Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

62 children close encounter of 3rd kind

Big Bad Voodoo

zimbabwe.jpg

There are certain commonalities in this case that matches other cases. The tight-fitting coverall, also the black or dark color coverall has been reported, short height, large eyes, ufo landing almost like it's a repair, telepathic type communication. I believe this case to be authentic.

This is a very popular case that people continually bring up on forums like these like Roswell, Socorro, Rendlesham Forest or whatever but that's okay, you got to start somewhere and the Ruwa, Zimbabwe case is a good close encounter from the 1990s.

Edited by topsecretresearch

Interesting,... Whenever you have the time, Im looking forward to the the rest, psyche.

In a nutshell, there were several electrical faults in the area in the days before the event, and it always struck me strange that one alien had long black hair. I will elaborate more with more time, just signing off for today, but the descriptions I feel indicate a fault that looks something like ball lighting, travels along lines, and destroys transformers - a surge of sorts, and then I feel that repair crews were out fixing the damage, and the school kids saw a crew at a distance, and the elevated platform made them think these men were in a craft than went of the ground.

When I get more time, I will elaborate, and I will grab a photo of a drawing, and put it next the Lost In Space's Jupiter 2. Damn good likeness. That particular phenomena is not only reported in Africa, but in the general vicinity around the time of this incident.

• Like 1

Surely you jest. The U.S. gov't has opined numerous times over the past 50 years on the topic of UFO's - and they have been far from truthful on the matter.

I will believe a group of kids and their observations far quicker than the typical government response.

Surely I jest?? WTF

Perhaps if I type slower??

T H E S C H O O L I S I N A F R I C A. N O T T H E U S.

The US government has nothing to do with it whatsoever. What do you think the US Government is saying about this case??

Edited by psyche101

Ah, no s*it. Let me try once again, I will believe a group of kids over what they say about an encounter before I believe anything from the U.S. G'umnt.

Many (if not all) UFO believers are convinced that there is a government and mass media conspiracy to cover up the alien activities, making it very difficult for them to prove that the ET is here.

While endlessly appealing, this is an argument from ignorance and implies that every government in the world has efficiently squirreled away all alien artifacts. Unless, of course, the extraterrestrials only visit the US,... where retrieval of material that falls to Earth is supposedly a perfected art form.

Sure, governments lie for all sorts of reasons,... but covering up alien landings,...Nah!

I see no evidence for this other than a general distrust of the government and the fact that many government officials have lied, distorted the truth, and been mistaken when reporting to the general public.

Not a chance - Washington absolutely would not care to, under any circumstances, have to admit the airspace of the U.S. is not under their control. Therefore it is imperative the general public must believe all these objects, sightings, are simply optical phenomena, military test vehicles, etc and nothing more.

What about the rest of the planet!?

Washington! :rolleyes:

Well I must say that I have more faith in what I hear from 62 kids than I do from the U.S. Gov't on this matter.

Wow...

• Like 2

Ah, no s*it. Let me try once again, I will believe a group of kids over what they say about an encounter before I believe anything from the U.S. G'umnt.

Holy cow, let me try this another way.

What is the official story from the Gubbermint?

Well for those of you a little too lazy to dig, take your pick, from Presidents on down:

http://www.aetherius...tent&PageID=656

Are you being deliberately thick!? We are talking about the Ariel schoolchildren close encounter,... What is the official story from the US government?

• Like 1

Thats the easiest 10 bucks youll ever make Haz ! I love the part "have to admit that the U.S air space is under their control " WHat a Blast from the past that sounds like.

Well It is 2013 and we got nuttin eles to do right ? :unsure2:

• Like 1

Well for those of you a little too lazy to dig, take your pick, from Presidents on down:

For those too lazy the read the thread, an entire 3 pages, the case being discussed is not within US jurisdiction. The US Gubbermint has no dog in this race.

10 bucks he has no clue.

I would not be game to take you up on that bet mate ;)

I`ll take that ten bucks ! THeres no proof yet whats so ever that E.T has Landed !

If I may interupt you guys? I think I can see the problem here, Scudbuster was merely making a comparison of the governments level of honesty versus that of children. I dont think he was saying the US's opinion of this case is not to be believed over that of the children. I think he means (any) group of children in general versus what the US government says (about various things).

its amazing how hard it is at times to communicate via the internet.

(I know I have struggled to get a simple point across on another thread....we need tone of voice and facial expressions to assist)

• Like 1

Remember here, the aliens arrive in SPACE SHIPS....

How do YOU know?

The US government has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

How do YOU know?!?!

and it always struck me strange that one alien had long black hair.

Why?

has anybody compared all the descriptions & drawings? are the stories consistent?

the object moved along an electrical line prior landing/hovering, hmmmm.... plasma?

:alien:

zimb.jpg

i would like to see the rest of the pics... :geek:

I had suggested to Mr. Mackie prior to visiting the school and before the children had been interviewed, that he let the children draw what they had seen and he now has about 30-40 drawings, some of which are very explicit and clear, although some are rather vague. http://www.ufocasebo...94zimbabwe.html

Edited by mcrom901

has anybody compared all the descriptions & drawings? are the stories consistent?

the object moved along an electrical line prior landing/hovering, hmmmm.... plasma?

:alien:

still building a collection of the drawings.

The problem is knwoing when each drawing was done and what preceeded said drawing....i.e. how much was influenced by suggestion.

One of the pictures has the words 'for Michael' written on it. This is I believe the guy who also investigated the case and has stayed in touch via facebook with the girl who drew said picture.

There is definately lost of missing pieces to this puzzle, the main being all the drawings with timelines of when they were drawn.

With regards to similarities in drawings, I see them but Psyche does not, so is this subjective? our interpretation of art? especially in young children. Lets say we ask 10 kids to draw a dog....how many dogs will you be able to make out? how many will be similar enough to say its depicting the same thing?

The power line is definately a line of thinking Psyche is keen to follow. I think there are also linked sightings on previous days. I would envisage the chain of events in Psyches head to flow like this:

Plasma (type) phenomena are see by power lines, these are mentioned by people in the town/village as UFOs/lghts in sky. A day or two later the power lines are being fixed by contractors , in their uniforms.....(long hair of alien) The school kids suddenly misidentify these people as aliens (maybe influenced by stories from prior days?)...and then some leading/suggestions by investigators leads us to aliens....

I however dont buy this line of thinking yet although it must be explored,.

It would be great if posters here could join in and post as many of the drawings as they can find etc...

• Like 1

Hey Mcrom,

Have a look at this link on the case

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=217232&hl= ruwa&st=90

in particular posts 94 and 131 for more drawings and a link to further images.

Its not a bad thread actually regarding this case.

Thanks for the link. That's a nice collection of quotes.

Here's Reagan hypothetical situation concerning ETs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QK-XATA-5gs

Reagan was a true believer. Anybody who have seen UFOs would have their mind open to the possibility of what could be out there.

I see that this has been ignored by the skeptics. There are a few from NASA. Were they misrepresented like Buzz? :D

Thanks for the link. That's a nice collection of quotes.

Here's Reagan hypothetical situation concerning ETs.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QK-XATA-5gs[/media]

Reagan was a true believer. Anybody who have seen UFOs would have their mind open to the possibility of what could be out there.

I see that this has been ignored by the skeptics. There are a few from NASA. Were they misrepresented like Buzz? :D

Ignored? Hardly. I'm not too sure you even know what Regan was alluding to in those speeches? He was merely trying to make a point about unity in the face of a greater threat, he wasn't implying that there actually was a threat.

• Like 1

Ignored? Hardly. I'm not too sure you even know what Regan was alluding to in those speeches? He was merely trying to make a point about unity in the face of a greater threat, he wasn't implying that there actually was a threat.

He was trying to get the nations to be more cooperative with each other, yes? that's why I said hypothetical situation. The fact that he used ET in the scenario rather than using another example could indicate he believed they exist.

The fact that he saw UFOs sure as heck would make him a believer. Anybody who had seen it know exactly what I am talking about. Ask MacG why he became interested, ask DONTEATUS, FenderJazz or anyone else(myself included). They sure don't become skeptics.

If I may interupt you guys? I think I can see the problem here, Scudbuster was merely making a comparison of the governments level of honesty versus that of children. I dont think he was saying the US's opinion of this case is not to be believed over that of the children. I think he means (any) group of children in general versus what the US government says (about various things).

its amazing how hard it is at times to communicate via the internet.

(I know I have struggled to get a simple point across on another thread....we need tone of voice and facial expressions to assist)

Gidday Mate

I do not know how it could be more simple. Also, the responses from the US Government have no relation to the case in Ruwa, the children do not affect what the US Government thinks of ET or UFO's they are totally unrelated. I honestly cannot see a reasons to invoke a personal option of certan explanations with a broad brush, when specifically discussing an African case. That's like me starting a thread on Honeybees ion the ET section.

Obviously Scudbuster want a platform to shout from. When he realised it was Africa, that really should have been the end of it there. When people try to explain themselves out of situations like this, it rarely goes well.

But I think we can agree, there is no correlation between the US Government and the Ruwa case. I might as well mention Scooby Doo. It is as relevant aas Scudbusters rant. He is also trying to make people put on the kid gloves because kids are involved. Trying to taint the outcome with emotion. Not much thought going in there I would say. Just what some would consider an easy case for a believer to qualify.

%255Bvelma_b.jpg%255D.jpeg

Why?

Because the rest did not, and black hair is very common in Africa. There is more to the story, but I feel this one fellow did not have his PPE on during the repair works. Making him stand out.