Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witnesses baffled by UFOs over Michigan

Saru

stop baiting Boony :P

Now who would do a thing like that? :whistle:;)

Besides, I told them and I told them, do not ever let Furfringl navigate. S/he can't cross a room without getting lost. Oh, well, at least s/he managed to get the right planet this time. Wrong region but the right planet.

Is this the best we are going to get by way of explanation??

I didnt offer an explanation, I said that the eye-witness testimony sounded like a formation flight, thats what it looks like at night, that how they fly in formation, in the shape of a triangle.

if so then I may as well throw another into the mix ...Venus maybe :innocent:

Pathetic.

I thought this thread would have got going a lot better than it has!?!?

Why in the world would you (anyone) expect that!? Lights in the sky are just that, nothing more, nothing less.

If you want "better" maybe you should get yourself another hobby,... This is as good as UFOology gets. Live with it.

I didnt offer an explanation, I said that the eye-witness testimony sounded like a formation flight, thats what it looks like at night, that how they fly in formation, in the shape of a triangle.

so saying the eye witness testimony sounds like a formation flight is not suggesting that this is what it could be? Anyhow why stick to testimony alone when you have the videos? clearly not a formation flight....

do you think the video looked like a formation?

Pathetic.

:cry: ok maybe I should look into the case more before making pathetic suggestions

Why in the world would you (anyone) expect that!? Lights in the sky are just that, nothing more, nothing less.

nothing more? yes they are something...light generally has a source, no?

If you want "better" maybe you should get yourself another hobby,... This is as good as UFOology gets. Live with it.

I am not the one waiting around a forum for an alien corpse with full analysis on biological make up to be posted.....I think that we wont find that here as I am sure its hard to upload a physical body onto a forum.......anything less doesnt count as scientific proof, which is what you require, right?......so I am ok with what I am doing, I dont think I am wasting my time as I am realistic about what I may find here.

• Like 2

Official explanation, "_______ National Air Guard dropping flares"

Yes and top secret airplanes, latterns, flying bigfoot, zombie invasion, swamp water and loads of search lights.. :D

• Like 1

I know it is solid between the light because I could see it against the night sky. Just like you can see your hand against the night sky. I absolutely saw it...not just it's lights. Hope you believe me...because it's true. But if you don't I guess you'll have to wait until your turn!

• Like 1

What people really need to do when they see a possible "triangle" is take a picture with the shutter speed open longer. Any decent camera will be able to affect the shutter speed on the camera. The "click" sound as you take a picture is the shutter. If you tell the camera to leave it open for longer more light will hit the sensor making the resulting picture see more at night. Any light will be exagerated and in theory the trangle should stand out against the night sky. I doubt anyone will be doing this anytime soon though

• Like 1

so saying the eye witness testimony sounds like a formation flight is not suggesting that this is what it could be? Anyhow why stick to testimony alone when you have the videos? clearly not a formation flight....

do you think the video looked like a formation?

Yes, it looked (and sounded) very much like a formation of lights. Saying that ET is involved is speculation, at best.

nothing more? yes they are something...light generally has a source, no?

But why does it have to be ET? This one can be explained with other, more terrestrial means. Until something better is brought to the table Occams razor should be applied.

I am not the one waiting around a forum for an alien corpse with full analysis on biological make up to be posted.....I think that we wont find that here as I am sure its hard to upload a physical body onto a forum.......anything less doesnt count as scientific proof, which is what you require, right?......so I am ok with what I am doing, I dont think I am wasting my time as I am realistic about what I may find here

Im glad you are happy with speculation and opinion on what some of these reported UFOs might represent,... because that is as far as you will ever get when it comes to this type of "evidence".

I find it amazing that this topic (lights in the sky) is so frequently debated, especially when critically minded people have the opportunity to actually research what it could, and should, in theory, be (we have many things that can emit light that is made here on Earth, you know?) Do that and you should be able to arrive at a reasonable conclusion. Not as exciting or exotic as ET star ship, I know, but at some point we have to raise the bar for what constitutes evidence,... Yes, even in this matter.

The fact is, no one is a relaible source in substantiation of the idea that aliens have been here, or are here. There is no empirical evidence available in support of the hypothesis, simply heresay and alot of supposition, assumption, unsubstantiated sightings, and on occassion downright falsification .

That fact of course does not discount the possibility. However, it most assuredly does not substantiate it as fact.

Yes, it looked (and sounded) very much like a formation of lights. Saying that ET is involved is speculation, at best.

so you think the lights in the video looked like a formation of lights now? yes I agree, but people shouldnt let the word 'formation' indicate airplanes flying in some sort of V shape, as the video does not show this.

Also you see how your phrasing is now 'formation of lights' as opposed to the original

Sound like aircraft flying in formation to me.

which is the post I originally responded to. A formation of lights I agree with as long as we dont assume a V shape as implied by the word formation, a formation of airplanes I dont.

But why does it have to be ET? This one can be explained with other, more terrestrial means. Until something better is brought to the table Occams razor should be applied.

why invoke ET? I never..... this is your doing.

Occams razor suggests airplanes does it...in your opinion?

Im glad you are happy with speculation and opinion on what some of these reported UFOs might represent,... because that is as far as you will ever get when it comes to this type of "evidence".

no not so much the speculation, I just like picking up the bits and pieces and forming a picture of what I think. And yes without scientific evidence it is just opinion, which is why I ask what more are you expecting from a forum....an uploaded alien corpse?

let me re-phrase, what could be presented on a forum to constitute conclusive evidence, for you to be convinced?

I find it amazing that this topic (lights in the sky) is so frequently debated, especially when critically minded people have the opportunity to actually research what it could, and should, in theory, be (we have many things that can emit light that is made here on Earth, you know?) Do that and you should be able to arrive at a reasonable conclusion. Not as exciting or exotic as ET star ship, I know, but at some point we have to raise the bar for what constitutes evidence,... Yes, even in this matter.

again not sure of question here or its relevance and seems just another chance to invoke ET. The only question in the above I can find is that 'many things emit light here on earth'...yes of course this is obvious hence why I am unsure of point.

The fact is, no one is a relaible source in substantiation of the idea that aliens have been here, or are here. There is no empirical evidence available in support of the hypothesis, simply heresay and alot of supposition, assumption, unsubstantiated sightings, and on occassion downright falsification .

ok yes, again not sure what this is addressing or the point, just another use of 'aliens' ???

That fact of course does not discount the possibility. However, it most assuredly does not substantiate it as fact.

???

anyways back to topic, what do you think it is Hazz and why? :tu::alien:

at 2.15ish on the video it does look like a plane BTW.

having a dig into this now trying to find original videos or any further imagery etc

46.jpg

*sigh*

Some people see and record/report this type of sighting. I see aircraft flying in formation,... some see a V-shaped craft, and some see a black triangle.

Also, If invoking ET/alien in your speculation scares you that much, may I ask - What kind of "picture" do you make of the "bits and pieces" in this case?

Edited by Hazzard

46.jpg

*sigh*

where is this picture from Hazz?

Some people see and record/report this type of sighting. I see aircraft flying in formation,... some see a V-shaped craft, and some see a black triangle.

me, I see 5 lights

Also, If invoking ET/alien in your speculation scares you that much, may I ask - What kind of "picture" do you make of the "bits and pieces" in this case?

scares me? that much? :gun: not at all, I just dont see why we jump to ET.

so again for the record, I never suggested ET nor did I ever state invoking such scared me.

If I was to speculate then the first images could be distant plane with falling firework or flare from what looks like above the light(plane) but could be much closer to camera causing illusion. The images at around 2.15 I think looks like an airplane with lights on wings plus flashing light in centre.

Then lots of lights together not sure, could be planes, same with triangle of lights...could be planes.

I would like to know length of video? if more than one? and the times all were shot... etc etc

at 2.15ish on the video it does look like a plane BTW.

having a dig into this now trying to find original videos or any further imagery etc

It looked nothing like a plane

I just dont see why we jump to ET.

If I was to speculate then the first images could be distant plane with falling firework or flare from what looks like above the light(plane) but could be much closer to camera causing illusion. The images at around 2.15 I think looks like an airplane with lights on wings plus flashing light in centre.

Then lots of lights together not sure, could be planes, same with triangle of lights...could be planes.

I would like to know length of video? if more than one? and the times all were shot... etc etc

I get the strangest feeling of Déjà vu,... as if you and I have done this before. :unsure2:

Argue about something, but in the end it seems like we are on the same page after all.

Argue about something, but in the end it seems like we are on the same page after all.

Hi, Hazzard. Been a while!

In a away you both are on the same page, just on different sides of the fence. Quillius is one of the very, very few Ufologists to actually look at a sighting or whatever and not automatically jump to ET. Instead, he's more like "Oh, this is cool. I wonder what it is," and really digs in to find answers. Boony, Bade, Psyche and I all enjoy discussions with him for that reason if no other.

Hey, kludge,... a while indeed. Hope everything is ok with you.

Yes, I keep forgetting how close to the fence (really close) (almost on it) quillius really is. I wish more of UFOology was like that.

I think that would help washing away some of the stigma attached to the subject matter.

Hey, kludge,... a while indeed. Hope everything is ok with you.

Well, my psychonanny keeps letting me come home again so I guess that's good. OTOH, she did up my med load which may be why she lets me come home again. Noelle's doing as well as can be expected and the weather here is freakin' COLD ... well, cold for Hawaii. :P

Yes, I keep forgetting how close to the fence (really close) (almost on it) quillius really is. I wish more of UFOology was like that. I think that would help washing away some of the stigma attached to the subject matter.

Oh, yeah. He's got as much use for the woo woo crowd as we do. Maybe less, come to think of it. Unfortunately there are more of them than there are of real researchers like Quillius and they tend to crowd out the honest work.

Quillius, come out and defend yourself, man! :D

I am not going to argue that it is aliens. I think it is man made. However I sure did see one up close and clearly. I know what I saw and I believe it is only a matter of time before the skeptics in this forum see one for themselves. And I can't wait to see you join the club of knowing the truth and what you will say then. These are flying all over the place. Watch the sky! I can for absolute sure tell you the one I saw was a solid triangle.... Not a formation. It was right above me and close. I saw it and its lights. Not just distant lights.

Well, my psychonanny keeps letting me come home again so I guess that's good. OTOH, she did up my med load which may be why she lets me come home again. Noelle's doing as well as can be expected and the weather here is freakin' COLD ... well, cold for Hawaii. :P

Oh quit whining,... Hawaii, freakin cold, my butt. You should try Sweden in January, now THAT is cold.

Quillius, come out and defend yourself, man! :D

There it is,... thats just the thing, how it starts. Quillius jumps in somewhere flaiming shooting his mouth and then slowly backs out doing the "I never said it was ET" routine.

Wont fall for that one again. :D

Oh quit whining,... Hawaii, freakin cold, my butt. You should try Sweden in January, now THAT is cold.

Well, it's cold for us! Sweden in January wouldn't be "cold" it would be FREAKIN FREEZING :w00t: for us hot blooded islanders!!

I am not going to argue that it is aliens. I think it is man made. However I sure did see one up close and clearly. I know what I saw and I believe it is only a matter of time before the skeptics in this forum see one for themselves. And I can't wait to see you join the club of knowing the truth and what you will say then. These are flying all over the place. Watch the sky! I can for absolute sure tell you the one I saw was a solid triangle.... Not a formation. It was right above me and close. I saw it and its lights. Not just distant lights.

i seen something very similar only the triangle came outta a meteor. the back two lights came got wider apart and it blocked out the stars behind it. im not the only person who seen it so i know it wasnt a hallucination or a LSD flachback. it was a life changing expierence, and i have seen some ****ed up **** in my life. I have lived in a country with civil war and seen a gas refinery blow up and it had way less impact than seeing a star destroyer sized thing come out of a meteor.

I moved here to get away from weather like that. :yes:

There it is,... thats just the thing, how it starts. Quillius jumps in somewhere flaiming shooting his mouth and then slowly backs out doing the "I never said it was ET" routine.

Wont fall for that one again. :D

ROFL ... good point. Now if the rest of the crew would show up it'd be like old times.

For me slow moving that is man made, very fast, an alien made.

Wow, you sure have set the bar high when it comes to the evidence. :rolleyes:

Cool - It does sound like black triangles again...

ExoPaul - Interesting points & questions....

Others going on about the 'lights' - What if the lights are the mode of propulsion?... No choice...

Mega zombie - I WISH!!! Not in Australia though :(

Is there concrete evidence that proves the Big Bang created the universe and an Asteroid impact killed the Dinosaurs?

making a point.

• Like 1