Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rand Paul: Obama thinks he's a King

Yamato

The right to bear arms part. Using verbs in the past tense like "undermined" not required.

So do you no longer have the right to bear arms?

• Like 1

So do you no longer have the right to bear arms?

This isn't about me. Don't get personal with me.

A person might not have the right to bear arms if it's made out of black plastic and scary looking to liberals. A person's children might not have the right to bear their parents' arms after they die. We can go on and on, but the point is, this is erosion of the 2nd Amendment by attrition.

Then you should probably just stop responding to my posts as I've previously asked you to.

][/size]

A person might not have the right to bear arms if it's made out of black plastic and scary looking to liberals.

Then just paint them orange. Second amendment saved.

A person's children might not have the right to bear their parents' arms after they die. We can go on and on, but the point is, this is erosion of the 2nd Amendment by attrition.

Why, yes. Increasing funding for school security will stop American citizen's children from bearing arms.

• Like 1

Then you should probably just stop responding to my posts as I've previously asked you to.

Then just paint them orange. Second amendment saved.

Why, yes. Increasing funding for school security will stop American citizen's children from bearing arms.

I've advocated for increasing funding for school security. What liberals can't understand is that everything that happens in the world doesn't need to come from Washington DC. A federal district of massive gun crime and military aggression that's already got us up to our necks in debt and exponentially increasing future unfunded liabilities. Where does this pretense come from that we can completely ignore fiscal sanity when the money is coming out of other peoples' pocket? The double standard is killing our nation. Statists, put the giant credit card in the sky down. Forward your own great ideas to your own communities, or else move to a new community where your brilliant ideas are represented.

A person might not have the right to bear arms if it's made out of black plastic and scary looking to liberals. A person's children might not have the right to bear their parents' arms after they die. We can go on and on, but the point is, this is erosion of the 2nd Amendment by attrition.

"might might might". Come back when rmtge 2nd has ACTUALLY been infringed, not when it "might" be infringed in some hypothetical situation that only you can tie to one of the EOs.

"might might might". Come back when rmtge 2nd has ACTUALLY been infringed, not when it "might" be infringed in some hypothetical situation that only you can tie to one of the EOs.

Gun hating liberals need to understand that the time to defend our rights is while we still have them. If we wait until ACTUALLY being infringed is in the rear view mirror, it'll be too late.

• Like 1

Gun hating liberals need to understand that the time to defend our rights is while we still have them. If we wait until ACTUALLY being infringed is in the rear view mirror, it'll be too late.

You need to understand that either those who like guns help to solve the current untenable situation or the liberals will.

yeah rand paul is one of the more crazy tea party nut jobs.

A little too much kool-aide there man, you seriously need to lay off for a while.

• Like 2

So - to summarize - there is no single concrete example of second amendment rights being infringed by these executive orders.

Which part of the second amendment do you believe that his executive orders have undermined?

It was just a general statement. As in saying the subject the EO's is dealing with is sensitive.

Although, I dislike how doctors can ask if you have guns in our homes and contradict doctor-patient confidentiality.

So - to summarize - there is no single concrete example of second amendment rights being infringed by these executive orders.

It's all rear view mirror limiting one's thinking to "these" executive orders.

In order to understand definitions of words correctly, we consult the dictionary. Infringe: Act so as to limit or undermine something; encroach on: "infringe on his privacy". Gun control places limits on guns, obviously. I think that's agreeable enough for everyone here. We let states determine matters of our life and death; leave this media-fed issue around inanimate objects in the hands of the states too. This is going easy on the media-fear-mongered gun controllers by ignoring the fact that the 2nd Amendment applies to cities and states too.

Now that we've gotten our definitions out of the way, my major contention is to stop letting fiscally irresponsible mass murdering hypocrites who can't figure out how to pay their own bills run up even more bills to control "the guns" that aren't murdering anybody. The States pay their bills. They're responsible because they don't have the magic bipartisan printing press. That is the rational (affordable) source of funding for our ideas, whatever they may be.

This whole legal initiative about guns needs to be turned completely upside down on its head. We need to control Uncle Sam's guns. And letting Uncle Sam disarm us because of a few sensational media events in the wake of fear isn't any manner of logical prerequisite to doing that.

• Like 2

You need to understand that either those who like guns help to solve the current untenable situation or the liberals will.

I'm not aware of an untenable situation. Violent crime is at a 20+ year low in this country. You mean that one? Or this liberal sensationalism dependent on the fear created by a single media story you want to use as the false pretense to jam your liberal gruel down everyone's throats you don't politically agree with?

Dream on. The "untenable situation" is of your own making.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

It was just a general statement. As in saying the subject the EO's is dealing with is sensitive.

Although, I dislike how doctors can ask if you have guns in our homes and contradict doctor-patient confidentiality.

I believe it's already fairly standard practice for psychiatrists to ask patients that question as part of a suicide risk assessment.

Banning this gun infringes on our 2nd Amendment rights. Just because government guns have grown far more deadly isn't a reason to disarm private citizens of more deadly guns. On the contrary, it's a reason to arm them once we understand the spirit of our own law.

HelloKittyParts.jpg

I believe it's already fairly standard practice for psychiatrists to ask patients that question as part of a suicide risk assessment.

I understand that, and that sounds like a sensible policy. They want to make sure if there are any other people living in the house, if there is a gun, it is locked up and put away. But simultaneously, that leaves room for sane people to be hailed as insane; gun ownership to be treated as a disease. Obamacare and its coincidence with the Executive Orders allow that possibility.

Now that we've gotten our definitions out of the way, my major contention is to stop letting fiscally irresponsible mass murdering hypocrites who can't figure out how to pay their own bills run up even more bills to control "the guns" that aren't murdering anybody. The States pay their bills. They're responsible because they don't have the magic bipartisan printing press. That is the rational (affordable) source of funding for our ideas, whatever they may be.

The States can afford to pay their bills because there's a central bank that protects their fiscal interests on the world stage. Not to mention that rather large redistribution of income from the richest states to the poorest ones.

Remove the Federal government and you'll just create Fifty new central banks with fifty new magic bipartisan printing presses run by fifty new dictatorships.

I understand that, and that sounds like a sensible policy. They want to make sure if there are any other people living in the house, if there is a gun, it is locked up and put away. But simultaneously, that leaves room for sane people to be hailed as insane; gun ownership to be treated as a disease. Obamacare and its coincidence with the Executive Orders allow that possibility.

But this isn't new.

The executive order is just a clarification that the current position will be continuing.

You're right. Fight for your rights and accuse those you're fighting of taking them away before anyone's actually done anything wrong :rolleyes:

But this isn't new.

The executive order is just a clarification that the current position will be continuing.

I agree, it's not exactly new.

Right. It's just the implementation following the clarification that I am worried about.

President=King??? I do not see the resemblance.

No, you're right. The situation is fast becoming more like the Roman Republican idea of a tyrant - an autocractic total ruler who is in place for only a set amount of time.

Which worked well for 500 years, until dear old Julius Caesar turned up and reasoned that if he was ruler for a year if he was clever he could make himself ruler forever.

The main idea from the OP is that if a President can effectively write his own laws, what do we have a Congress for? The distinctions must be clear between how the Legislative Branch makes a law, and how the Executive Branch administers it. Not on paper, but in practice. That's the framework for the great Constitutional debates that Rand Paul is talking about, and we're lacking them on the floor of the Senate and Congress both. Our debt creating bureaucrats simply don't have time. They're too busy working their 2.5 day workweeks in between perpetual campaign fundraising and impressive amounts of leisure time. I thought it'd be nice if we could do here what our leaders cannot.

The main idea from the OP is that if a President can effectively write his own laws, what do we have a Congress for?

Like the Roman Senate under certain Caesars (Nero for example) they're there to rubber stamp the Emperor's ideas.

• Like 1