Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walpole Island Werewolf/bore? head

ShadowBoy86x

its an indian reserve claiming this was found on their land, just wondering if this is someone else pic and if its real.

saw it on my facebook page, its circulating through local friends

post-133590-0-59139000-1358346886_thumb.

Not a werewoves head. A werewolf would change back to human forn when killed. Where was this located at

• Like 1

well its not a hog thats for sure...it would have had tusks instead of fangs...not a werewolf either, the body would be more valuable than the head which mystereriously they don't show.

its an indian reserve claiming this was found on their land, just wondering if this is someone else pic and if its real.

Interesting to find out, but the history of carcass identification as cryptids isn't a good one imo. I predict a hyrax. Edited by Rewlahool

A werewolf would change back to human forn when killed.

LMAO. Plus, it would've left a trail of victims near the scene.

• Like 2

You need to upload the video audio to here Bigfoot and Other Ape Beasts Edited by Rewlahool

Not a werewoves head. A werewolf would change back to human forn when killed. Where was this located at

And a werewolf's head would be invisible, primarily because they are imaginary. :tu:

• Like 2

Wow from facebook huh.

Did it have 'lik if u luvs warwulf hedz ignor if u don't kare' written by it lol. Seriously tho. That's weird looking. It doesn't look like a normal bore to me. Is there a higher quality picture available at all. It looks like one of those long tusk pigs from the Congo I think.

Looks a lot like a pig to me. The teeth on domestic pigs varies greatly. It could even be somekind of wild/domestic hybrid, and thus be even harder to predict what the teeth and hair would look like. The long hair out the back is probably the mane being cut loose from the neck skin. The nose has also been collapsed, and looks easy to see that something is up with the nose.

If we could see the back of the skull, it would be easier to figure out.

Pigs have different premolars, the one visible on the picture looks like that of a bear or another carnivore.

Pigs (and other herbivores) also have very deep mandibles to house their massive masseter muscles. This skull has none of that. And the shape of its nasal opening is also more similar to that of a bear.

Edited by Clobhair-cean
  • Like 1

i guess the hunter said the body was too heavy to carry back so he cut the head off. he also had no camera which p***ed me off,

ive never seen a bear or heard about one in the area but there might be, i dont live in the bush so... lol . hunters here hunt deer and stuff, theres alot of hunters around this area that rent motel rooms like mad during the hunting seasons

I made fun of the indian hunter and told him that he should know a decade horse head when he sees one, but i really didnt think it was a horse lol

It could of been his wife? they do drink alot of booze around here, most of them do because there wives look alot like that hideous thing lol jp

anyways, hope you enjoyed it as much as i did

Edited by ShadowBoy86x

what do you think about the ear? is that normal for bears or whatever you think it is? it looks like its been somewhat cut off

*****new info just found, the corpse lol washed up on the shore of the river on walpole, so im thinkin the st clair river

Edited by ShadowBoy86x

Pigs have different premolars, the one visible on the picture looks like that of a bear or another carnivore.

Pigs (and other herbivores) also have very deep mandibles to house their massive masseter muscles. This skull has none of that. And the shape of its nasal opening is also more similar to that of a bear.

Oh yeah..... Hummm....

Could be a bear, I guess. My wife's grandfather has hunted a couple black bear in Washington and Alaska, and has the skulls mounted. So, I'm kind of familiar with what it should look like. The thing about this pic is that the jaw looks long to me, which could be an optical illusion from the stretched out skin. And the ears look too far back. But again that might be due to the skin having moved around.

Like you said those pre-molars do look more like a bear.

If that fence is made of 2 by 4s, then the length would be about right for a bear. And a little small for a pig/boar old enough to have teeth like that.

I am with clobhair on this one... half rotten black bear head... hence why it doesnt show the rest of the body as it would give away its identity... here is a news flash for you but things that have been dead awhile do not look the same as when they were alive... the closest thing that this resembles is that of a black bear.. here is a skull to compare the teeth/canines too as well as overall shape

post-129343-0-20892200-1358380595_thumb.

If this was submerged for some time, then probably the skin/fur is not where it would be on a live animal, things could have shifted while it was sloshed around on the edge of the water then picked up and carried for some distance, while being so decomposed. I see nothing very out of place for a half-rotten ear that could have been nibbled on.

The important bit is the skull and the teeth, because they are the least perishable parts, and those point to at least some carnivore, with a bear as the most probable contender for the owner.

• Like 1

If this was submerged for some time, then probably the skin/fur is not where it would be on a live animal, things could have shifted while it was sloshed around on the edge of the water then picked up and carried for some distance, while being so decomposed. I see nothing very out of place for a half-rotten ear that could have been nibbled on.

The important bit is the skull and the teeth, because they are the least perishable parts, and those point to at least some carnivore, with a bear as the most probable contender for the owner.

Thanks, Clobhair for knowing all the stuff you know. Kudos, man.

I would agree that belongs to a bear. What looks like the ear further back may be torn skin or such, but the canines and diastema behind the lower canines suggest a bear. There is an area shaped like a pentagon with a dimple-ish center, that is probably a shrunken eye. It is in the correct relative position.

Nose, eye and ear lie in almost a straight line on bears, so the ear is probably about midway from the eye and what looks to be an ear, but closer to the top of the head.

If there was some scale, could do a better ID. Could assume what lumber was used in the deck.

Edited by Insanity

The fence is the real mystery... 2 by 4 or something else??? Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......

• Like 1

Just saying having some sense of scale would be preferred. Too many people take pictures of objects they claim is unknown or mysterious and never include anything to be useful in determining scale. My guess is 2x6 for the piece it is sitting on.

• Like 1

The skull probably ends just before where the ear-like bit of torn flesh is, and that portion is likely the skin of the neck, with the vertebrae, neck muscles, trachea and esophagus removed or otherwise fallen out. Seen similar with deer heads that hunters remove in the field. That would account for the ring shape of it as well.

Given that with bears, the nose, eye and ear are in a roughly straight line, if that ear-like bit was an ear, the eye would be quite low, virtually on the jaw joint. Again, it's probably the skin from the neck.

Edited by Insanity

LMAO. Plus, it would've left a trail of victims near the scene.

that really kind of depends, if you study folklore, there's all different intentions that a werewolf could have. not saying they exist, of coarse, but if you go back to the early days, people that claimed to be a werewolf would say that they'd team up with witches to fight away the devil and demons. some tribes even wore wolf skin belts to "take the wolfs skill and fight like a beast during a war". Hollywood kind of took everything out of proportion when they started making werewolf movies. anyways, I'm not really sure what this is at all. I'll usually have a hard time saying an animal looks ugly, but this takes the cake.

Edited by Wolfman1993
  • Like 1