Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prime Minister of Pakistan Arrested

Simbi Laveau

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/pakistan-raja-pervaiz-ashraf-arrest-ordered_n_2477367.html?ir=world&utm_campaign=011513&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alert-world&utm_content=Title

The prime minister of Pakistan was ordered to be arrested,by the Pakistani high court .

His arrest was ordered because of allegation of corruption .

The court was under pressure to do this, because of clashes with a cleric,who has ties to the military .

The military can now intervene .

I have no idea what the semantics of any of that truely means ,but the PM being arrested,cannot be good.

Not good? Pakistan was hardly a paragon of freedom & democracy, was it? And it's not likely to have much effect on willingness to co-operate with U.S. military operations, since the U.S. hasn't taken much notice of Pakistian's views on what it does for some time, have they.

They hanged one prime minister a few years back, so an arrest is nothing much

Taun said it correctly. That would be a coup once hes arrested or flees the country.

Taun said it correctly. That would be a coup once hes arrested or flees the country.

Another bloody asylum seeker ,wanting free board and lodgings.
  • Like 2

Oh yes let him come to America. He can open a 7-11, drive a taxi, or run a hotel. Please stay where you are we don;t need or want to here

Oh great. All anyone needs is even more instability in a volital region.

• Like 1

Oh great. All anyone needs is even more instability in a volital region.

Don't worry. They must be stable, they were allowed to develop nukes! :tu:
  • Like 2

Don't worry. They must be stable, they were allowed to develop nukes! :tu:

Pakistan's "stability" probably leaves some US generals up nights eating tums. If that government experienced a real coup where the ISI won over the civilian authorities then we in the US might have to seriously consider intervention. It could be a nightmare scenario where there are no winners. The truth is that Pakistan is the real enemy in the region and we pay them to keep the quiet and to keep their nukes in plain sight. My guess is that someone here also made it very clear to them that if they threaten us with those nukes they would be giving themselves a death sentence.

I dread to think what would happen if pakistan ends up under the wrong leadership.

But maybe a change of goverment is what it really needs?

I dread to think what would happen if pakistan ends up under the wrong leadership.

But maybe a change of goverment is what it really needs?

IF one trusts the info coming from our government - and I still try to - then Pakistan is a government within a government. The civilian side balances the military/spy apparatus (ISI) that is heavily pro Islamic. So who knows.... but if the "Islamic Bomb" ends up in the hands of a group that is willing to threaten it's use then it's a real problem for the region and the world. No good answers I'm afraid...... Edited by and then

If you think the army is heavily "pro-Islamic" then you are lost. The Lal Masjid is evidence of this and there are many more examples.

There is a conflict between the people. A good chunk of them want Islamic law there and it does seem they will fight for it to be installed.

If you think the army is heavily "pro-Islamic" then you are lost. The Lal Masjid is evidence of this and there are many more examples.

There is a conflict between the people. A good chunk of them want Islamic law there and it does seem they will fight for it to be installed.

Perhaps I am - I admit to parroting info from news, not personal knowledge. But what I do know is that if Islamist radicals gain control of the weapons and codes of nukes then Pakistan could be DESTROYED. If the people there are so devoted to their religion that this is okay with them...then I guess it's okay with me as well. As long as they are snuffed out before they kill millions of people who want no part of their religion. This is my only point - if they live in peace with the rest of the world I wish them well. If they demand a leadership that wants to spread Islam by the sword then I hope they will be stopped no matter what it takes. Fair enough?

His arrest was ordered because of allegation of corruption .

noooooooooo..... really?!?!?

lol

Another bloody asylum seeker ,wanting free board and lodgings.

Canada will take him.

Not good? Pakistan was hardly a paragon of freedom & democracy, was it? And it's not likely to have much effect on willingness to co-operate with U.S. military operations, since the U.S. hasn't taken much notice of Pakistian's views on what it does for some time, have they.

Don't speak too quickly..... It was only 3-4 years ago during the floods in Pakistan that the American GOV had Hillary Clinton give them $7 billion for disaster relief..... hmmmm and then Obomba's drone campaign ramped up big time killing pakistanis on the border with Afghanistan.

Looked like a pay off to me at the time... I even created a thread about it here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pakistani GOV and the American intelligence GOV worked together in convincing the whole world that 'nobody knew OBL was hiding out in Abbottabad'. It helped Obama look good as a war hawk and it also kept the Pakistani GOV from it's citizens turning on them to deny allegations from american politicians that they knew his where abouts.

Just a hunch.... seemed perfect.

• Like 2

noooooooooo..... really?!?!?

lol

Canada will take him.

Don't be mean . I'm middle east illiterate ,and Canada won't take him if he's ever been caught smoking an illegal hookah .

• Like 2

Perhaps I am - I admit to parroting info from news, not personal knowledge. But what I do know is that if Islamist radicals gain control of the weapons and codes of nukes then Pakistan could be DESTROYED. If the people there are so devoted to their religion that this is okay with them...then I guess it's okay with me as well. As long as they are snuffed out before they kill millions of people who want no part of their religion. This is my only point - if they live in peace with the rest of the world I wish them well. If they demand a leadership that wants to spread Islam by the sword then I hope they will be stopped no matter what it takes. Fair enough?

The situation in pakistan differs greatly from any other insurgency, religion does play a major role but the people and government of pakistan are largley seculer.The ISI arnt playing a pro islamist role here as you might think, it all leads back to the control and influence off afghanistan a region pakistan had a firm grip over using the taliban,until ofcourse al-qaeda came along.

Right now the united states is also fighting for control of afghanistan, something the pakistanis cant live with and in turn are secretly funding networks such as the haqqanis to slowley regain control.

Ofcourse when you create a monster its only a matter of time before it mutates into something worse especially when you indocrinate the people into fighting "unbelievers" so you can push your agenda abroad, its only a matter of time they regard you as the "unbeliever".

so you see its all about afghanistan

P.s excuse my spelling im using a phone -_-

They hanged one prime minister a few years back, so an arrest is nothing much

But this time, man who came from Canada start politic there. He just spoke on English behind bullet proof glass and he is anonymus.

People connected him with CIA. India warns Pakistan. So situation isnt good.

Iran,China,India around it.

I seriously doubt that they will kill millions. The Taliban did not over reach. They were very limited with resources as many of their citizens with a higher degree of education left to other countries. An effort was being made to slowly provide prosperity. People are too hesitant to stop an Islamic emirate as they have some obscured view of it. I greatly hope that we see many in our time.

I seriously doubt that they will kill millions. The Taliban did not over reach. They were very limited with resources as many of their citizens with a higher degree of education left to other countries. An effort was being made to slowly provide prosperity. People are too hesitant to stop an Islamic emirate as they have some obscured view of it. I greatly hope that we see many in our time.

I expect that many millions are similarly minded. And if we in the west do not stand for the defense of our culture then those "many emirates" might some day find a Caliph. I am no scholar of history but I know enough to analyze where that situation would lead free thinking peoples around the world. It would be a new dark age -as bad as the Medieval world or even worse. A totalitarian state where women are brutalized as chattels and education is reserved for the few. I have no doubt that some today would feel right at home in such a place and I say that is fine for them. But I am a free man and I would gladly die in defense of that before prostrating myself a Dhimmi before such a culture. Time will tell. The Taliban were/are good examples of what the world would see. Those who support their right to run a country like Afghanistan should have to go there and live in subjugation to them.

You stand in the defense of your culture while trying to force it upon a whole region. Democracy and communism has not worked there. The Taliban were a good example of a country striped off its recourses and was rebuilding. Were they not making movement to join the united nations, were the united states not encouraging their battle against opium with financial aid. The pashtun may be difficult people at times as they may have a tribal mentality on occassion but this was the only thing available.

History. Some stuff. I do recall that a certain "Caliph" was the only one who took the Jews in when they were expelled from al-Andalus, and the examples go on. Much bias from you.

I dont think you have to fear that medieval times are to come, colonialism has turned much of Africa into the 17th century and drained it flat.

You stand in the defense of your culture while trying to force it upon a whole region. Democracy and communism has not worked there. The Taliban were a good example of a country striped off its recourses and was rebuilding. Were they not making movement to join the united nations, were the united states not encouraging their battle against opium with financial aid. The pashtun may be difficult people at times as they may have a tribal mentality on occassion but this was the only thing available.

History. Some stuff. I do recall that a certain "Caliph" was the only one who took the Jews in when they were expelled from al-Andalus, and the examples go on. Much bias from you.

I dont think you have to fear that medieval times are to come, colonialism has turned much of Africa into the 17th century and drained it flat.

Patently untrue and boring. America stands in it's own interests just as every other country does. The clash is between world views and one is clearly about darkness and subjugation. As I said before - for those who want to kneel before such darkness - let them. But if they come and tell me I must, then they had better be able to enforce that Being willing to die for a cause is hardly unique to one culture.