Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 Amazing Properties of Sunlight

seeder

"Sunlight is well-known to provide us vitamin D, but did you know that it kills pain, keeps us alert at night, burns fat and more…

Our biological connection and dependence to the sun is so profound, that the very variation in human skin color from African, melanin-saturated dark skin, to the relatively melanin de-pigmented, Caucasian lighter-skin, is a byproduct of the offspring of our last common ancestor from Africa (as determined by mitochondrial DNA) migrating towards sunlight-impoverished higher latitudes, which began approximately 60,000 years ago. In order to compensate for the lower availability of sunlight, the body rapidly adjusted, essentially requiring the removal of the natural “sunscreen” melanin from the skin, which interferes with vitamin D production; vitamin D, of course, is involved in the regulation of over 2,000 genes, and therefore is more like a hormone, without which our entire genetic infrastructure becomes destabilized".

http://www.wakingtim...er-heard-about/

Just be sure to slip/slap/slop!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

It is winter here. So is that my I am so depressed. I need sunshine. I need to be laying in a beach somewhere

It is winter here. So is that my I am so depressed. I need sunshine. I need to be laying in a beach somewhere

maybe you've got seasonal affective disorder? SAD! Yeh but its true tho isnt it? We LOVE being warmed by the sun on a bright and sunny day! (We have just been hit with some cold winter temps, plus its been snowing! UK)

Mind you, I couldn't take the heat at some beach outside of Rome when i went years ago, had red lumps forming on my skin in about 20 mins of it...had to cover up big time..TOO HOT!!

maybe you've got seasonal affective disorder? SAD! Yeh but its true tho isnt it? We LOVE being warmed by the sun on a bright and sunny day! (We have just been hit with some cold winter temps, plus its been snowing! UK)

Mind you, I couldn't take the heat at some beach outside of Rome when i went years ago, had red lumps forming on my skin in about 20 mins of it...had to cover up big time..TOO HOT!!

I do have SAD and taking meds for it. I hot sun beats the cold snowy day anytime. I am a sunworshpper.

I do have SAD and taking meds for it. I hot sun beats the cold snowy day anytime. I am a sunworshpper.

Yeah, my "growing-up" day's and, latter, 1 month visits/year in Florida beats the heck out of the snow outside my house.

I always felt better.

Can't do the visits now with my new job. Dang!!

couldn't you ditch the meds and go on a sunbed daily? Ive been racking my mind to remember, but I read a story, years ago, about, er.... well... must have been an arctic country where the sun doesn't shine much, or even rise much in winter, and the kids at school would sit around some sort of 'daylight lamp'....

It snowed here for 1 day! not long enough, I love the snow and cold weather, specially when i am looking at it from my window in my cosy abode infront of my woodburner.

couldn't you ditch the meds and go on a sunbed daily? Ive been racking my mind to remember, but I read a story, years ago, about, er.... well... must have been an arctic country where the sun doesn't shine much, or even rise much in winter, and the kids at school would sit around some sort of 'daylight lamp'....

I assume the artificial light has different properties than sunlight and not quite the same.

I assume the artificial light has different properties than sunlight and not quite the same.

well maybe thats the way it is, but there is an industry built on this principle..

take a looky at this page, halfway down

quote: " These lightboxes provide summer levels of bright light to treat SAD, lift mood, boost concentration and restore natural energy. SAD and energy lights are designed for use at work, at home and when travelling".

http://www.lumie.com/collections/all?pdg=112530737_5390704937_27755457377&gclid=CPiFvpyO7rQCFebLtAod4mgA-w

Or you can google 'daylight lamps' etc

This may be similar to what I read about those kids in school

well maybe thats the way it is, but there is an industry built on this principle..

take a looky at this page, halfway down

quote: " These lightboxes provide summer levels of bright light to treat SAD, lift mood, boost concentration and restore natural energy. SAD and energy lights are designed for use at work, at home and when travelling".

http://www.lumie.com/collections/all?pdg=112530737_5390704937_27755457377&gclid=CPiFvpyO7rQCFebLtAod4mgA-w

Or you can google 'daylight lamps' etc

This may be similar to what I read about those kids in school

Seems more of a psychological thing there than an actual nutritional or covering some of the points in the original linked article thing like real sunlight.

Seems more of a psychological thing there than an actual nutritional or covering some of the points in the original linked article thing like real sunlight.

Plants don't suffer from psychological disorders do they? Yet we all know or have heard of cannabis farms being raided, usually, in blacked out attics and cellars...where....artificial lights 'ensure' they grow. Now all plants need sunlight don't they for photo synthesis? But they get lamp light instead, but not any 'regular' bulbs are used

quote: "Metal Halide is green/blue/violet-oriented in the spectrum depending upon the Kelvin temperature, and is the best light when natural light is not available and specifically during the vegetative growth stages".

So not really a household 100 Watt Swan Bulb is it..

and

quote: "Light Therapy"

Bright light therapy, or phototherapy, has been used for over 20 years to treat SAD[57] with numerous studies citing its effectiveness.[58][59] Light therapy is recommended as a first-line treatment for SAD in Canadian, American, and international clinical guidelines.[59] The mood of individuals with SAD can improve with as little as 20 minutes of bright light exposure.[60] Bright light is more effective than dim light in protecting against “mood lowering” which commonly occurs in SAD.

http://en.wikipedia....r#Light_Therapy

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Plants don't suffer from psychological disorders do they? Yet we all know or have heard of cannabis farms being raided, usually, in blacked out attics and cellars...where....artificial lights 'ensure' they grow. Now all plants need sunlight don't they for photo synthesis? But they get lamp light instead, but not any 'regular' bulbs are used

quote: "Metal Halide is green/blue/violet-oriented in the spectrum depending upon the Kelvin temperature, and is the best light when natural light is not available and specifically during the vegetative growth stages".

So not really a household 100 Watt Swan Bulb is it..

and

quote: "Light Therapy"

Bright light therapy, or phototherapy, has been used for over 20 years to treat SAD[57] with numerous studies citing its effectiveness.[58][59] Light therapy is recommended as a first-line treatment for SAD in Canadian, American, and international clinical guidelines.[59] The mood of individuals with SAD can improve with as little as 20 minutes of bright light exposure.[60] Bright light is more effective than dim light in protecting against “mood lowering” which commonly occurs in SAD.

http://en.wikipedia....r#Light_Therapy

Hey I am not crazy I just need the sun.

• Like 1