Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Horsemeat found in beef

freetoroam

I have said this a lot lately, i am sure i am on PETAs shoot to kill list because of it but i will say it again.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with horse meat, It tastes good, it is lower in cholesterol than beef is, granted it can be tougher but it is actually a better meat source than beef.

I ate horse off and on for years as a kid until a bunch of squeemish americans decided that horses are pets exclusively not meat animals and made it illegal to slaughter horses for meat.

And so Most horse meat goes into dogfood or cat food or some other animal food as meat byproducts, or to a glue factory, or a leather factory, or into a dumpster out back for later transport to the local landfill where it feeds the rats, while somewhere in the world humans complain about being forced to eat it.

yes i would eat it as a hamburger, as a steak, as a roast, and as horse jerky

absolutely, they should declare it.

personally I do not eat horse meat, but I know people do, my concern is not the fact that people do it eat, its the fact that we are being lied to and those lying to us I doubt are taking care of the animals while alive.

Me too exactly.............

As for the religious bit: is this really what people care about!!! If they are not vegetarians and only care because of religious reasons and not for the animals wellfare, then I have absolutely no sympathy at all.

Check out Tescos Facebook page.. They have an apology note up..--> http://www.facebook.com/tesco .... Despite their recent news, Tescos says their burger sales remain stable !!

• Like 1

Check out Tescos Facebook page.. They have an apology note up..--> http://www.facebook....ook.com/tesco .... Despite their recent news, Tescos says their burger sales remain stable !!

yes, but it will not stay stable furlong.

• Like 1

yes, but it will not stay stable furlong.

:P Good one

Tescos - We don't horse around with prices

• Like 1

I looked at Tesco's website and they state "...the FSAI have said that the products pose no risk to human health..." ( http://www.tesco.com/ ) .

Why has the entire news in the UK simply accepted what the 'Food Standards Agency' has said about the meat being 'safe' to eat?? They did not know that there was horse meat in the food until yesterday. Why are the following questions not been asked?;-

Where did the horses come from?

What health were the horses in? Like who was doing checks to see if they were diseased or suitable for consumption.

Was there any documentation to show if the horses were chemical free? Like some of the horses could have been pumped full of veterinary drugs and hormones.

Where and how were the horses slaughtered? Was it 'humane'.

Have the 'FSAI' tested for other animal DNA like goat, dog and human?

I will refuse to eat processed meat from now and ever more. I will stick to lamb, chicken and beef that I buy from a local butcher who also owns the farm he keeps the live stock on. I can see them out in the fields and I also know how many horses he has...

Where did the horses come from?[/

That's not really a mystery if your into horse racing like me.

Just imagine Frankel,Sea The Stars or any other horse owned by Tabor,Magnier or the Maktoums.

These are the ones you won't be seeing made mincemeat because they are required to produce the next generation of equine superstars at stud.

I believe some of these fillies can stil be retained if they have got the right connections to mate.

However it's the ones that are owned by syndicates,based at lowly stables and finish last in a selling stakes at Catterick Park that could be in your burgers.

I don't understand the logic of it really because even though these horses are slow they shouldn't be put to pasture.

Surely they can be used at riding schools to train the next crop of horsemen or horsewomen.

I wouldn't mind but before cars,trains and planes they were the only type of transport.

I just think it's disrespectful when they are not used for anything but their intended purpose.

Whether or not it's ethical is an other matter.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 1