Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two people haveing the same dream?

Alij

DO you or know someone who has had a dream same as another person on the SAME night? Ive heard and have had friends tell me this but does it really happen? ANy scientific studies show on this? What about celebrities? (and yes Im serious here) if you have a dream about a celebrity does that man tha he/she also dreamt about you as well?

• Like 1

My previous partner had very vivid dreams. She would often wake up screaming that there was someone/something in the room that she had seen in her dream. I put this down to part of her brain still being asleep when she "woke up". This happend a few times with different entities, once she saw two men in lab coats "examining" me while i was still sleeping.

On about the fourth occasion when she woke up startled with a yell, i barely opened my eyes and said to her "it's alright, theres nothing there" then went straight back to sleep. The next morning when at work i was thinking about the night before and i remembered seeing the outline of something in the room when i woke up. I drew a picture, and showed it to her when i got home (i can only discribe it as something like grimmace from the McDonalds franchise). She immediately recognized it as what she had seen the previous night.

I have no explaination, other than shared dreaming, as i don't believe in the existance of Grimmace ghosts

• Like 1

hmm well I respect your beliefe, to me tho it honestly sounds like (in my oppinion) she could see spirits/ghosts yet for some reason only when she was asleep maybe she was astral traveling or something and saw someone or something. Then one night while you are half asleep, your energy at its peak and your mind thinking you are still asleep, you were Astraling as well and saw it to. This is just a guess tho.....Buuut I CAN completely see it as shared dreaming as well

• Like 1

Hi,

It is my understanding that shared dreams are very commonplace. Dream study experts speak about those things all the time.

Now when two people know each other in physical reality, mutual recall is much more likely than when those involved are strangers.

Celebrities must have dreams with many of their admirers. It would be interesting to ask one of them some time.

John

hmm well I respect your beliefe, to me tho it honestly sounds like (in my oppinion) she could see spirits/ghosts yet for some reason only when she was asleep maybe she was astral traveling or something and saw someone or something. Then one night while you are half asleep, your energy at its peak and your mind thinking you are still asleep, you were Astraling as well and saw it to. This is just a guess tho.....Buuut I CAN completely see it as shared dreaming as well

Well she did used to see "demons" when she was a little girl, but she put that down as being brought up in a very strict JW religious family where the bible is taken literally and hell and demons where spoken about.

I've had what I think could have been mutual dreams with both of my kids. Because they are small though and don't have the same amount of dream recall it's hard to determine sometimes. There is a thread in here somewhere about mutual dreams, I'll go take a look for it.

Here it is..

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235513

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1

Me and my daughter had the same dream one night and she also dreamed the same experience I had in a meditation the same night as I had it. Another time her and a friend of hers had the same dream on the same night. She seems to have pretty vivid dreams so I always pay attention when she tells me about them. I try to get her to analyze them as well but I don't over burden her with it.

My mother in law and I had the same prophetic dream the same night, verified by her husband, my father in law about my husband and this was before I knew anything about being psychic or that I was. I was 18. I'll never forget it. I do believe it saved my husband's life.

Also as I mentioned in the other thread about the demon trying to posess me last month, the same day that happened one of my best friends had a dream that what was happening to me happened to her AND another of my (spiritually connected) friends was going through something in the physical world that had to do with a bad spirit and the daughter of the friend who had a dream about my situation had a dream about that situation... and all that stuff happened in the very same week. The mother and daughter who had the dreams are all the way across the country, not that it really matters I guess when dealing with dreams but there is a great physical distance between us. So the spiritual world is definately associated with the dream world and we have spiritual ties with more than just our blood family. We have a spiritual family too.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Also when I was young I was asleep and my normal dream was interupted by a vision of my father. I saw his face, he was screaming and then he fell. When I woke up in the morning my mom told me he was in the hospital and had had an angina attack. They were divorced so this happened at his house (I didnt live with him) but we got a phone call about it.

Edited by SpiritWriter