Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do none of you want to be rich?

CakeOrDeath

I am already one of the worlds richest people. Somewhere in the top 5% and probably in the top 2 or 3%, in fact. And that is despite giving away a reasonable percentage of my income. I would love more money so that I could help more people but personal talents are the best and most direct way to help other people no matter how rich you are.

Do you need a well paid secretary? i can tipe. :w00t:

• Like 3

Do you need a well paid secretary? i can tipe. :w00t:

Lol i wasnt meaning to brag, just to make the point that simply by being born in Australia I will inevitably be one of the wealthiest people in the world and certainly in the top 5% This was pointed out to us at a geography teachers conference a few years ago.

I read the other day that about half of all the food produced in the world is wasted and never consumed. MY wife and i waste almost nothing, but when i do have to throw food out, I always feel guilty. Luckilly, between our labrador and the chooks (who have a race for the scrap heap every morning) it all gets eaten.

I was brought up in hard times and while mum and dad managed ot feed us ok we were never ever allowed to leave food uneaten, even if it was fried lambs brains in bread crumbs (actually very tasty) or lambs tail pie (delicious) or liver, kidneys, tripe etc. (not so nice) . If we did, we had to eat it for the next meal.

• Like 2

Lol i wasnt meaning to brag, just to make the point that simply by being born in Australia I will inevitably be one of the wealthiest people in the world and certainly in the top 5% This was pointed out to us at a geography teachers conference a few years ago.

I read the other day that about half of all the food produced in the world is wasted and never consumed. MY wife and i waste almost nothing, but when i do have to throw food out, I always feel guilty. Luckilly, between our labrador and the chooks (who have a race for the scrap heap every morning) it all gets eaten.

I was brought up in hard times and while mum and dad managed ot feed us ok we were never ever allowed to leave food uneaten, even if it was fried lambs brains in bread crumbs (actually very tasty) or lambs tail pie (delicious) or liver, kidneys, tripe etc. (not so nice) . If we did, we had to eat it for the next meal.

My husband and I waste nothing either, we live on the minimums, through choice, we love our life were we can practice our love of nature and what it has to offer....we are also rich, but not in monetary terms. :yes:

• Like 1

It's not about money at all. It's about Service to Others, not Service to Self.

In my view, knowing that you have helped help a person in their utter most time of need should be 'reward' enough. If one is blessed with good health, has a roof over their head, and can provide food for one's family, then why not be charitable to one's fellow Human? One should never have to pay just for someone to listen and a lot of the time, that is what most people want: is for someone to listen to them.

We all walk on Earth's soil. Let us walk together more often.

Why not help others like the homeless and sick...if I could I would do it just for that.

I am already one of the worlds richest people. Somewhere in the top 5% and probably in the top 2 or 3%, in fact. And that is despite giving away a reasonable percentage of my income. I would love more money so that I could help more people but personal talents are the best and most direct way to help other people no matter how rich you are.

Exactly...but your probably not even in the top 100 richest, let alone one of the richest

Maybe there are psychic people who just quietly play the stock market for money. No one else knows of their ability. The ultimate in insider trading.

• Like 1

Well sir, have you founded EaldWita Academy of Awesome Excellence for the SuperPsiPower Squad? I wish to attend and have you perfect my noodle strike.

Nope. No super powers - just good, old-fashioned luck - and a damned great big silver spoon up my butt when I was born!

s6457.gif

Edited by ealdwita

No wonder Mrs Ealdwita puts up with you ....*runs away*

Well, apart from dashing good looks, an impeccable sense of style and boundless accomplishments, I've very little else to offer a lady, I'm afraid!

Edited to add - 'and a profound modesty too!'

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 1

Can I have some please?

• Like 1

While one would be able to use the power of ones mind to ATTRACT money into their lives, like I have done, I personally would not want to have my abilities exploited, as it were, in order to produce it. But thats just me.

Asodora, I don't believe in the x-men or read comics these days, but lots of matter-o-fact posts in this section might was well come right from Professor X's halls. I am just asking that instead of sitting around talking to one and other about psi-weapon generation, levitation, object manipulation etc etc....why not share it with the rest of the world. Imagine what some super well trained and possibly "augmented" through research, telekinetics could do to assist with say....search and rescue mission in earthquakes etc.

Surely there would be tons of real world applications that could massively benefit society as a whole if even a few of you came forward and lent your skills to the world instead of just making psi-ballz in your room and talking about it on forums?

I am in the low income bracket you can help me out If you want. I will pay tithes with your donations. :D:D

Exactly...but your probably not even in the top 100 richest, let alone one of the richest

I dont think anyone in australia is among the worlds top 100 wealthiest people But i am still wealthier in material terms than 97 % of the worlds population That makes me constantly aware of how lucky and privileged I am. At the same conference the demographer professor pointed out that the ultra rich mostly live together in enclaves in certain parts of the world. Sort of ghettos for the very rich. According to forbes magazine there are 1062 billionaires in the world There is one malaysian bloke who claims to have 5 trillion euros in bank accounts but that is unconfirmed MAkes my family, whose richest members are only worth about 5 million, look pitiful, really.

Edited by Mr Walker

I believe your truly gifted psychics are altruistic by nature, so the tendency towards amassing material wealth is not a priority. Some insist on keeping a low profile & will rarely announce or advertise their gifts outright. Most become known simply by word of mouth through family, friends and close associates. Some may even find themselves drawn unexpectedly to certain people, places or situations where clarification or confirmation is needed, thus giving willingly and freely of themselves once again.

Some however, depending upon their religious/spiritual beliefs, cultural background, geographical location or financial situation, will accept donations and/or gifts from those who solicit their services. A few will also find that when one's intentions are boarded on greed, their abilities may start to lack in accuracy or eventually dissipate altogether. Most are content just knowing that their sought out gifts are helping to make a difference in an individuals life, and for them, this is happiness.

If it could have been done, it would have been done. If it hasn't been done then it can't be done.

It's that simple.

Don't try and tell me all the true psychics or whatever are all honest people with no greed.

Asodora, I don't believe in the x-men or read comics these days, but lots of matter-o-fact posts in this section might was well come right from Professor X's halls. I am just asking that instead of sitting around talking to one and other about psi-weapon generation, levitation, object manipulation etc etc....why not share it with the rest of the world. Imagine what some super well trained and possibly "augmented" through research, telekinetics could do to assist with say....search and rescue mission in earthquakes etc.

Surely there would be tons of real world applications that could massively benefit society as a whole if even a few of you came forward and lent your skills to the world instead of just making psi-ballz in your room and talking about it on forums?

Hi. I wasn't sure if you were addressing me, or someone else named Asadora.

I will only say that I found your remarks quite austerulous. So, I shan't go any further with this.

If it could have been done, it would have been done. If it hasn't been done then it can't be done.

It's that simple.

Don't try and tell me all the true psychics or whatever are all honest people with no greed.

"If it could have been done, it would have been done. If it hasn't been done then it can't be done. It's that simple."

Do you normally just fly over what you've read or do you actually comprehend what you're reading? Your rambling off makes completely no sense to me at all.

"Don't try and tell me all the true psychics or whatever are all honest people with no greed."

Your most gifted and altruistic one's are few in number and quite hard to come by. By the way, you don't have to swallow anything I'm saying--

-- you just need to learn to take things lightly & not let it eat you all up!

• Like 1

its not just about the money, as soon as you start that and allow yourself to be exploited then you fall into the trap of saying whatever "they" want you to say...for money.

Not to mention all the gold diggers and money hungry people who you havent seen in years pop up like you owe them something.
  • Like 1

Very strange logic being applied here...

So, just to get this straight in my head - you guys are saying that your personal abilities must be kept to yourselves and your own chosen 'recipients'. That you deliberately won't enlighten / educate the rest of the world, despite the fact that if these powers could be revealed / unleashed by all those who probably have them BUT who do not ever come to realise it BECAUSE you won't allow your claimed powers to be proven, tested, demonstrated, studied (and then passed on and developed by education). Surely then they could be utilised by humanity to make a much better world..

But no, you guys don't want that.

Yep, that's the ticket - I think I get it now...

I'm sorta glad I don't have the powers - I don't really want to have that attitude.

Not to mention all the gold diggers and money hungry people who you havent seen in years pop up like you owe them something.

haha, i would remind them why I never kept in contact with them in the first place after all these years. :whistle:

• Like 1

Very strange logic being applied here...

So, just to get this straight in my head - you guys are saying that your personal abilities must be kept to yourselves and your own chosen 'recipients'. That you deliberately won't enlighten / educate the rest of the world, despite the fact that if these powers could be revealed / unleashed by all those who probably have them BUT who do not ever come to realise it BECAUSE you won't allow your claimed powers to be proven, tested, demonstrated, studied (and then passed on and developed by education). Surely then they could be utilised by humanity to make a much better world..

But no, you guys don't want that.

Yep, that's the ticket - I think I get it now...

I'm sorta glad I don't have the powers - I don't really want to have that attitude.

With "the powers" come consequences which very early in life determine ones attitude to them and how much one discloses. I have had the police called in, had many people run away from me and the only way i kept my best mate as a young teenager was to lie and say that i was cheating when i first read his mind to see what card he was turning over, and then began to predict the sequence of card s before he turned them over. I went through almost a whole pack without one error. It even scared me. i was about 12 or13 and that was one of the first times i realised i was a bit different AND that such differnces scared people .

I also had a work colleague very upset when I asked her in the staff room, how her preganacy was going and it was so new she hadn't told anyone except her parents.

ANother colloeague luckily saw the funny side of it when i asked her why she was wearing a blokes boxer pants to bed at night because i had obed and accidentally observed her. I have had a young woman I was trying to impess in bar run away when i ran through her keys and told her what sort of door each one opened and what it was used for Eg an old wooden green door with peeling paint on a garden shed.

What freaked her out ultimately was when I said. "I am sorry i cant tell you what this ones for, because you dont know." She realised i was extracting the information about the keys form her head and took off in a flash.

I can list dozens of instances, the most common being finding objects that have been lost or stolen, as long as the person who lost them or stole them is close to me. Ive done online tests for clair audience with almost 100% accuracy and even helped a Um member with a stolen object. I dont think it was ever recovered, but she did find out who stole it.

But it is rare for me to be able to succeed at a distance. Knolwledge comes if it is going to instanlty and i just know where something is and tell the person wher to find it. A mate lost his USB with school reports on it, but i had to tell him it was at the bottom of the ocean, and irrecoverable. THEN he remembered having it with him when he went out on a state emergency boat while they were doing a rescue call out, the last time he saw it. ANd lots of times i get nothing at all and jus thave to say, "sorry i cant help you "

Even people i help find valuable lost objects are very wary (except kids and teenagers. They seem to take it as normal)

• Like 1

Again Mr. Walker, this post wasn't really targeted to mediums and mind readers, while that could constitute a power, it's not quite the "super hero" type stuff that several posters claim to perform on a regular and ongoing basis.

I actually think there is some plausibility that "sensitives," when it comes to human interaction, are "real" to a degree. Science is actually looking at different ideas regarding "collective conscious" etc.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

Again Mr. Walker, this post wasn't really targeted to mediums and mind readers, while that could constitute a power, it's not quite the "super hero" type stuff that several posters claim to perform on a regular and ongoing basis.

I actually think there is some plausibility that "sensitives," when it comes to human interaction, are "real" to a degree. Science is actually looking at different ideas regarding "collective conscious" etc.

I appreciate this. I have tried to explain my own abilities as as clearly as i can. However, while i have no evidence of other forms of paranormal abilities, I am reluctant to dismiss them because i know what it feels like to be disbelieved and dismissed in my own case.

I find it highly unlikely that anyone can create enough physical energy to throw a psi ball or move a solid object against the pull of gravity, and yet i have had a healer touch me in a supermarket, and felt an equivalent heat /energy to a powerful heat lamp used for muscle damage. My own badly torn ligamants were partly healed by this heat and power, and all pain was removed. And if that much heat can be generated by a human body and convected into my own, then it may be possible for other forms of energy, like light or kinetic, to be likewise created by the human body and transmitted or convected.

Ps when i asked around about the guy who just walked up to me while i was almost passing out with agony in the checkout aisle, and healed me, I found out he was a trainer with the local football club who helped heal sports injuries by touch and prayer. The club obviously found him very effective, despite his unorthodox methodology, as he had worked with them for many years.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Maybe he walks around with large amounts of tiger balm on his hand... :w00t: Just teasing hehe. Honestly, I'm not as "dismissive" as I might seem in some of my posts. I just am amazed how matter-o-factly alot things are talked about in this section, and yet the world and scientific community at large, has not found any of these rather open "energy manipulating" individual willing to share some of their exeriences and discoveries.

Surely you don't really think that "science" is standing by just waiting to turn the first psi-ball user they validate into a guinea pig? People here make scientist all sound like the baddies from Austin Powers or something.

Going back to what I was saying about "real" empaths, psychics etc, there is some research being done, that while not strong enough to be proposed as "theory" yet, is showing some pretty interesting things as it relates to groups sharing collective feelings or "being on the same page" in moments of stress and trauma. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if it turns out that "sensitives" are acutally...wait for it "sensitives" haha and more readily able to perceive and decode some of the information via this "collective conscious."

• Like 1

To the lovely people on this forum who do embrace their gifts, how can I continue to develop mine? I have had experiences showing that I may be a medium, but I often struggle with differing what I'm getting versus what could be my own thoughts. I often times don't want to say anything for fear of being wrong. The first time I spoke up, i was validated and it encouraged me to speak up the second, and then third time. I haven't opened up since. Any thoughts and suggestions are very welcome!