Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you openly share all your experiences?

SpiritWriter

Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others?

Are you afraid of the reactions you may receive?

Have you told one or two but kept the rest quiet because of negative feedback?

Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so?

Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums?

Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention?

I guess im asking for you to share why you have decided to share or not to share and how much your holding back....

For me I have shared a few things. I mostly share the same thing over and over again when hauntings come up... these seem to be so similar in description that I cant help but say... hey that happened to me too!

I just tried to answer my own questions but found it very difficult! Lets see if anyone is braver than I am....

• Like 4

What kind of "experiences" you talking about here?

I couldnt keep up with all the topics "I" would like to start. Theres enough good ones for me to work off generally. If not Ill go have fun.

I guess im asking for you to share why you have decided to share or not to share and how much your holding back....

That's the central question I suppose. In my almost 50 years I've seen many aweful/awesome things. Nothing supernatural per se.

Okay. Maybe once that I've never settled the circumstances in my own mind.

One time I was fighting a forest fire and I got too far back into the bush with not enough water. A tree came down between me and the fireline. The rush of flame and air that came towards me looked like a demon's face. I can still see it's wide eyes, long nose, curled mouth, round cheeks, horns etc. I can still see its' face in my mind's eye...

It stopped about 3 feet from my face, instead of a kiss it singed me badly.

Supernatural, mystical? I don't know, but it taught me a valuable lesson. The 'fire god', if there is one, let my stupid a$$ go that day, and I'm thankful for that. :)

As per your question, I'll never hold anything back, but I won't offer it freely until I'm prodded a bit.

Edit: to maybe answer your question, if someone asked me outright about 'fire gods' of 'fire demons', I'd probably shrug and walk away. But since no one asked me the question directly, is probably why I offered that story. I don't know.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 6

I've seen and heard many things, and I imagine with the way I search and continue walking forward as I do I'm going to see many more before my life story ends. I'm a psychic Christian, an empath who has wielded the abilities of God and in fact has had his own natural abilities affected by them in turn. Something that to many people would seem contradictory to most anyone that thinks about it, and in turn makes others like me feel as if Christianity claims that it's a sin for them to even exist. I suppose to relate this topic to the question, I came searching for a site like this to help others as much as I can. Even if it isn't much if only a few walk away better because of me being here I'd say my involvement is worth it.

I guess what I'm saying is I'd be willing to share anything supernatural related you ask about, or at least the opinions I have on it if I haven't seen it myself. In real life I restrict myself on saying much, Paul says to not involve anybody not in the know after all, but on this site I can assume anybody searching or reading what I write is in the know enough to count :)

• Like 2

Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others? Not really.

Are you afraid of the reactions you may receive? Absolutely.

Have you told one or two but kept the rest quiet because of negative feedback? Not telling.

Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so? Absolutely.

Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums? Absolutely.

Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention? Absolutely.

For me I have shared a few things. I mostly share the same thing over and over again when hauntings come up... these seem to be so similar in description that I cant help but say... hey that happened to me too!

I just tried to answer my own questions but found it very difficult! Lets see if anyone is braver than I am....

My experiences revolve around what I call a wraith and elemental spirits. That is far as I am going. If I laid out my whole story here it would be scoffed at as outlandish at best be dubbed an attention seeker. There is no denying the supernatural. I believe the supernatural prefers to go unnoticed, using subterfuge and manipulating human weakness itself, influencing the mundane and ordinary with such subtle touches most simply won't recognize it and written it off as normal human behavior or coincidence.

I believe circumstance rise in our lives with a purpose, but we either overcome them which leads to our spiritual growth or we choose to be corrupted by them which can lead to bitterness or a darker path in life.

• Like 2

1) Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others?

A: It's normal for me to answer another's post if based on a topic of interest or according to my experience/knowledge of the topic

2) Are you afraid of the reactions you may receive?

A: Now at all, because I leave it all up to the reader as to how he wishes to perceive, interpret or comprehend what I've written

3) Have you told one or two but kept the rest quiet because of negative feedback?

A: Negative feedback doesn't stop me from expressing my views, opinions, beliefs or experiences--I'm not here to please everyone, only to share

4) Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so?

A: I wouldn't be here on UM if I didn't wish to share--be it private or not--it all boils back down to the subject on hand

5) Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums?

A: I don't converse privately with anyone nor do I choose too--I'd rather answer one in all honesty--so best to keep others at arms length

6) Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention?

A: Let them think what they want--I'm not here to please, I'm here to share--if they don't like what I'm sharing, they can always take a hike.

• Like 2

I am not a "pushy" kind of person.I believe in certain things,things that have happened through personal experiences, but if I see some of these know it all people who instantly dismiss others opinions, thats the ones that get me going, along with these so called christians who happen to go to a church on their given day but lambast the other six days.If I am a christian, then it is by my choice and I would never dream of overbearing other people with christianity, a lot of people just dont get it.There is more to living and dying than life and death, perhaps one day we will find out

• Like 1

Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others?

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so?

Yup.

Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums?

That had been possible once; however, the status of that ever happening has changed. So, answer would be: It is not a choice for me.

Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention?

Not sure how to answer that. To me my life is 'normal'. I've been a certain way all my life and I've accepted things and used to it. So, in that regard, my life as a -whole- people may not take seriously and that's okay. -I- enjoy my life.

I hold back a lot.

I have done that in past circles. To share an experience that is similar in description does seem (for me) to act as a safety net.

For me, personally, I find that it is better to sit patiently and wait. Eventually, something will tug at me and that grabs my attention.

Good job on the post OP! Thank you for the thread.

Thumbs up to the OP of this thread! ;)

• Like 3

I've seen spirits well over a thousand times. I couldn't possibly share all my experiences. I share what I believe to be important.

If the opportunity arises I will freely share.

No.

I used to be but no longer am.

As I understand I myself chooses what to believe and I also choose who to address. If a skeptic/cynic wants to debate/attack, I don't have to address them, my point in sharing my experiences is never to convince another, skeptics who come at me with this angle might discover that we have two different approaches, they want to shut down those who are trying to explain themselves and convince others, I on the other hand only want to find connections, that is interesting to me, debating and trying to convince another is not interesting to me.

Negative feedback is a good social control tool. I don't let others use it on me because I recognize what it is. Of course it is disappointing when I cannot connect to someone. Connecting to someone for me is more important than negative/positive feedback. I like neutral feedback instead. Don't disagree, don't agree, just show me how the world works for you and I will do the same and let us find the similarities.

Now I will address some negative feedback but only if I feel I can use the opportunity to shed light on lesser known concepts I believe in. Selectively handling negative feedback, then only addressing it when I can show how the world works for me. So in the end I still get to do my primary goal, show how the world works for me, the great tragedy is not that others are not receptive but that they in turn did not share how the world works for them, what they find most interesting. I do know they disagree with what I believe but nothing about them.

So-so. My experiences are private but I am willing to share if at least one person is interested in exchange. Whether or not there might be an audience does not really matter, even if many of them might disagree, my focus will be primarily on those who are accepting.

So this occasionally results in me sharing then simply walking away from a thread because no one was on my wave length.

I know most of the good stuff comes out in PMs but I avoid PMs for personal reasons. I would rather discuss in a public forum where the chances of one or more will add in something I can find value in, even if it is just them being themselves.

PMs at times can feel like a chore. I think everyone should just try to aim for authenticity more often. The world we live in has so many constructs that we maintain. Filters. Hyperreality is something I would like to see have a few holes poked through. In them a light as bright as the sun will cast beams of reality and in those tiny corners my soul will be warmed.

My experiences are not me, in fact I attempt to find reasons for them, but unlike a skeptic I would never destroy the magic of these experiences for others or myself. I believe even if I know the scientific explanation.

Others see their experiences as themselves, so if you discount their experience it is as if you are discounting them as a person. They can get really angry if you offer alternative explanations from the one they prefer. In either case a preternatural view is my preference.

The only thing that holds me back is lack of a proper setting. Someone has to already be discussing something similar, I have to bring it up, someone has to be receptive, if not there is no use in sharing my experiences or techniques.

You should post in other forums and see what comes up. I believe you might have experiences that need to be told.

I find it less bravery and more luck. Finding others interested in the same concepts and approach is playing against the odds.

• Like 3

I think I've shared all of the entertaining hypnagogic hallucinations I've had over three decades. They've been the source of my skepticism about things like bedroom alien abductions and other paranormal experiences that people describe when they've woken up. They'd make great ghost stories if they hadn't been so silly.

• Like 1

Sometimes, if it's relevant.

No. I don't care what people without think who have zero experiences, have made-up or exaggerated their own stories to bolster their own credibility. Obviously, these would be the 'negative' reactions.

No, I lay it out on here because I want to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I can only repeat them so many times, so I'll only mention it if it's necessary to the conversation.

No.

I don't care what they think.

• Like 1

Usually. I keep the small stuff to myself.

No, not really. But I do dislike cries of "FAKE" and the like. Thankfully, I have only gotten one so far.

I've shared the big stuff. The rest I keep because the universal answer would likely be "So what?"

Would I have joined this site if I felt that way?

Not really. I kept a few non-paranormal background facts to just me and a moderator, but that's it.

We all feel like that sometimes. Wait, don't we?

And really, it's just that there's a lot of stuff that is wierd but not wierd enough or that is wierd enough but too small to post. I have a few things I've mentioned. Beyond that I get a lot of strangeness that is minor enough to keep to myself. Who really cares if I find mystery wounds on my body? Who really cares that I saw a girl do things she couldn't possibly survive multiple times? Who cares if I met somebody with googly-eyes wearing an actual tinfoil hat? (Alright, seriously. Does anybody actually believe those things work?) Who cares that I always hear people moving around my house when its empty and even sometimes see glimpses of them? Nobody but me, I'm sure.

Well... yeah. Probably a lot of people.

Edited by Seattleite
  • Like 1

Well, you cannot share all your experiences if you are a lifetime experiencer. But I don't hold back anything when I think it can help someone understand the issue in question.

I don't give a damn.

No. I've been insulted, attacked and trolled from the moment I joined this website. But nothing has stopped me from sharing my experiences in public.

No.

Not me. I'm not afraid or embarassed to share anything in public. But the other person might not feel the same way about sharing his experiences or discussing them in public. Many times I take the discussion to private messaging if I feel like the person can feel uncomfortable discussing certain aspects in public or will be subjected to attacks from the skeptics if certain issues concerning his experiences are brought up in public. Or for some other similar reasons.

Like I said before, I don't give a damn. My claims are HUGE. I have communicated with certain entities and realized that apocalyptical prophecies of the major religions of the world are coming true. Obviously, the skeptics will call me mad for making such huge claims. But I say let them go to hell. And hell is vast. ;)

Lets see if anyone is braver than I am....

:D

• Like 1

Theres some deeply personal ones, One very recent, that I havn't shared because It's kind of raw.. Other than that, yep, I'm a sharer..

Partially.. But at the end of the day, if people take offence it's their problem, not mine. (Am learning not to give a hoot)

Nope.

Yep. but for the most part I find that I'll contribute to topics if I feel I can more than if I feel lead to.

Nope.. I share some stuff privately that isn't in the public forum because it's general chit chat more than anything secret..

I wish.. Lol..

One thing I have noticed though, and I wonder now if this is the same with others?

But previously I've made awesome progress with Dream recall, Meditation, Clairaudience and Clairvoyance though Meditation.. But each time I mention this publically my mentioning of it seems to be followed by days or in one case over a week with no activity at all.. It's almost as though I'm being punished for bragging, not that I 've considered this bragging in the past.. These Lulls after talking about things of a personal or spiritual nature makes me feel as though talking about it is kind of frowned upon in the upper circles I'm not aware of.

Are there other out there who've enountered this?

Would really like to know if it's only me experiencing this.

• Like 2

Theres some deeply personal ones, One very recent, that I havn't shared because It's kind of raw.. Other than that, yep, I'm a sharer..

Partially.. But at the end of the day, if people take offence it's their problem, not mine. (Am learning not to give a hoot)

Nope.

Yep. but for the most part I find that I'll contribute to topics if I feel I can more than if I feel lead to.

Nope.. I share some stuff privately that isn't in the public forum because it's general chit chat more than anything secret..

I wish.. Lol..

One thing I have noticed though, and I wonder now if this is the same with others?

But previously I've made awesome progress with Dream recall, Meditation, Clairaudience and Clairvoyance though Meditation.. But each time I mention this publically my mentioning of it seems to be followed by days or in one case over a week with no activity at all.. It's almost as though I'm being punished for bragging, not that I 've considered this bragging in the past.. These Lulls after talking about things of a personal or spiritual nature makes me feel as though talking about it is kind of frowned upon in the upper circles I'm not aware of.

I am totally with you on this. Akin to perhaps having a big 'spiritual' finger waving at you, 'Uh-uh-uh.'

• Like 1

Nope.

I wish.. Lol..

Yeah I do think some things are made for only us but at the same time there are many factors for inactivity (it seems) one reason (for me) is that I dont control it so I cant command anything to happen (yet?)

But I do think some things are meant to be private and are part of a bigger mystery. We are allowed to experience them and let the knowledge of what has happened help develop our current overall understanding and that if it wouldn't help anyone we shouldnt share it. Im not saying sharing doest help others I think it does but maybe not in all circumstances... thats just what I think at least.

And T I think its good not to experience stuff too often. We should be happy with where we are, with our feet on the ground or in flight.They say more money more problems... i say more spiritual events more problems (not that its not good) but everything is at a price.

• Like 1

i say more spiritual events more problems (not that its not good) but everything is at a price.

That's the best thing you've said so far.

Generally, yes. I share a lot less that I used to, though. Mainly because before, I was searching for a direction. Now that I have a direction, I tend to share when a topic comes up that I am experiencing/have experience, so I can learn more about the topic, and as a "pass the torch" to thank those who have helped me.

• Like 2

I openly share all my experiences. Just go to my column here, and you'll see. All my experiences have been chronicled in my Kindle book that you can view at the following link:

*snip*

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
1. No spamming Common forms of forum spam include but are not limited to: 1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum to advertise a product, site or service.
  • Like 1

I share a lot, but WTH! Haven't shared all of it, but it I think anything I've experienced may be helpful to someone else, then i will. Most of it is in the past, as I made a commitment to focus on understanding, right action, and looking at the how & why instead of the what. I found it was very easy to get caught up in the "paranormal" stuff, really, it was kind of like going to a circus, both exciting & entertaining, but I wanted to go deeper into the mystery.

No

No

Not because of feed back, it's just not necessary for the reply

Yes and no I feel I have to answer some posts to try to help others find their answer.

Sometimes

I lived a weird Forrest Gump like life LOL! Things I didn't look for I stumbled on and some experiences were thrown in my face by many years of life! I discovered more about many things people are seeking and the day came I was led to post. It would be wrong if I didn't share what I knew about some subjects.

To help others find the truth about what they are seeking. If I have a piece to their puzzle from my life experiences, I should reply. If I know, I say I know, if I just have a clue I don't say I know like some people do when they post.

There's so many of those things I hardly answer unless someone is really having a problem with it and is afraid or needs help.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

Nope avoid it like the plague after I did one experience. Honestly not my favorite area of focus although it was the original thing that brought me here. Besides some odd reason I hate starting my own threads. Although if I somebody does post something like I went through I won't hesitate to post on it

More like annoyed. Dealing with skeptics repeatedly is very very tiring.

Depends on what you mean by negative feedback. I'm against useless feedback which seems to be the most common trend.

Some are like the dream type stuff and there are some weird things I cannot explain that simply doesn't fit in to any title I've read here are private simply because I was very close to the people that were involved, but hauntings and what not I'll talk about.

Nope, rarely private message in general. Although I will reply to them if a pm is sent to me first.

Really don't care what they think it's just that when I share an experience people normally have no clue on how to answer the questions that comes from those experiences. So I only reveal to people who I can think can actually answer my questions. Unless of course somebody asks me personally for any experiences.

I simply can't find a way to even try to define the question I want to ask which is why I try avoid this board.

• Like 1

No. Generally i don't share anymore, here or anywhere else. i have put a couple of my experiences on here but in general i don't share, i don't enjoy argueing like some people Seem to enjoy, I REALLY don't like being told that something that i experienced was nothing more than a bad trip or a dream or a deliberate lie to garner attention ( i have been told all three and many other things in the past) the only time i share anymore is when i think that my experience might help someone else deal with something that happened to them.

when i was young i had a lot of strange things happen to me, astral projection, missing time, Visions and visitations and much more . as i got older the happenings came less often now in my old age ( early fifties going on two hundred+ ) all that happens are the occational shadows and or symbols seen from the corner of my eye, the occational coincidence that doesn't feel like a coincidence, and the occational nightmare that i can't escape from. ( i used to enjoy nightmares because i seemed to be able to control them, but not anymore.)

and it doesn't help that time erases memory for details and tends to allow stories to get merged

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 1