Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

23 Executive Actions for who?

Pyridium

Could you post what these 23 executive actions are? I didn't see his little speech.

I watched his Groundbreaking speech. Of course, most NRA Goons and Redknecks cannot understand any of it, they want free access to weapons designed only to fire the maximum number of rounds in the shortest time (not exactly your classic Game Hunting scenario is it??).

Background checks on EVERYONE buying a weapon - even private purchases, what is so wrong with that?? It takes away one avenue for Idiots and Criminals to purchase weapons (please note that I said "1 avenue")

I watched his Groundbreaking speech. Of course, most NRA Goons and Redknecks cannot understand any of it, they want free access to weapons designed only to fire the maximum number of rounds in the shortest time (not exactly your classic Game Hunting scenario is it??).

Background checks on EVERYONE buying a weapon - even private purchases, what is so wrong with that?? It takes away one avenue for Idiots and Criminals to purchase weapons (please note that I said "1 avenue")

Hunting? lol

Might want to learn why Americans want guns.... it sure as hell isn't for hunting. lol

nothing wrong at all, i don't mind it at all. knock yourself out.but tell me how does 7 bullets instead of 10 in MY (or anyone elses that obey the law) gun makes any difference.

nothing wrong at all, i don't mind it at all. knock yourself out.but tell me how does 7 bullets instead of 10 in MY (or anyone elses that obey the law) gun makes any difference.

7 bullets instead of 20 or 30 - now that makes a difference. Why do you even need 7 bullets in your clip???

Of course if you go to Obama's old district in Chicago, you won't see guns everywhere, nor impoverished people who can't speak a ******* word of English.

Or DC for that matter. Obama should clean up his backyard before he attacks the rest of the country.

Edited by Order66
  • Like 1

7 bullets instead of 20 or 30 - now that makes a difference. Why do you even need 7 bullets in your clip???

no the question was, and the law is, 7 bullets not as prevously 10. 20-30 already were illegal.lets not get into NEED debate, you'll lose there

You do realize that this really does nothing. After you expend the 7 rounds you can simply reload with a new mag. What does it matter why I want more than 7 rounds in the clip if I am obeying the law it doesnt matter. People that do these awful crimes are going to do them anyway whether they have a 7 clip mag or a 20 clip mag they will find a way to do what it is they do because they are sick. The bottom line is that these are isolated incidents that while horrible are not the norm, they are not even common place they are incredibly rare. Why go after guns so hard when more kids die while texting and driving, or drinking to much alchol, or in car accidents caused by excessive speeds. It really is a knee jerk reaction to something that while insanely horrible is an isolated incident in the grand scheme of things. Here are some links I found interesting about mass shootings

http://articles.lati...common-20121218

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=17978004

http://chronicle.com...mass-shootings/

Edited by Grey14

Because if you're in my home, I'm making sure you're not leaving healthy, if at all.

My handguns hold 15 and 17 rounds. They won't be taking them from me.

- Post removed -

Explain the law abiding citizens who already own said "Assault Weapons" who do not go on shooting sprees. I'm not seeing a problem there. Just because you own a military grade rifle does not mean you're going to go Rambo at a shopping mall. Your logic fails.

• Like 1

Explain the law abiding citizens who already own said "Assault Weapons" who do not go on shooting sprees. I'm not seeing a problem there. Just because you own a military grade rifle does not mean you're going to go Rambo at a shopping mall. Your logic fails.

Take them all away. Your logic fails because (according to you) they have never been needed. But enough have been used in countless shootings to make them extremely dangerous, and unnecessary

Take them all away. Your logic fails because (according to you) they have never been needed. But enough have been used in countless shootings to make them extremely dangerous, and unnecessary

Keith, from now on you will be referred to as "nanny state", anyone disagree?

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Keith, from now on you will be referred to as "nanny state", anyone disagree?

In other words... you also have nothing to suggest that will help to prevent such tragedies. You take ALL School shootings as Collateral Damage to your own weird desire to own guns and weapons that are only designed to kill people... Nice...

***SNIP***

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
personal attack.

Killing is extremely dangerous and unnecessary, law abiding citizens don't do that. Anything can kill. Need I link you to the petition to ban hammers and baseball bats? They've killed more people then any civilian with an assault rifle. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

In other words... you also have nothing to suggest that will help to prevent such tragedies. You take ALL School shootings as Collateral Damage to your own weird desire to own guns and weapons that are only designed to kill people... Nice...

Maybe we should ban everything used in the mass of violent crimes in the UK? Obviously they have found ways to improvise without having "assault weapons", so we can start by banning glass bottles and cutlery. Yes, lets's make everyone use plastic forks and knives as well.

Please explain to me (seriuosly and logically) how banning assault type weapons and magizines in excess of 10 rounds will reduce gun violence. I just want to know what is it going to do. Can you tell me that?

It's going to make them feel better. It won't change a damn thing, but they'll feel better.

• Like 1

And niether is you refering to anyone that disagrees with you a NRA fanatic or redneck.

Please explain to me (seriuosly and logically) how banning assault type weapons and magizines in excess of 10 rounds will reduce gun violence. I just want to know what is it going to do. Can you tell me that?

Let me turn that question on it's head...

Why, seriously, WHY does anyone need an Assault Weapon for any other reason than to actually decide to kill people?? A short barrel shot - gun is so more effective in personal defence

Maybe we should ban everything used in the mass of violent crimes in the UK? Obviously they have found ways to improvise without having "assault weapons", so we can start by banning glass bottles and cutlery. Yes, lets's make everyone use plastic forks and knives as well.

Maybe you should answer the question I put to you: "What would you propose to prevent these incidents"? Think outside of the box, think....

Why, seriously, WHY does anyone need an Assault Weapon for any other reason than to actually decide to kill people?? A short barrel shot - gun is so more effective in personal defence

Why does anyone need a 60' flat screen tv? Why does anyone need a 100k BMW? Why does someone need a 10k gold watch? Why does anyone need any of the things people like to buy or collect? Why someone may want one is irrelavent but it did allow you to avoid the question. So I will answer it for you. These new limits will do NOTHING to lessen Violent crimes.

• Like 2

Maybe you should answer the question I put to you: "What would you propose to prevent these incidents"? Think outside of the box, think....

I actually tend to agree with some of the things the president put forth earlier today. In each of these major gun related crimes, psychiatric drugs and conditioning through violent media were factors, this needs to be examined closely.

Edited by WoIverine

I actually tend to agree with some of the things the president put forth earlier today.

What do you agree with?

To rebel against a dictator. How would you rebel against a dictator? Ask him nicely (or her, i don't want to discriminate) to step down?

What do you agree with?

I'm not really seeing the harm in these:

1. Universal criminal background checks

2. National criminal database improvements.

3. Increases in mental health funding.

4. Federal gun violence research.

5. Anti-trafficking proposals.

Edited by WoIverine