Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kate Middleton is not a Princess!

Yamato

People are people regardless of titles attached to their name. Each and every member of nobility has ancestors who were, at some point in the past, a "commoner". Being born of parents who are kings or queens doesn't make one any better or worse than anyone other.

Exactly the idea in my mind when I see that pic, it's so so, well - is pompous too strong a word? :P

Hi Libstak, To me this picture looks like a day out at the races, for the "gentry", ie:- people with more money than sense. Non of them are even smiling, pehaps that is through having to pay a very large entrance fee, and eating lemons. ha ha,whilst waiting for hours to see what the Queen is wearing that day.These people are living in their own little dream world to which us serfs are not invited,which makes me happy because I wouldnt be seen dead or alive in one of those stupid looking top hats.
  • Like 2

People are people regardless of titles attached to their name. Each and every member of nobility has ancestors who were, at some point in the past, a "commoner". Being born of parents who are kings or queens doesn't make one any better or worse than anyone other.

And so the language needs to be rendered obsolete. The mere use of the word "commoner" begs distinction with someone else who isn't a "commoner".

"Serfs" can attend as well... look at most of them and they are all "Serfs" :w00t:

I agree that all of this attention is just nonsense, but that is all it is... the media get all excited and show us these pictures because nothing else has happened in the day, bit like the kentucky Derby.

i am fairly sure that most of the UK is, like me, of Republican stance(NO, I cant prove it), couldn't give 2 hoots for the Monarchy, but as long as they have a Tourist Dividend to bring in then let them get on with it.

That being said here is the Legal Definition of Commoner: from dear old Wiki:

In British law, a commoner is someone who is neither the Sovereign nor a peer. Therefore, any member of the Royal Family who is not a peer, such as Prince Harry of Wales or Anne, Princess Royal, is (technically) a commoner, as is any member of a peer's family, including someone who holds only a courtesy title, such as the Earl of Arundel and Surrey (eldest son of the Duke of Norfolk) or Lady Victoria Hervey (a daughter of the 6th Marquess of BristolActually

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

Hi Libstak, To me this picture looks like a day out at the races, for the "gentry", ie:- people with more money than sense. Non of them are even smiling, pehaps that is through having to pay a very large entrance fee, and eating lemons. ha ha,whilst waiting for hours to see what the Queen is wearing that day.These people are living in their own little dream world to which us serfs are not invited,which makes me happy because I wouldnt be seen dead or alive in one of those stupid looking top hats.

Scathing and almost true if it wasn't for Dandy Nicholls,the Irish and the Aussies.

The Aussies always end up sending one of their crack sprinters to challenge Dandy Nicholls in the Golden Jubilee Stakes.

While the Irish are either part of Aidan O Briens entourage or just there for moral support.

None of them sound like they ever sucked a lemon or stuck a peg up their nose in their life's.

I think if they would they would have their own enclosure to separate them from the toffs and hoorah henry's.

Then it's the other hanger- on's from shows like The Only Way Is Essex who treat Royal Ascot like a premiere.

What about the best dressed woman contest to see who the most orange lady is.

And don't forget the stupid looking outfits,bonnets and top hats.

Honestly..I prefer Doncaster instead where I can wear my scruffs because a race meeting to me isn't a black tie event.

Edited by Medium Brown

"Serfs" can attend as well... look at most of them and they are all "Serfs" :w00t:

I agree that all of this attention is just nonsense, but that is all it is... the media get all excited and show us these pictures because nothing else has happened in the day, bit like the kentucky Derby.

i am fairly sure that most of the UK is, like me, of Republican stance(NO, I cant prove it), couldn't give 2 hoots for the Monarchy, but as long as they have a Tourist Dividend to bring in then let them get on with it.

That being said here is the Legal Definition of Commoner: from dear old Wiki:

In British law, a commoner is someone who is neither the Sovereign nor a peer. Therefore, any member of the Royal Family who is not a peer, such as Prince Harry of Wales or Anne, Princess Royal, is (technically) a commoner, as is any member of a peer's family, including someone who holds only a courtesy title, such as the Earl of Arundel and Surrey (eldest son of the Duke of Norfolk) or Lady Victoria Hervey (a daughter of the 6th Marquess of BristolActually

Americans use class as a wedge issue politically, over there you've got it codified into your law.

I must repent for this stink bomb of a discussion I threw into the gentleman's club here, however the discussion it generated has been interesting. So let me just say in my passing: God save the Queen!

Photo01bbNelsonMQ.jpg

276050-union-jack-flag-in-the-breeze.jpg

Send Her Victorious, Happy and Glorious!

Long to reign over us.

I must repent for this stink bomb of a discussion I threw into the gentleman's club here, however the discussion it generated has been interesting. So let me just say in my passing: God save the Queen!

Photo01bbNelsonMQ.jpg

276050-union-jack-flag-in-the-breeze.jpg

Send Her Victorious, Happy and Glorious!

Long to reign over us.

I like the flag but what happens if bonney Scotland goes independant.

I like the flag but what happens if bonney Scotland goes independant.

Then I retract my support and join William Wallace's modern protege.

Why not? Because she doesn't have royal juice in her veins, that's why.

Yes, the queen made her a Duchess, but Kate Middleton is still not a member of nobility. She's not 'Lady Middleton', she's just Kate Middleton.

Her husband is Prince William, but Kate Middleton is no Princess.

The Yanks, reading their tabloid fairy tales about princesses, need to get it right.

http://www.foxnews.c...gnancy-related/

Fox News? Really? You think Fox News knows what they are talking about when it comes to countries outside of Texas or Alabama when they can't even get **** right in their own country? How pathetic, even for you.

Also, she is considered part of the Royal Family by marriage and as such, is given the same treatment as other members who were born into it.

Same as any other Royal Family the world over.

Then I retract my support and join William Wallace's modern protege.

Do you mean Wallace the murderer, terrorist and outlaw mercenary, or Mel Gibson's, anti-English blue-faced comic-book 'hero'?

umm. Fox News is sooooooo legitimate. I mean cmon CNBC. Now they got there stuff way backwards. Or was it the other way around. These media outlet channels have me so confused I had to turn off my subscription. Cant trust a one of em.

My question is, why would Americans even care?

They DO care. Americans are absolutely fascinated by the British Royal Family.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

It has also emerged that should the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's baby be a girl she will become a princess:

With a long-awaited royal baby due in late spring or early summer, the monarch has issued what is known as a Letters Patent to announce that the couple's baby would become an HRH – His or Her Royal Highness – even if she is a girl.

In doing so, she rectified a century-old anomaly that meant a royal daughter would not automatically become a princess.

A decree made by George V in 1917 stipulated that while a son would become a prince, a daughter would not become a princess.

The king had ordered that the titles HRH and prince and princess should be restricted to the children of the sovereign, the children of the sovereign's sons, and the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales.

That means that Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie automatically had the title of princess at birth as Prince Andrew's daughters, but Zara Phillips did not – although her mother, Princess Anne, had already rejected titles for her children.

Prince Edward's son and daughter were similarly entitled but he and his wife Sophie chose for them to be styled as the children of an earl in order to give them a more 'normal' childhood.

They are now known as Lady Louise Windsor (9th in line to the throne) and James, Viscount Severn (8th in line to the throne). Royal sources said the Queen felt it was time such a long-standing imbalance was formally rectified.

The Queen's proclamation was issued through the House of Lords on December 31.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2IXAaMfh7

The child is due in July but it's not yet known whether it's going to be a boy or a girl. It was speculated that Catherine was expecting twins, but she isn't.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

'Her Majesty' 'Her Royal Highness' always amuses me,sounds like a corny film script from the forties about some far off Kingdom...'Oh Peacock of the Universe' 'Oh Father of a Thousand Children' or the Zulu King Shaka...'Oh Great Elephant' do they really need to be addressed with fancy titles to make themselves feel important?

Mind you the appendage 'Honourable' for British MPs has got to be the laugh of the century, after the recent expenses fiasco has found most of them to be no better than common thieves and fraudsters.

Edited by zebra99

Kate and William are a breath of fresh air for the Royal Family. I love our tradition, pomp and ceremony, "long live the Queen" lol! ... :P

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 1

Do you mean Wallace the murderer, terrorist and outlaw mercenary, or Mel Gibson's, anti-English blue-faced comic-book 'hero'?

Yes, or yes.

umm. Fox News is sooooooo legitimate. I mean cmon CNBC. Now they got there stuff way backwards. Or was it the other way around. These media outlet channels have me so confused I had to turn off my subscription. Cant trust a one of em.

Absolutely. The whole US media is a circus. Fox News is shamelessly partisan republican while MSNBC is shamelessly partisan democratic. The rest pander to the special interests from less glaringly obvious partisan positions. Unfortunately until we have teleporters and can personally visit countries in a timely fashion so we can see what's going on for ourselves, we have to rely on crap journalism in our modern media outlets for information on current events.

Not 'do', my question is 'why'.

Because they're jealous of the pomp and ceremony and the ancientness of Britain's royalty and wish they had a royal family of their own.

• Like 2

Because they're jealous of the pomp and ceremony and the ancientness of Britain's royalty and wish they had a royal family of their own.

Sounds like the proper English answer.

I repeat the same question I ask every year...........

Where's my b****y Knighthood?????

• Like 3

I repeat the same question I ask every year...........

Where's my b****y Knighthood?????

Hi me old mate, I fell about when I read the above, I guess the only Knighthood we are both going to get is , Wear an Anorak with a Hood in the Dark. We have as much chance as walking on water, they only dish them out to Cyclists and Rowers these days,Cheers S.T.M.

• Like 2

I have good news for everyone who thinks (for some reason) that this is a poor topic. When the Queen dies, Kate Middleton will be a Princess! Hip hip hooray! Though we might have to wait awhile. The Queen isn't going to get put on the death pathway.

It has been long indeed, dear Britons. How long has it been since the coronation carriage has been lubed and oiled and wheeled out of its climate controlled storeroom for this monumental occasion? How long does a Prince and his 2nd wife have to wait? Will the sold-out tabloid conspiracies to murder Princess Diana ever be solved? Will Charles ever be King? Will the Queen be put on every life support known to man to keep her condition stabilized in a permanent state of semi-lifelessness as the ultimate snub upon His Majesty?

This next video is what I call justice. Justice upon this antiquated society of the privileged class and their commoners beneath them:

http://youtu.be/-Cp5IVm6pZI