Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

23 Executive Actions for who?

Pyridium

I'm not really seeing the harm in this:

"universal criminal background checks, national criminal database improvements, increases in mental health funding, federal gun violence research, and anti-trafficking proposals."

I would agree with this as well.

7 bullets instead of 20 or 30 - now that makes a difference. Why do you even need 7 bullets in your clip???

Just ordered a couple of 20 round magazines for my Beretta Storm. Thanks for making it click that I'd better order them now.

• Like 1

I'm not really seeing the harm in these:

1. Universal criminal background checks

2. National criminal database improvements.

3. Increases in mental health funding.

4. Federal gun violence research.

5. Anti-trafficking proposals.

Then we are not so different, except I would remove Military type Assault Weapons from the shopping list

Just ordered a couple of 20 round magazines for my Beretta Storm. Thanks for making it click that I'd better order them now.

Just childish... but I expect nothing more from you

I'm not really seeing the harm in these:

1. Universal criminal background checks

2. National criminal database improvements.

3. Increases in mental health funding.

4. Federal gun violence research.

5. Anti-trafficking proposals.

as long as they come with stiff fine recommendations in case of disobedience I see no harm either. The "assault rifle" and magazine part is just a placebo and more designed as window dressing than effective. Now, politics does not work without window dressing. I would add a national firearm database including firing pin, extractor and barrel markings, but it looks like nothing is perfect.

I would however want item 4 to be compiled of federal research and public research from different firms, represented by different parties. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Constitution, and even by the public itself (if possible) so as to safeguard the popluation from propagandized research. Let's get the real facts, ones that are not based on agendas.

‘Ban Hammers and Baseball Bats’

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-hammers-and-baseball-bats/qjmms8nG

In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618. In 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs. It's clearly time to take action on hammers and baseball bats.

• Like 1

we had tried all that, rifling markings, ejector, and firing pin, spent millions, the whole thing didn't help to solve single crime. it was abandoned.

not to mention revolvers don't leave shell on the floor.

we had tried all that, rifling markings, ejector, and firing pin, spent millions, the whole thing didn't help to solve single crime. it was abandoned.

not to mention revolvers don't leave shell on the floor.

Not quite (even if in some states the invention of the microscope seems to be unknown), in fact they solve around 40% of the murder cases with firearms and are a normal part of a crime scene investigation:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/ballistics/1.html

http://smartgunlaws.org/microstamping-ballistic-identification-policy-summary-2/

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/ballistics-theuse-and-study-of-firearms.html

http://www.cengagesites.com/academic/assets/sites/4827/bertino_chapter2.pdf

the problem lies in that most guns are never checked, if done so the solving would get much higher, especially if there is a database of gun owners.

- post removed -

Now how can anyone take you serious when you have this bias and wrong impression of gun ownership? You should do your own research and come to your own conclusions rather than relying on the propaganda that is spoon fed to you. I live right outside of NYC and far from being a redneck, I just don't like the fact that the federal Government can come along and tell me and everyone else what to do while at the same time being 110% hypocritical of the very things they hate and want banned.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before but Stalin and Hitler started with gun control and a few others... Think that's all that needs to be said...

• Like 1

You really have no answer do you?? You really do not understand why these tragedies happen do you? You have NO plan for reducing these types of tragedies do you? You probably think "Deliverance" was a film supporting the NRA and Redknecks....

Fool

You're being foolish and in your world you would be the first to squeal like a pig. Those hillbillies had guns. That's why he squealed.

What is your plan to stop criminals from being criminals? Because that's the only thing that would work. Ooh, I better not carry more than seven bullets to my murder spree. That would be illegal. You have no logic the matter and so long as guns and criminals will always be around good people will have no choice other than to fight fire with fire. The other choice is not to fight and evil prevails most when unopposed.

See you are still on the forum... what wonderful, considered , epithets do you have for us now. By the way, "f off" is not inspiring to a debate

Redneck, fool, idiot and general liberal berating words are very inspiring. Please continue.

You're probably lucky to even find any. I was looking to increase my number of 30 round PMAGS for my AR. Every place is either sold out or they are going for a premium. Luckily my ammo stash is in good shape. Ammo shelves are empty everywhere.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before but Stalin and Hitler started with gun control and a few others... Think that's all that needs to be said...

Many times it has. Thing is, that was history and it couldn't possibly repeat itself.

• Like 1

Stupid me, I always thought it was Napoleon. And no, Hitler did not. Gun control started in Germany when it was not a country but a allied occupation zone and free again when West Germany became a country again, except that guns had to be registered. In fact, until the 70s it was easier to get a gun in Germany than it was in the States. That only changed when the German Anarchists started their terror spree.

In the time before WWI there was a firearm restriction, but during Adolf's time more Germans had a private gun than they ever did before, or ever would again.

Not quite (even if in some states the invention of the microscope seems to be unknown), in fact they solve around 40% of the murder cases with firearms and are a normal part of a crime scene investigation:

http://www.trutv.com...llistics/1.html

http://smartgunlaws....licy-summary-2/

http://www.explorefo...f-firearms.html

http://www.cengagesi...no_chapter2.pdf

the problem lies in that most guns are never checked, if done so the solving would get much higher, especially if there is a database of gun owners.

you can interpret it anyway you want, but we had such program and it failed, and leos, not NRA, pushed to abandon it.that is all i need to know. but hey you are welcome to go to la south central, or harlem ny, or dekalb ga, and take all gang members gun prints, show us how it is done. i'm sure ms13, bloods, 18sg...etc would be very happy to comply. we olny have 800 000 active gang members, in usa, that we know of, not too many.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

You're probably lucky to even find any. I was looking to increase my number of 30 round PMAGS for my AR. Every place is either sold out or they are going for a premium. Luckily my ammo stash is in good shape. Ammo shelves are empty everywhere.

Just as I'm reading this, I get an email saying they're on back-order. :angry:

lucky ppl, i can't even buy 10 rounds mag in ny state now.

well if i can't have 20 rounds in a mag, and all i can is 7, than i need 3 guns with 7 round in each. lol

• Like 1

Stupid me, I always thought it was Napoleon. And no, Hitler did not. Gun control started in Germany when it was not a country but a allied occupation zone and free again when West Germany became a country again, except that guns had to be registered. In fact, until the 70s it was easier to get a gun in Germany than it was in the States. That only changed when the German Anarchists started their terror spree.

In the time before WWI there was a firearm restriction, but during Adolf's time more Germans had a private gun than they ever did before, or ever would again.

I stand corrected on Hitler but I think you get my point. I'm not a historian but I do try to pay attention.

This article addresses German firearms laws and Nazi policies and practices

to disarm German citizens, particularly political opponents and Jews. It begins with

an account of post-World War I chaos, which led to the enactment in 1928 by the

liberal Weimar republic of Germany’s first comprehensive gun control law. Next, the

Nazi seizure of power in 1933 was consolidated by massive searches and seizures of

firearms from political opponents, who were invariably described as “communists.”

After five years of repression and eradication of dissidents, Hitler signed a new gun

control law in 1938, which benefitted Nazi party members and entities, but denied

firearm ownership to enemies of the state. Later that year, in Kristallnacht (the Night

of the Broken Glass), in one fell swoop, the Nazi regime disarmed Germany’s Jews.

Without any ability to defend themselves, the Jewish population could easily be sent

to concentration camps for the Final Solution. After World War II began, Nazi

authorities continued to register and mistrust civilian firearm owners, and German

resistence to the Nazi regime was unsuccessful.7

http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/article-nazilaw.pdf

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

lucky ppl, i can't even buy 10 rounds mag in ny state now.

well if i can't have 20 rounds in a mag, and all i can is 7, than i need 3 guns with 7 round in each. lol

I do feel sorry for the folks in NY. 7 rounds is just plain pathetic.