Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

R.I.P. MID

Waspie_Dwarf

They say that the greatest thing a person can leave behind.. is a legacy of memories.. some of these for people will fade as the person is forgotten in time.. most of us will be lucky to be remembered as stories to our great grand children..

Then there are others.. others who do things.. who play a part in great inspirations.. Mid was fortunate enough to play one of those parts.. While we were watching the TV.. seeing the pictures of ground control during one of the greatest events of mankind.. He was there.. he was living it.. and a part of it..

The one thing that I admired the most about Mid.. is he was willing to share his knowledge.. he did not care who you were.. what you believed.. he would still share it ..

Mid has left behind a great legacy.. his name will forever be on the rolls of NASA and space exploration.. our childrens children will be able to read of mans first steps into space and see his name.. along with the others who got us there.. the men behind the scene..

But he has also left a legacy of wisdom.. right here.. in this forum.. though the internet will evolve.. this wisdom.. will still be able to be found..

I would have liked to have met Mid.. those who knew him in life.. I do envy you of that..

• Like 5

But he has also left a legacy of wisdom.. right here.. in this forum.. though the internet will evolve.. this wisdom.. will still be able to be found..

I think this is great too, that like Plato and Socrates, these discussions will last beyond most of us, backed up on a server somewhere for eternity. In a way that makes all of us that post here immortal..... Even if only as wise, but Anonymus voices in the Dark.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What i liked about him was he had the time and the passion to help others who simply asked.

Looks to night sky and smiles mate.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see you Looking down at us Still today,We are but changed by knowing your with the stars Mid . We all Loved your every post and word. Most of us will have that part of you with us until we are Start Stuff too!

Wink ! :yes:

• Like 1

though he was from HP and i was considered by him HB but the time he gave me on his posts...i miss you mid and i am shockd to knowing it yesterday that you are not with us .. RIP mid !

Damn...Goddamn...

Mid...we talked so much together. I left for a year, and now I come back and you're dead?

Damn it man, I'm sitting in my room, ten till midnight, crying and holding up a beer for you.

I hope you finally got to see what you always wanted to. Crotchety old man.

Love you. Rest in Peace.

• Like 9

Damn...Goddamn...

Mid...we talked so much together. I left for a year, and now I come back and you're dead?

Damn it man, I'm sitting in my room, ten till midnight, crying and holding up a beer for you.

I hope you finally got to see what you always wanted to. Crotchety old man.

Love you. Rest in Peace.

It was indeed a sad year.

Cheers,

Badeskov

This place used to be my home. I had alot of emotional pain due to a divorce in progress, so rarely come here anymore. I am heart broken by reading this. I will say that I do now believe in a higher power, and I believe MID lives on elsewhere as well as in our hearts. RIP my friend. Boo ya...... :(

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I'm missing you today my friend.

All those times we discussed how disappointed I was that the UK took so little interest in manned spaceflight. All those times you shared my disappointment whilst feeling pride in your own nation's great achievements.

Well today the UK finally heard that one of their own was to visit the ISS and you aren't their to share in my moment of excitement and pride.

• Like 8

Just this past weekend I was watching a program on the History Channel that dealt with manned space flight. I had a fleeting question followed by, "Gee I'm going to have to ask MID about that" ...then I remembered. :cry:

• Like 6

Just this past weekend I was watching a program on the History Channel that dealt with manned space flight. I had a fleeting question followed by, "Gee I'm going to have to ask MID about that" ...then I remembered. :cry:

I, too, have had a couple of those moments....:(

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Just found this...Mid was a good man, and will be missed greatly. Long overdue condolences to family and friends.

It was an honor to share time with him.

Our greatest generation is fading, and the low- information generation is crowding in.

• Like 2

Well damn. Just recently got back on UM, and find I've lost yet another friend.

Until next time, MID.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I am very late here but still feel compelled to pay my respects. I chatted with MID many times and was always impressed by his kindness and and willingness to share his knowledge. He truly loved his work and it showed every time he talked about it. I never met him or even knew his real name, but I felt connected to him just the same. It is hard to explain hurting over the loss of someone I did not know but that is precisely where I am. It is clear from reading the other posts that he touched the lives of a lot of people. He must have been an amazing person to know. I am better for having know him even just the little I did, and will always be grateful for his kindness.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Still thinking of you MID. I miss reading your words.

We lost one of the greats of all time here on UM,

I know you're smiling down on all us here from the clouds above... I can just picture you now flying around up there and loving it!

You are gone but not forgotten my friend. I will never stop sending you hearts.

♥ ♥ ♥

• Like 3

Yes indeed, some people are just unique and memorable. I hope to meet MID when I take the journey to the undiscovered country.

• Like 6

Why does that user name sound so familiar to me all of a sudden?

i dunno...

Either way, the loss of a fellow UMer is never a good thing.

:(

MID was a very active member here on UM for many, many years. Amazingly smart and a perfect gentleman.

Maybe you're used to seeing his name quoted in Lilly's sig line above? It says:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~
  • Like 2