Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witnesses baffled by UFOs over Michigan

Saru

Is there concrete evidence that proves the Big Bang created the universe and an Asteroid impact killed the Dinosaurs?

making a point.

Smart man! Not looking at some scientific speculation ( like in ufology ) but rather looking at whole picture. You made a damn good point! +1

Smart man! Not looking at some scientific speculation ( like in ufology ) but rather looking at whole picture. You made a damn good point! +1

Questioning woo woo claims (instead of looking for the stuff that supports your preconceived notion) is a good thing.

Why dont you try it sometime.

Is there concrete evidence that proves the Big Bang created the universe and an Asteroid impact killed the Dinosaurs?

making a point.

We have only hearsay evidence you are male and live in the Midwest. Your point being?

• Like 1

making a point.

That is the very reason that theories change with new evidence. So far the evidence uncovered supports the Big Bang theory at least. The asteroid impact killing off the dinosaurs is actually being contested by a few other interesting, and more likely in my opinion, theories. Alien visitation has yet to move beyond the hypothesis stage yet as the evidence just isn't solid enough, regardless of how some might think it is.

at 2:06 in the video the guy describes the triangle with lights. Im fairly certain thats ours . The rumor mill has it that its a triangular blimp type craft. Its been seen all over America and Ive seen it close up myself over my property although it didnt look the stuff in the video completely.

That said thing about the UFO conspiracy is that our government is doing much stuff now filed under "Top Secret" its very difficult to pick whats just them or whats a truly "UFO" sighting.

I mean it amazes me where our government has gone as far as techno advances This one has been misidentified as UFO in a couple cases on the West Coast: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14/ufos-over-michigan-baffle-eyewitnesses_n_2473906.html

any news yet guys or updates?

can someone please help me keep as updated as possible ill do my part of course and keep myself as updated but can someone else send me more info just case i missed something important

It's hard saying exactly what it is, especially with how secretive the government is. personally, I believe that if the government was testing planes that they plan on keeping SECRET, they'd do it some where out in the desert, where the whole world wouldnt see the planes and be all "oh! hey! governement plane!"

That is the very reason that theories change with new evidence.So far the evidence uncovered supports the Big Bang theory at least.

Are you sure that you chose the correct example of 'scientific superiority over eyewitness interpretation' S2F?....I agree with you about many things my friend, including the cause of the dinosaur extinction, but though I am not a religious man , I will post this link anyway as Duane Gish perfectly encapsulates the dangers of making statements such that.....

http://www.icr.org/article/big-bang-theory-collapses/

...and a couple of the many supporting links....

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/scientists-gather-proof-against-big-bang-in-older-stars/756519

http://www.conservapedia.com/Big_Bang_theory#Scientific_Criticism

http://www.bigbangneverhappened.org/

...contrary to popular belief by 'some' posters on this forum, I am by no means closed-minded to the absolute wonders of science and it's necessity for man's progress, but I also recognise the limitations of contemporary-man's knowledge, and that much of what we are taught in today's science class is no more than 'current-scientific speculation' that is just as likely to become tomorrows mocking-fodder as our ancestors religious beliefs.

Cheers buddy.

Are you sure that you chose the correct example of 'scientific superiority over eyewitness interpretation' S2F?....I agree with you about many things my friend, including the cause of the dinosaur extinction, but though I am not a religious man , I will post this link anyway as Duane Gish perfectly encapsulates the dangers of making statements such that.....

http://www.icr.org/a...eory-collapses/

...and a couple of the many supporting links....

http://www.indianexp...er-stars/756519

http://www.conservap...tific_Criticism

http://www.bigbangneverhappened.org/

...contrary to popular belief by 'some' posters on this forum, I am by no means closed-minded to the absolute wonders of science and it's necessity for man's progress, but I also recognise the limitations of contemporary-man's knowledge, and that much of what we are taught in today's science class is no more than 'current-scientific speculation' that is just as likely to become tomorrows mocking-fodder as our ancestors religious beliefs.

Cheers buddy.

I know the Big Bang theory isn't universally popular (if you'll pardon the pun) however being a theory means it is open to change via new evidence. If new evidence is found to challenge BB or even disprove it then I consider that a good thing, in the name of progress and all that. I know that science isn't all seeing and there are considerable gaps in our knowledge, in that sense every scientific theory is very much a work in progress. We have to draw a line somewhere though and apply what we know against what we don't and so far the BB explains more than any other theory put forth. That doesn't necessarily mean that the BB theory is absolutely correct however it is the best answer going...so far. :tu:

Edit: BTW, good to see you around '63, I always enjoy your views on a lot of the topics around here and although we may not agree from time to time I still value your participation and insight. :tu:

Edited by Slave2Fate

Questioning woo woo claims (instead of looking for the stuff that supports your preconceived notion) is a good thing.

I mean that we don't have proofs or evidences for many more such WIDELY accepted events.... science on speculation and people took it for granted even though it might be wrong.

Fairies in formation! Must be it... Sneaky creatures... ;)

Or fairies flying planes in formation. Yeah, that's the ticket. Fairy-piloted planes. :clap:

Or fairies flying planes in formation. Yeah, that's the ticket. Fairy-piloted planes. :clap:

Damn, thats more likely :D

See how quickly we digress ? :whistle:

[...]

Whats wrong with that? We just looking for all possibilities :rolleyes:

Say, opened our minds :lol:

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 1

I know the Big Bang theory isn't universally popular (if you'll pardon the pun) however being a theory means it is open to change via new evidence. If new evidence is found to challenge BB or even disprove it then I consider that a good thing, in the name of progress and all that. I know that science isn't all seeing and there are considerable gaps in our knowledge, in that sense every scientific theory is very much a work in progress. We have to draw a line somewhere though and apply what we know against what we don't and so far the BB explains more than any other theory put forth. That doesn't necessarily mean that the BB theory is absolutely correct however it is the best answer going...so far. :tu:

Edit: BTW, good to see you around '63, I always enjoy your views on a lot of the topics around here and although we may not agree from time to time I still value your participation and insight. :tu:

Hi S2F, and thanks for the kind words my friend! :tu: ,,,And I can assure you that I regard your posts as among the very best , not only on this forum, but on every discussion forum that I visit!

And that I hold you as a honest and knowledgeable individual, that although slightly more sceptical than myself, you are at least willing to consider to an opposing view.

...And now to the crux of my disagreement with what you say about the 'big bang theory'... :P

" We have to draw a line somewhere though and apply what we know against what we don't and so far the BB explains more than any other theory put forth. That doesn't necessarily mean that the BB theory is absolutely correct however it is the best answer going...so far."

The big bang theory as it stands, is totally reliant on an ever increasing number of 'Hypothetical' entities such as the three that instantly comes to mind... 'Inflation'? , 'Dark Energy'?, and 'Dark Matter'?, ...all of which ,[ I cannot stress enough] no one has ever come close to proving or observing!

Bearing in mind that without these rather inventive,..but woefully unproven theories, the whole premise of the big bang theory collapses in a pile of fatal contradictions when the genuinely scientific observations of real life working astronomers are thrown into the mix!

Now a theory is a theory!...all well and good!...but can you tell me in which other field of physics [or science in general] would this continual recourse to new 'Hypothetical Objects' be accepted as a scientific way of bridging the vast anomalous gaps between 'Scientific Observation' and a 'Theory' that has been shown to contradict the laws of physics?

Cheers Buddy.

• Like 1

Now a theory is a theory!...all well and good!...but can you tell me in which other field of physics [or science in general] would this continual recourse to new 'Hypothetical Objects' be accepted as a scientific way of bridging the vast anomalous gaps between 'Scientific Observation' and a 'Theory' that has been shown to contradict the laws of physics?

Cheers Buddy.

You mean fields like quantum mechanics or string theory? It has been a common practice to 'name' these unknown factors in a theory until they can be observed or defined properly. That doesn't necessarily mean the theory is flawed, just insufficiently researched. Just look at the Higgs boson particle, theoretical until recently (although further research is still pending). Either way, as long as fruitful research is being employed and answers, no matter how slowly, come forth it is all good in my book. That unquenchable desire to 'know' that human kind possesses is possibly our greatest asset. I wish I could further answer your question however if I could I'd probably have a decent job in a scientific field but alas, I'm just a meager fan of science. :tu:

I get the strangest feeling of Déjà vu,... as if you and I have done this before. :unsure2:

Argue about something, but in the end it seems like we are on the same page after all.

Deja Vu....yes just like Pheonix and the triangle there you mean??? :whistle:

Oh, yeah. He's got as much use for the woo woo crowd as we do. Maybe less, come to think of it. Unfortunately there are more of them than there are of real researchers like Quillius and they tend to crowd out the honest work.

Quillius, come out and defend yourself, man! :D

and even less use of those that slap any ludicrous explanation onto some cases....they dont so much crowd out the honest work but sometimes prevent it from happening.

unsure of what I am defending, I thought it was complimentary up until you asked me to defend myself, which made me have to read the previosts posts again, however having done that I am still non the wiser about what to defend??

There it is,... thats just the thing, how it starts. Quillius jumps in somewhere flaiming shooting his mouth and then slowly backs out doing the "I never said it was ET" routine.

Wont fall for that one again. :D

now I am really confused.

as for the 'I never said ET routine' this can only be applied when soemone else forces ET into the picture to make their life a little easier :P

• Like 1

I'm answering this out of order ... mostly because I've not had even my first liter of coffee yet. :no:

unsure of what I am defending, I thought it was complimentary up until you asked me to defend myself, which made me have to read the previosts posts again, however having done that I am still non the wiser about what to defend??

Well, yeah. You can't let these evil skeptics actually say nice things about you, can you? Next thing you know, we'll even be finding points of agreement and that's unheard of. :P

Seriously, it was - and is - complimentary. It's a rare treat to find a true investigator and we wish there were more of you.

Kludge808, on 18 January 2013 - 08:32 AM, said: Oh, yeah. He's got as much use for the woo woo crowd as we do. Maybe less, come to think of it. Unfortunately there are more of them than there are of real researchers like Quillius and they tend to crowd out the honest work.

and even less use of those that slap any ludicrous explanation onto some cases....they dont so much crowd out the honest work but sometimes prevent it from happening.

Somehow that first part reminds me of Blue Book, specifically as it relates to Portage County although I'm sure there are other instances. I lived in Western PA at the time and remember the furor over it.

now I am really confused.

That's okay. So are the rest of us. :yes:

as for the 'I never said ET routine' this can only be applied when soemone else forces ET into the picture to make their life a little easier :P

Poor ET, always getting blamed for things s/he didn't do. :rolleyes:

I'm answering this out of order ... mostly because I've not had even my first liter of coffee yet. :no:

Well, yeah. You can't let these evil skeptics actually say nice things about you, can you? Next thing you know, we'll even be finding points of agreement and that's unheard of. :P

Seriously, it was - and is - complimentary. It's a rare treat to find a true investigator and we wish there were more of you.

Somehow that first part reminds me of Blue Book, specifically as it relates to Portage County although I'm sure there are other instances. I lived in Western PA at the time and remember the furor over it.

That's okay. So are the rest of us. :yes:

Poor ET, always getting blamed for things s/he didn't do. :rolleyes:

ahhh ok I now understand what I must defend.....so allow me to introduce my paranoia......so what is it you guys are distracting me from with these nice words ??? :unsure2:

project blue book! Portage county.....yes, now theres a great understanding of my post if ever I saw one :tu:

oops does that constitute that line of agreement you talked about in your post?? if that doesnt prove telepathy I dont know what does. B)

edit to add: as for ET getting the blame for everything...you should try sitting in plasmas shoes for the day or venus for that matter

Edited by quillius
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just face the facts, we are the "Alien Gods" Offspring, our Fore Fathers are from another world! The Egyptians knew this, they wrote it down many times just as Hundreds of Ancient People have, we are not being "visited" we are the Aliens!

See my website:

http://www.Godisanalien.info

First off, let me apologize for the delay. This whole "old goat disabled vet" thing can be a real bear sometimes. *sigh*

ahhh ok I now understand what I must defend.....so allow me to introduce my paranoia......so what is it you guys are distracting me from with these nice words ??? :unsure2:

The fact that we do agree?

project blue book! Portage county.....yes, now theres a great understanding of my post if ever I saw one :tu:

I read the Wikipedia entry on the Kecksberg UFO. Now, I saw it on its way to becoming the Kecksberg UFO and later talked to a couple people I knew who lived there at the time. They got a good giggle at all the "stuff" the woo woo crowd had made up about it, much of which is reflected in the Wikipedia entry. While not the same thing, I wouldn't doubt the same kind of BS will soon start up about the Russian meteor fall.

oops does that constitute that line of agreement you talked about in your post?? if that doesnt prove telepathy I dont know what does. B)

Guilty as charged. We're on the same side of the fence, to be honest, just looking at things with different eyes. :yes:

edit to add: as for ET getting the blame for everything...you should try sitting in plasmas shoes for the day or venus for that matter

Shoes? I live in Hawaii. Shoes are optional. And Venus is a seriously cute young local lady who was a server at a local Zippies. Haven't seen her for a while, darn it. ;)

• Like 1

Just face the facts, we are the "Alien Gods" Offspring, our Fore Fathers are from another world! The Egyptians knew this, they wrote it down many times just as Hundreds of Ancient People have, we are not being "visited" we are the Aliens!

Your site says it all on the first page, "True Believer." IOW, you go for belief rather than knowledge which contradicts the whole "facts" thing.

But let's assume you're right for a moment. If we're the aliens, who is flying those UFO thingies, other aliens? The mice? Ming the Merciless? Captain Video? Some really short guy named Bob?