Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama signs 23 Executive Orders on GunControl

acidhead

I have no hate in me for Bush or Obama..

This really isn't about hate or even Presidents of questionable character. But of oppression (and you should be aware of that) and the usurping of long cherished principles. At least the first baby steps toward fulfillment.

This really isn't about hate or even Presidents of questionable character. But of oppression (and you should be aware of that) and the usurping of long cherished principles. At least the first baby steps toward fulfillment.

I know there are a lot of Obama haters and ironically a good number of them are those that on one hand preach about their saviour and love everyone.. But the second you see them talk politics, off come the gloves and out with the axe.. I am not aiming this at you, I am however telling you like I see it for so many I did read Some sites are a lot worse and post their hate with a side order of racism . I know there are other reasons as to why others will not agree or like the idea of him in the white house, like his policies and so on..But I am not talking about every last one of you.. I do see a lot of anger and hate from a good few I do read, I cannot deny that.. A lot of the hate I see is hypocritical

If for example.. A new flash from Sky News or CNN ..It featured Obama saying you all have the rights to bare arms and we will never take away your rights .. I will bank that the haters will still yap and complain about him and make it look as if he was lying or whatever it is they get their undies in a twist over Some will post up idiot statements like - "I bet he has an evil agenda..I'm not buy it ".. Another idiot statement would be - Ahh but he is the anti christ.. Those statements usually come from those who are not that bright and full of hate..... My point is.. it doesn't matter what that man says or does, the haters are their with pitchforks

• Like 1

Think there needs to be some firm definitions on just what is being talked about, otherwise there could be a rather wide net being spread. Though most of what Obama is putting forward seem fine.

Background checks? Umm...shouldn't that already being happening? Seems like a damn good idea to make sure someone is stable before giving them a gun.

Ban assault rifles? Well need to define just what will be viewed as an assault rifle.

Limits on ammo clips. While I'm not sure about the need to have a bunch of bullets in one clip, I also don't think banning them will do any good.

Armour piercing bullets? Well need to define what those are but yeah keep those off the street.

Hire more cops? Sounds good.

Nail gun trafficers? Well yeah people who break the law should be punished.

Tracking guns used in crimes? Doesn't sounds so bad. Biggest worry there would be the cost vs the benefit.

Not having cops give guns to criminals? Duh.

Giving the ATF a boss. Again duh.

The whole gun age thing is a touch iffy. Was rather fun firing off that WW1 Lee-Enfield rifle.

Talking about ways to lower gun crime. Ok.

More databases. Again need to watch the cost vs benefit.

Better training for those who use guns? Well...yeah. Oh and fyi this will mean more ammo will be bought so don't freak out when this happens. ;)

Research is never bad, though I question some of their focus. Violent video games aren't just in America.

Clarifying when people should report possible crimes and what doctors can talk about. Clarification is always a good thing.

Developing and promoting gun safety? Hell yes.

Giving schools more resources, including giving them cops it seems. Doesn't seem so bad.

Making sure schools have plans for an emergency. Well...yeah.

Safer climate in schools? Sounds like a feel good measure that might not seem much benefit.

Then the rest covers for focus on mental health, which many pro-gun activites have been pushing. As long as they just don't throw pills at the problem should be ok.

All in all what's being put forward doesn't seem that bad and a lot of it involves things I would have thought was already being done.

Edited by Corp
  • Like 2

All in all what's being put forward doesn't seem that bad and a lot of it involves things I would have thought was already being done.

Not if the NRA can help it

Obama signs 23 Executive Orders on Gun Control

Jan. 16, 2013 http://us.cnn.com/20....html?hpt=hp_c1

130116122807-obama-signing-0116-c1-main.jpg

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama on Wednesday proposed background checks on all gun sales and bans on military style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines as part of a package of steps to reduce gun violence in the wake of the Newtown school massacre last month.

continued...

Just curious...

Weren't the 'birthers' roundly criticized for wanting to do 'background checks' on Barack Obama?

Seems hypocritical of him to want back ground info on YOU but for him to become POTUS he didn't have to provide you with his own information(except an autobiography novel, of course) And now he just sign an executive order with the use of force to provide back ground checks on YOU!

I know, I know... the same ole people will say, "If you have nothing to hide or fear you'll pass the tests... er, I mean back ground checks......

Weird how this President continues to get a free pass at every turn.

Good job Barry.

Amen brother! These murderous and nosy b******* should start their dirty work in the Pentagon, the military, the FBI, the CIA, and police departments nationwide.

And with several comments we have seen here, looks like they were sucessful in brainwashing many.

I wouldn't go that far. But I agree that Holder's agenda is pretty clear and that it only coincides with Obama's EOs.

Think there needs to be some firm definitions on just what is being talked about, otherwise there could be a rather wide net being spread. Though most of what Obama is putting forward seem fine.

Background checks? Umm...shouldn't that already being happening? Seems like a damn good idea to make sure someone is stable before giving them a gun.

Ban assault rifles? Well need to define just what will be viewed as an assault rifle.

Limits on ammo clips. While I'm not sure about the need to have a bunch of bullets in one clip, I also don't think banning them will do any good.

Armour piercing bullets? Well need to define what those are but yeah keep those off the street.

Tracking guns used in crimes? Doesn't sounds so bad. Biggest worry there would be the cost vs the benefit.

The whole gun age thing is a touch iffy. Was rather fun firing off that WW1 Lee-Enfield rifle.

Better training for those who use guns? Well...yeah. Oh and fyi this will mean more ammo will be bought so don't freak out when this happens. ;)

Research is never bad, though I question some of their focus. Violent video games aren't just in America.

Clarifying when people should report possible crimes and what doctors can talk about. Clarification is always a good thing.

Giving schools more resources, including giving them cops it seems. Doesn't seem so bad.

Safer climate in schools? Sounds like a feel good measure that might not seem much benefit.

Then the rest covers for focus on mental health, which many pro-gun activites have been pushing. As long as they just don't throw pills at the problem should be ok.

I see nothing wrong with that list...

It is good that we are very wary of the possibility of the government taking away guns, and it is also good that we recognize that the first step Nazi Germany took towards this end was having people register their guns. We need to keep a watchful eye on government and not allow them to overstep. That being said, a LOT of the fears people have about the government taking away our guns is overblown. Why you ask? Because this is AMERICA and we have it ingrained in our heads that we have a right to own guns, hundreds of millions of us already own guns, and the government is going to open a pandora's box if they try to take them away. That is our best defense against them, to make them afraid of the consequences of attempting to do so.

We are a LONG ways away from becoming the Wiemar republic and this should be obvious to anyone who knows history. But these discussions we have are having are excellent, and are making people go back and relearn/re-assess history. This will be healthy in the long term for all of us to remember the past and simply be remembering the past we will already be taking steps to ensure that we do not repeat it. The only thing that I absolutely do not agree with is the ban on so called 'assault' weapons and especially large round capacity magazines. Two reason. Number one reason is that what we call assault weapons are no more than glorified rifles that are scary looking, they are no more deadly than any semi-auto hunting rifle, but because they appear to the layman to be more dangerous LOOKING they are being banned. You do not need one of these weapons to commit a mass killing, this is nothing more that government pandering to the demands for action by uninformed and ignorant citizens who are afraid of the appearance of these weapons and the word, "assault". Secondly the high round capacity magazines are much less reliable, and with a little training you can easily just swap out multiple low round capacity magazines and only lose a second or two of time in between anyways, and have a much less risk of the gun jamming in doing so.

Now we all need to realize that our military is made up of our citizens and have strong ties to civilians and are much more educated then the militarily of say Nazi Germany. They are not being blatantly brainwashed and they more than anyone keep a watchful eye on government. Plus they are some of the staunchest gun rights supporters. Government tries to take our guns away, our soldiers will not stand for it and they could wind up with mutiny all across the board. So just relax people, keep informed, keep an eye out, but relax because they have tremendous obstacles to overcome that they are not even close to overcoming. Nazi Germany did not have these obstacles.

It is true that government has nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, biological weapons, rockets, explosives, laser guided bombs, tanks, fighter jets, bombers, etc. and it is easy to argue that a puny assault rifle is of no use against that. Remember that the best weapon of war still to this day is the individual soldier with his rifle and a cause worth fighting for. Never forget that. Our rights to own guns should never be taken away, because the government needs to be made to fear us, not the other way around. Also remember that some of the worst atrocities ever committed in history were done with the best of intentions. No laws will stop insane people from committing insane and horrible crimes. It is up to all of is, we the people, to stop the bullying, stop the hatred, stop the fear that is tearing us apart. It is up to us. Because ultimately what happens to this country is our responsibility, not the responsibility of government, we have the power in this country and it is time that we act like it and take the responsibility for it. It is not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for your country.

neither do i, it is what not on the list worries me.

I understand, I guess your main worry would likely be too many magpies

I have no problem with anything proposed. Neither does my gun toting, Republican husband. And I'm pretty sure it causes him physical pain to agree with President Obama.

Nibs

• Like 2

His proposals are Federal level changes. The kick in the nuts will be at the state level. Itleast for several if not many states as they enact there own stricter gun laws. Obama is only trying to put forth legislation he thinks can squeek past the House/Senate. Then hes gonna let the States hammer gun control. I reference NY as a prime example of what this is process is looking like.

Edited by AsteroidX