Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun Control 30 days later

AsteroidX

Would social paranoia be considered a bad thing at this point. If your not fearful for your Basic Rights being stolen then are you are really feeling Human emotions ? Are you a Sheeple ? How can people be apathetic to there Rights or maybe they just dont know any better.

Of course, all these laws were already present and had been enforced until 1933 when Hitler came to power

Appealing to "Hitler did it" is a universally accepted sign that you've lost the argument.

When guns are seized because of an Ex Post Facto law it is unconstitutional, thus illegal. As the Constitution is the law of the land, any attempts to subvert it show the true colors of those who would want to justify an unconstitutional law. When guns are seized as the direct result of an Executive Order that subverts Congress, it's an indication that there is an agenda and an upset in the separation of powers in our government.

Please note that these are your "personal" beliefs that something is "unconstitutional" and have no effect of actual law or constitutionality. No EO is seizing guns. More social paranoia.

Appealing to "Hitler did it" is a universally accepted sign that you've lost the argument.

And simply pointing that out is not a profound counter-argument. At least I drew up logical comparisons instead of shouting inane babble.

And common sense dictates that an unconstitutional law is not a law, and thus is a policy that does not have to be enforced.

I think we've got a good start with some sheriffs across the states saying they're not going to enforce any new gun laws. Hopefully that snowball grows quickly.

36 sherrifs in my state are not going to enforce the federal gun ban.

I'm just saying, completely based on fact, the UK has a total gun ban.. They're #2 for the highest crime rate in the EU. America is #1 in the world for gun ownership with 88/100 people having guns. And we're 28 in the world for gun murders. Total crimes for the UK - which has a total gun ban? 11k people per 100k people. Total crimes for the US - which has more guns then anywhere else in the world? 4k people per 100k people.

Considering the US has a higher population density than the UK - and the US is larger than the EU in many regards, and considering nearly 9/10 people own a gun in America and America has more counties, cities, regions, and people - and yet has less crime - despite America's population versus Britain's?

Need I say more?

Edited by Eonwe

Sure. What else you got?

You can't expect to disarm a population that was given a detailed explanation of how a right preexists government - especially a right that is one not to be infringed - that has to deal with providing an individual the means to protect themselves against government - while surrounding yourself with little children while you sign Executive Orders - while then little children are suspended for firing their fingers like guns; being construed as threats by the very same anti-gun criteria and mentality that was supposed to protect them.

Edited by Eonwe

And common sense dictates that an unconstitutional law is not a law, and thus is a policy that does not have to be enforced.

Common sense is a dumb argument because it varies from person to person, state to state, region to region, etc etc. There is no universal "common sense". The final arbiter of "constitutionality" is the supreme court, not common sense. A law, must be enforced until then. Try ignoring it and you will end in jail.

36 sherrifs in my state are not going to enforce the federal gun ban.

what federal gun ban? Are you living in some alternate universe?

Common sense is a dumb argument because it varies from person to person, state to state, region to region, etc etc. There is no universal "common sense". The final arbiter of "constitutionality" is the supreme court, not common sense. A law, must be enforced until then. Try ignoring it and you will end in jail.

Common sense is subjective from one person's interpretation to another, that is fair enough to say. I personally don't believe in a broad, universal definition of truth. I merely believe in a correlation of facts and intentions and the transparency regarding said facts and or intentions - based on the beliefs and or actions of individuals or social organizations that have a common theme or agenda. Yes, a law must be enforced - and as Lincoln said in his Lyceum Address when he was 28 years old, it is best for reverence to the Constitution and other laws enforced. If they are bad laws they should be re-legislated.

Interesting. What would make you think that?

The East Coast US has 113 million people - as said from a 2010 census report, at least.

But I don't think population density was the proper term I was looking for.

Although Northern Virginia has a ridiculous population - especially Fairfax County, which has over 1 million people alone.

Really horrible traffic there. Trust me on that... Avoid Fairfax at all costs.

Edited by Eonwe

Really horrible traffic there. Trust me on that... Avoid Fairfax at all costs.

I bet traffic laws have made it safer than not.

The East Coast US has 113 million people - as said from a 2010 census report, at least.

The UK has 62 million people and is slightly smaller than Oregon. They're pretty tightly packed in.

Also - the UK has pretty much always had a higher rate of violent crime than the US. Even when Guns weren't restricted.

Which is why it's misleading to point to the UK as having a high rate of violent crime and Gun control, as if one is directly related to the other.