because they conquered and everything is "God's Will" after all - at least in their minds. The argument falls back in their face when a commoner becomes a Prince of Princess by marriage though, because that too then becomes "God's Will".

Don't tell the Brits there's no such thing as nobility. All those salutations you're talking about are reserved solely for nobility, btw.

No, being married to a Prince does not make you a princess. That would be logically consistent and that's what I originally thought too, by mistake. Kate Middleton was given a title, Duchess of Cambridge, but she is no "Lady" because she is not of royal blood. I'm not the one who talks like this, confers these silly salutations like this. Lords and Ladies don't mean fiddlesticks to me. I think the idea of nobility is crass and stupid, but don't tell me rubbish that it doesn't exist. You might not agree with it; but denying reality if it doesn't fit your opinion doesn't seem very smart.

My question is, why would Americans even care?

Edit: Not about your thread Yamato, what I mean is why do we give a hoot about the 'royal family'?

Based on Nielsen ratings and tabloid sales, Americans do care very much. I think that Americans and non-Americans fantasize about privilege and romance; are easily charmed by beautiful people, and dream of the wonderful life that is Camelot. People are literally living out their own fantasies through William and Kate.

The article linked to in the OP also takes creative license to call this couple the "future King and Queen of England" too because it has no idea this will be the case. If William were to die before being crowned King, Kate will be no Queen (she relies utterly on his inheritance of the throne) and she will remain no Princess.

Don't tell the Brits there's no such thing as nobility. All those salutations you're talking about are reserved solely for nobility, btw.

No, being married to a Prince does not make you a princess. That would be logically consistent and that's what I originally thought too, by mistake. Kate Middleton was given a title, Duchess of Cambridge, but she is no "Lady" because she is not of royal blood. I'm not the one who talks like this, confers these silly salutations like this. Lords and Ladies don't mean fiddlesticks to me. I think the idea of nobility is crass and stupid, but don't tell me rubbish that it doesn't exist. You might not agree with it; but denying reality if it doesn't fit your opinion doesn't seem very smart.

I'm not denying any reality. Princess Mary of Denmark is a commoner who married a Prince and no elitist nonsense has gotten in the way of their people recognising her as a Princess. Princess Grace of Monaco was a commoner who married a Prince and was well loved in Monaco as a Princess. That fact that there is some elitist snobbery rearing it's head in English circles regarding Mary as some sort of usurper of the title is their opinion and I don't think THEIR opinion is very smart.

I'm not denying any reality. Princess Mary of Denmark is a commoner who married a Prince and no elitist nonsense has gotten in the way of their people recognising her as a Princess. Princess Grace of Monaco was a commoner who married a Prince and was well loved in Monaco as a Princess. That fact that there is some elitist snobbery rearing it's head in English circles regarding Mary as some sort of usurper of the title is their opinion and I don't think THEIR opinion is very smart.

"Rearing its head"? The "snobbery" isn't merely rearing its head, its been in full regalia in front of our faces for as long as anyone can remember! It isn't just that Kate Middleton isn't a Lady, she is the first commoner to marry into nobility in England this close to the throne in over 350 years. That is no accident, libstaK. The nearest comparison to a commoner marrying a future king would be Anne Hyde when she wed the Duke of York who was later crowned James II, King of England.

There are rules to all of this "nonsense" if you didn't know. And yes, bloodlines in England's case have everything to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobility

• Like 1

I just looked at my veins through my skin.

My blood appears blue, hence I am KING of the WORLD.

Submit to me, oh unworthy one's. :w00t:

Uh oh... I just accidentally cut myself and found-out my blood is red.

Dang! So sorry, please ignore my noble rant.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

"Rearing its head"? The "snobbery" isn't merely rearing its head, its been in full regalia in front of our faces for as long as anyone can remember! It isn't just that Kate Middleton isn't a Lady, she is the first commoner to marry into nobility in England this close to the throne in over 350 years. That is no accident, libstaK. The nearest comparison to a commoner marrying a future king would be Anne Hyde when she wed the Duke of York who was later crowned James II, King of England.

There are rules to all of this "nonsense" if you didn't know. And yes, bloodlines in England's case have everything to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobility

It's really rather tragic on their part to hold so tightly to rules they made up themselves, oh well.

• Like 1

*Opens another pack of popcorn and smiles*

• Like 6

*Opens another pack of popcorn and smiles*

:tu:

• Like 2

Who cares? Obviously you care or you wouldn't have started such an assinine thread.

• Like 2

I don't there is an effort to deny that the royal bloodline exists. Rather, I think there is denial that royal blood somehow makes one person more 'noble' than another. As it was stated in a previous post, the progenitors were just as human as the rest of us.

The article linked to in the OP also takes creative license to call this couple the "future King and Queen of England" too because it has no idea this will be the case. If William were to die before being crowned King, Kate will be no Queen (she relies utterly on his inheritance of the throne) and she will remain no Princess.

And that would not be any different if she was from a royal household. If William kicks the bucket the next in line is his brother, after that the Duke of York and all the way down to Zenouska Mowatt. After that the line would continue with the House of Harewood to end with the House of Hanover. By then we have a few hundred who would jump into the breach before they would even have to look for a successor. The King Ralph thingy only works in Hollywood.

Kate IS a Princess, make no mistake in Heraldic terms. She will probably become Queen at some time in the future, but do not confuse this with "Queen Regnent" (Queen in her own right as Blood - Queen"). She will become Queen Consort of William - telling you that she is a Queen behind her Husband ( William). If William "snuffs it" before her then she will become "Queen Mother" without any powers devolved to her in terms of Constitutional Matters.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer for you all.

• Like 4

And that would not be any different if she was from a royal household. If William kicks the bucket the next in line is his brother, after that the Duke of York and all the way down to Zenouska Mowatt. After that the line would continue with the House of Harewood to end with the House of Hanover. By then we have a few hundred who would jump into the breach before they would even have to look for a successor. The King Ralph thingy only works in Hollywood.

If William kicks the bucket in years to come and he has a child, they would be next in line, not Harry ..

Why not? Because she doesn't have royal juice in her veins, that's why.

Yes, the queen made her a Duchess, but Kate Middleton is still not a member of nobility. She's not 'Lady Middleton', she's just Kate Middleton.

Her husband is Prince William, but Kate Middleton is no Princess.

The Yanks, reading their tabloid fairy tales about princesses, need to get it right.

http://www.foxnews.c...gnancy-related/

The media frenzy around them is irritating.

Now dont get me wrong I'm pleased that two people have got married but do we really need -

1. To hear about them every 5 minutes.

2. To have them portrayed as something which they arent. Now dont get me wrong they arent exactly ugly but neither of them are good looking either.

3. Listen to the Royals commentors with their fake voices flapping abouut over them.

A lot of the time its like the media are trying to drive a cult of personality.

• Like 2

I don't there is an effort to deny that the royal bloodline exists. Rather, I think there is denial that royal blood somehow makes one person more 'noble' than another. As it was stated in a previous post, the progenitors were just as human as the rest of us.

People should be weighed on their merits not their bloodlines. When will the UK figure this out?

• Like 1

Kate IS a Princess, make no mistake in Heraldic terms. She will probably become Queen at some time in the future, but do not confuse this with "Queen Regnent" (Queen in her own right as Blood - Queen"). She will become Queen Consort of William - telling you that she is a Queen behind her Husband ( William). If William "snuffs it" before her then she will become "Queen Mother" without any powers devolved to her in terms of Constitutional Matters.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer for you all.

Those are just royal titles bestowed by the privileged family that reinforce this whole antiquated notion of bloodlines. That you're discussing them in so much detail at all trying to rationalize its usage says a lot. Her title is Duchess of Cambridge, not "Princess".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine,_Duchess_of_Cambridge

She will hopefully be bestowed the title of Princess when the Queen dies and she becomes the wife of the heir to the magic blood chair called the throne. Unless of course, the King doesn't want her to be. He's got the magic blood after all.

She's a "Duchess", she's no "Lady", and she's a hopeful Princess in waiting but no "Princess".

I know what you're thinking. If one's thinking is that "Well I don't believe in all that bloodline nonsense; however, she's married to the Prince so she's the Princess to me!" then actually, yeah, you have to believe in the bloodline nonsense to even be saying that at all. Marriage to the bloodline (e.g. the "Prince") is the point of all this silliness in the UK, it can't be denied away. How these titles of "Lord", "Lady", and "Princess" are dealt with exposes just how ridiculous the UK still is with their beloved monarchy.

Who cares? Obviously you care or you wouldn't have started such an assinine thread.

Yeah I think that our greatest ally in the world ought to catch up with the 21st century already and put the medieval times behind us.

People should be weighed on their merits not their bloodlines. When will the UK figure this out?

I dont agree with Monarchy or Democracy (shock horror!). One is inherited (not on merit as you say) and the other has people elected (based on their popularity not merit).

The country would be much better if we had our brightest minds running the show - i.e. let the economists run the economy, let the psychologists be the parents, etc

Edited by Mr Right Wing

It wouldn't be any different, and yet it should be a lot different, which is the whole point of this thread nearly everyone seems to be missing.

Harry would be next in line to the magic blood chair only if William dies AND William bore no child of the right gender.