Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

Talion

According to a background briefer provided by the White House, President Barack Obama is asking doctors to help deal with guns. Here's the relevant passage:

http://www.weeklysta...uns_696121.html

Edited by Talion

DOnt be surprised when the next time your bent over in the doctors office to be asked how many "weapons" you own comes up in your next visit.

Edited by Talion

Obama just deputized the Doctors.... through the use of force.

Suppose a doctor refuses to ask a patient if they own any guns and the patient tells the GOV.

--yeah, their job is at risk.

That's called the use of force.

Suppose a doctor refuses to ask a patient if they own any guns and the patient tells the GOV.

No it isn't. Good lord.

• Like 2

lol, i doubt,

who is more credible, mental health doc, or his patient?

DOnt be surprised when the next time your bent over in the doctors office to be asked how many "weapons" you own comes up in your next visit.

I'd say that would be a confusing visit to the doctors for anyone going in to have their hemorriods looked at lol "So, do you normally pack heat?" ..." Well doc, they do burn a little and it is painful... "

• Like 7

let the witch hunts begin, we've came to new era, salem witchhuns and stalins reperession combined, reloaded, and upgraded. after all everything is bigger in usa.

i've said it would happen days before we knew what was in eo. and looking at other threads, we alredy see such "reporters", they already know a guy in the article would kill someone, without even knowing the guy, or even knowing if the article is even real.

you don't like yor neighbour, just drop a letter to your local leos, and they will give him at least trobbles, hey it worked in ussr diring stalins rain ,millions were shot and sent to siberia, if they were reported on, no one bothered to see if it was true, they were called enemy of the ppl. so goes for salems witch hunts.

According to a background briefer provided by the White House, President Barack Obama is asking doctors to help deal with guns. Here's the relevant passage:

PRESERVE THE RIGHTS OF HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS TO PROTECT THEIR PATIENTS AND COMMUNITIES FROM GUN VIOLENCE:
We should never ask doctors and other health care providers to turn a blind eye to the risks posed by guns in the wrong hands.

Clarify that no federal law prevents health care providers from warning law enforcement authorities about threats of violence:
Doctors and other mental health professionals play an important role in protecting the safety of their patients and the broader community by reporting direct and credible threats of violence to the authorities. But there is public confusion about whether federal law prohibits such reports about threats of violence. The Department of Health and Human Services is issuing a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits these reports in any way.

Protect the rights of health care providers to talk to their patients about gun safety:
Doctors and other health care providers also need to be able to ask about firearms in their patients’ homes and safe storage of those firearms, especially if their patients show signs of certain mental illnesses or if they have a young child or mentally ill family member at home. Some have incorrectly claimed that language in the
Affordable Care Act prohibits doctors from asking their patients about guns and gun safety. Medical groups also continue to fight against state laws attempting to ban doctors from asking these questions. The Administration will issue guidance clarifying that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit or otherwise regulate communication between doctors and patients, including about firearms.

Well yes, I can see where it says that doctors must notify law enforcement officials that their patient is annoyed and that they must be stripped of their guns...

Jeesh, it's an Executive Action that gives clarification to already in place laws.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs
  • Like 1

let the witch hunts begin, we've came to new era, salem witchhuns and stalins reperession combined, reloaded, and upgraded. after all everything is bigger in usa.

i've said it would happen days before we knew what was in eo. and looking at other threads, we alredy see such "reporters", they already know a guy in the article would kill someone, without even knowing the guy, or even knowing if the article is even real.

you don't like yor neighbour, just drop a letter to your local leos, and they will give him at least trobbles, hey it worked in ussr diring stalins rain ,millions were shot and sent to siberia, if they were reported on, no one bothered to see if it was true, they were called enemy of the ppl. so goes for salems witch hunts.

Drama%20Llama%2002.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

I think this is stupid, doctors have enough to worry about. Getting your diagnosis right, deciding the proper treatment, medication, etc.... In my opinion non of the current proposals are going to do a bit of good. If someone really wants a gun, they will find a way to get it. There are too many guns already out there on the streets. The only way to handle it is to tighten up security at schools and other public areas that might be at risk.

• Like 2

Mental health professionals have always had a duty to report patients who are violent or suicidal. I'm not sure what the issue is here. No one has said that they are restricted by law from doing this. If he seriously expects the average GP to ask about guns around my home I'd quickly tell him to mind his business and leave my home out of it. Ridiculous

• Like 1

Mental health professionals have always had a duty to report patients who are violent or suicidal. I'm not sure what the issue is here. No one has said that they are restricted by law from doing this. If he seriously expects the average GP to ask about guns around my home I'd quickly tell him to mind his business and leave my home out of it. Ridiculous

That's how I've always understood it. But if by chance I'm in for a physical or or a stress test and I'm asked about the contents in my home ill tell him the same thing.

If you refer back to Her Nibs post and the excerpt of the EO where this is discussed you will see that it is not ORDERING or REQUIRING doctors to do anything. All it does is ALLOW them to ask the question whereas before there was the perception they were not allowed to ask.