Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kate Middleton is not a Princess!

Yamato

I find it hard to understand John Bishop ..I like him ok but sometimes it is hard to know what he is saying.. De doo dey dont de doe ? lol

I also struggle a little with the Geordies.. Poor Cheryl Cole...Rowing her way home from the US X Factor :P

How about understanding Rab -

[media=]

[/media]

I can actually follow what hes saying believe it or not lol.

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

How about understanding Rab -

[media=]

[/media]

I can actually follow what hes saying believe it or not lol.

I can understand many Scottish people, but not Rab C Nesbit ..good grief no lol.. I think I would have needed subtitles !!

I am a huge fan of Billy Connely ( who isn't ? ) because not only can I understand him, but he is funny...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting those example, I'm anxious to hear them later. If you find one, could you please post an example of what you referred to as the "royal" accent?

There is no right gender in Britain.

So you're revamping your prior claim that Harry is the heir to the throne if William dies?

It's not so much the nitty gritty of how the blood rules work, it's that they work at all.

My question is, why would Americans even care?

Edit: Not about your thread Yamato, what I mean is why do we give a hoot about the 'royal family'?

For the same reason people seem so infatuated with every detail about those Kardasian females... (not trying to imply that Kate Middleton is in ANY way to be considered to be like a Kardasian...)

So you're revamping your prior claim that Harry is the heir to the throne if William dies?

It's not so much the nitty gritty of how the blood rules work, it's that they work at all.

If Kate has a kid first, boy or girl then William will not be the next in line. In view that the kid is still in the works, he still is. And if instead of a William it would be a Williamette she would also be the next in line.

What's so buttered popcorn about this topic are the reactions of: "How dare I talk about this, while the Brits do it!". And that's a good enough reason to discuss this topic already. Seriously, I think we need to come to terms with this ancient societal bigotry and deal with it in a modern way. As if, they can have their pomp and privilege, and what would an American know of such things? Well around 230 years ago we blew it away. Now it's like we can't even talk about it! Unless we're kissing its butt and buying it off our shelves of course, well bugger that! This thread isn't buying anything and it's not going to hide either. See folks, things are different over here. We have this thing, it's called the 1st Amendment, and like the 2nd Amendment, it's still in force. It protects controversial speech and ideas, not the politically correct herd-like behavior that everyone can too readily accept i.e. buying magazines with pictures of Princess Diana off the shelf.

We pee on the wall to no end about American culture on this message board, let's wear the shoe on the other foot and act like we have some tolerance for taking what we put out. :)

Thanks for posting those example, I'm anxious to hear them later. If you find one, could you please post an example of what you referred to as the "royal" accent?

Fake Royal accents -

• Like 1

For the same reason people seem so infatuated with every detail about those Kardasian females... (not trying to imply that Kate Middleton is in ANY way to be considered to be like a Kardasian...)

No real talent? Lucked into becoming famous? The similarities are startling.

• Like 2

Accents? Well what do you know.

Mine sounds Mancunian with a dull monotone.

It's about as rough as the stubble on my chin.

You could say it's lack of elocution lessons that's made me this way.

Which could explain why posh people sound like they could cut glass.

Elocution lessons I believe are compulsory in the public school system.

If they didn't get this extra tuition they would sound like Dot Cotton.

I prefer a more natural accent because it gives you character and extra depth.

Edited by Medium Brown

If Kate has a kid first, boy or girl then William will not be the next in line. In view that the kid is still in the works, he still is. And if instead of a William it would be a Williamette she would also be the next in line.

Kate is possibly having twins, so they say!!!! And the Royal baby/babies are due in July!!!!! Whether the have only one baby or twins, the child or children will

be next in line, before Prince Harry!!!! IMO, I really don't think Harry cares much about whose next in line for the throne anyways!!!!

I vote for KATE UPTON as princess!

• Like 1

Actually, Diana was a commoner as well before she married Charles.

Kate Middleton is HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. She took her husband's royal title when she married him. Whether you like royalty or not is not the point of this thread. I think. ;) Diana and Fergie were stripped of the HRH after their divorces. By the Queen. She can do that. Wallis Simpson, wife of the Duke of Windsor, once the King of Great Britain, was an HRH but the palace refused her the title. Princess Anne refused the HRH for her 2 children.

HRH is automatically conferred upon marriage but the Queen has the prerogative to withdraw it or with hold it. Camilla Parker Bowles is HRH the Duchess of Cornwall. The Duke of Cornwall is one of Charles' minor titles. Forget Kate Middleton for the moment. The next Queen Consort of GB will be Diana's greatest enemy.

The problem is that through time the British Royalty has more mixed blood than I have, not that I'm against Royalty,as some of them do a good job,but thats what it is,a job.and any old codger can become a Knight,Win a gold medal or two at the Olympics and hey presto you are a Knight, and therefor are addressed as Sir,which to me is a load of old socks.Ah well I'll just be a Commoner a plain Mr with British blood,with no foreign stuff mixed in.

• Like 1

Why not? Because she doesn't have royal juice in her veins, that's why.

Yes, the queen made her a Duchess, but Kate Middleton is still not a member of nobility. She's not 'Lady Middleton', she's just Kate Middleton.

Her husband is Prince William, but Kate Middleton is no Princess.

The Yanks, reading their tabloid fairy tales about princesses, need to get it right.

http://www.foxnews.c...gnancy-related/

They should use the correct official title. I hate when in the news they refer for example to "Ex-President Clinton". It's not correct, President's an official title you have for life. They only add the term "Ex" for the benefit of people who don't realize that he's not president anymore. If you don't know he's not president anymore, then you're probably not keeping up with the news anyway, so why bother?

The problem is that through time the British Royalty has more mixed blood than I have, not that I'm against Royalty,as some of them do a good job,but thats what it is,a job.and any old codger can become a Knight,Win a gold medal or two at the Olympics and hey presto you are a Knight, and therefor are addressed as Sir,which to me is a load of old socks.

Kind of like the Nobel Prize ...

These are the people that are keen to see Royalty continue.

In a Republic they would lose all their power and status.Top civil servants,politicians, and the like just love the system as it is with their knighthoods and meaningless honours.

The so called upper classes which includes media bosses will promote royalty in any way they can to retain their privileged lifestyle.

There are a few million amongst the peasants that are flag waving royalists...but ask any group of working people in the pub what they think of royalty and you will come across total indifference.The women would appear to be more interested in the clothes they wear than anything else.

ascot11_zps7fae7de5.jpg

Edited by zebra99

In a Republic they would lose all their power and status.Top civil servants,politicians, and the like just love the system as it is with their knighthoods and meaningless honours.

The so called upper classes which includes media bosses will promote royalty in any way they can to retain their privileged lifestyle.

There are a few million amongst the peasants that are flag waving royalists...but ask any group of working people in the pub what they think of royalty and you will come across total indifference.The women would appear to be more interested in the clothes they wear than anything else.

ascot11_zps7fae7de5.jpg

Oh my, there is something about all them hats together with the british stiff upper lip expression they are mostly wearing that really does seem ridiculous lol.

• Like 1

Oh my, there is something about all them hats together with the british stiff upper lip expression they are mostly wearing that really does seem ridiculous lol.

One must keep a stiff upper lip to make a good impression you know.. It's jolly good fun lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

One must keep a stiff upper lip to make a good impression you know.. It's jolly good fun lol

Exactly the idea in my mind when I see that pic, it's so so, well - is pompous too strong a word? :P

ascot11_zps7fae7de5.jpg

I wouldn't be seen dead in top hat and tails...

Not even if it's required of me in a job interview.

But it's their lookout if they want to keep looking like penguins.

Edited by Medium Brown

Kate is possibly having twins, so they say!!!! And the Royal baby/babies are due in July!!!!! Whether the have only one baby or twins, the child or children will

be next in line, before Prince Harry!!!! IMO, I really don't think Harry cares much about whose next in line for the throne anyways!!!!

I personally do not think William and Harry have the same Father.

• Like 1

Why not? Because she doesn't have royal juice in her veins, that's why.

Yes, the queen made her a Duchess, but Kate Middleton is still not a member of nobility. She's not 'Lady Middleton', she's just Kate Middleton.

Her husband is Prince William, but Kate Middleton is no Princess.

The Yanks, reading their tabloid fairy tales about princesses, need to get it right.

http://www.foxnews.c...gnancy-related/

We yanks got it right and gave the crown their proper respect and they graciously accepted at Yorktown. :gun:

Edited by BuzzLightYear

Why can't the English learn to speak?

We yanks got it right and gave the crown their proper respect and they graciously accepted at Yorktown. :gun:

We taught the privilege class of "Sirs" and "Ladies" and "Lords" a permanent lesson in humility. Of course they were all sipping tea and eating pudding and reading their newspapers exclaiming "Oh dear!" The British citizens worth their lives were getting killed over here trying to impose themselves on us per their glorious highness's will.

That reminds me, we should have resurrected our Revolutionary War names for our capital ships. The USS Yorktown or Lexington or Saratoga would have sounded so much better than the USS George H.W. Bush.

Hard to believe this pomp and privilege still lives in this day and age. The main reason Kate is so popular in the world is because she's beautiful. Let's just be frank about that. What's more popular than what's cute, pretty and gorgeous? The words "Justin Bieber" have infested the comments section of virtually every song by any band on the internet. That kid can't even sing worth a spit. I was a little disappointed to find a poster of Justin on the wall in my niece's room when she assured me more than once she didn't like him. Now I know what emotional response this comment is going to evoke and I'll answer the question ahead of time. What's wrong with it, is that it's shallow. If you like someone or something merely for the way they look, that's the shallowest form of like there is. Nobody even cares that Charles is actually in love with Camilla. She's the villain because that's how she's painted up to be. Whatever. The world would be better off without these people in it, so our people would have something important to spend their time gawking at.

Merit is what matters. What blood you are should be completely eliminated as a consideration towards how we treat people. That's the reason this thread exists. That's the point I came here to make, especially in light of how great all these anti-Americans on the US board make the UK out to be. I'll repeat the point of this discussion again so everyone is loud and clear: What blood you are should be completely eliminated from all consideration towards how we treat people. Any questions? The monarchy should be laid to rest in the history books where it belongs. It should "vanish from the pages of time", if you will. Why don't ya try that one on, Queen?

Edited by Yamato

I personally do not think William and Harry have the same Father.

I pointed that out a few months back and got grief.

James Hewitt looks like Harry.

• Like 1