Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Had Dream Twice now-So Confused! Please Help?

Alij

The first time I had it, I didn't write it down i didn't try to remember it or anything.....I just recently woke from a nap (family member woke me up and didn't finish the dream or get as far as I believe I got the first time) but I remember having it before. Within the last 6 months (but I know its been at least 3 since I had it)

As soon as I woke I started writing so I wouldn't forget this time.!

In my dream, I can't explain where Im at, it makes me think of a college ground but aparetments or something, with other buildings connected. Im in, what I believe is my home. Im with whom I believe is my ex husband (tho in the dream im not sure if together or just living together or what in the dream it took as) I just remember I heard sirens...like cops or ambulance....I see a scared boyish/man (not a young teen but maybe early 20's)running, he's scared. I honestly feel he has done nothing wrong. I know someone is after him but I have no clue why or who. My (ex) husand opens the door I signal for the young guy to follow me. I take him out the back! I rush him to the back door. My ex has closed the front door by now. As I open the back door to let him out I hear knocking up front. I see about 3 men, in uniform (looks like cops but doesn't feel right about it) I never see there face cause of the curtains on the door but I know they are comming to at least ask questions. I close the back door and follow the guy for a moment.

I tell him something like "I can't go any farther or they will see me and know I helped you" I point out across the street and takes off. I turn back to run back to my back door, I see a car that as just parked and I feel that someone is watching me. I pull out some keys and head for stairs. Running as fast as I can to get as far as I can and to hide. I unlock one door no where connected to my home (this is why I feel like a school, the lay out and running inside...but I had to unlock it to get it) I felt it didn't matter what door I headed for I would need to unlock it. I unlock and get inside only to keep running, I sense they are close as if they left their car to follow me. I run up more stairs and jump under these bleacher looking things, but it is only bars for seats so its easy to see something under neath. I realize its my only chance and jump at the far end, pushing open these bleacer bars and cramp myself underneath closeing it then. Hopeing someone would take a quick glance and take off without paying attention.

I see a man (different nothing like any man Ive seen, yet he seems quite normal) He takes a double looks,then squats down and smiles and says "I see you" I act as if Im asleep or something, maybe to pull off Ive been there the whole time or something.... I fear and hear the bars pushed open and I feel him grab my arm. Not hard or anything but he pulls me up to my feet. He then says "You didn't have to run." In a calm voice "I parked there by you for a reason"

The next part is almost like a new scene. Same place but now more people arrive as if they were searching together. They seem nice and feels as if friendship is bonded quickly.

Next scene Im watching dancing or something on my phone. The guy who found me (i never know names of anyone here) makes a comment something about he doesn't understand it from watching or something...i honestly dont remember exactly what he said. But I start dancing, trying to show off. My (ex) never shows back up the only role his character had in my dream was opening the door and answering when those men came knocking, I dont see him at all after that the first time nor this last time I dreamt it. Anyways-the whole groupd is dancing, the groupd of people who were apparently looking for me.

I dont know how but now its a like a new scene we are at the bottom and I feel someone is comming...a group of bad guys...We are all running trying to get away on this college type layout or something (on the side walks). The guys from this groupd is always different, dfiffernt looks or different body shapes....almost its as if anybody who can just fill the spots....they looks and such are not the same in the dream, only the actions. The ONLY person who is the same in both is the leader after us. Its Kiefer Sutherland, except he looks JUST like he did in the Lost Boys movie. Everytime I see him and wake up I always think of that movie and I haven't seen that movie in YEARS! over 15 years at least.

So I see them, they are trying to catch my friends, We all run into a building and ofcorse they can't get in cause its locked without the keys....except one girl. I jump out and push inside before they surround me. I know I can't open the door or they will follow so I close it and stand there. The door is at the top of about 5 steps. So I stand on the steps, on the last one at them, THe leader is beside me he doesn't smile or anything.

He says something...something he should NOT have known...but I can't remember exactly what...I honestly cannot remember if he said someting like my name or about the boy i let escape or what. I try to hide my shock face around the wall of the stairs. He simles and leans over jsut enough so I can see his face. I remember running but they were no where near close. There were so many turns and such and my friends are running too. At one point we are all together again but I can't remember all that cause I was shortly woken then.....

Ive had this EXACT same dream twice...about the groupd about the running, about trying to get someone away....its like a movie or something but i haven't watched anything like this ...i actually haven't watched tv for some time except family guy at night before bed lol.I didn't get a full scared feeling tho in the dream....like I knew IIIIIIII would not be harmed....BUT i was afraid my friends would be...and that is was scared me. Like he was just toying with me...so....any thoughts?

hmm so is there another site I can go to for responses?....i dont seem to be getting anything in any topic area...:(

I've had similar dreams. Not the content, just meaning the "movie"-like nature. I had one about mutant vampires that I was hunting with a group of people. One about a huge troll/ogre that was after my family(recurring). Another about a group of black suits were chasing the group I was in becuase we were "mutant"(sort of like X-men).

Like Prof T said in another thread, these dreams are usually multi-layered, and have deep significance behind them. Normally it will translate into something you are dealing with in physical life. Pay attention to the emotions that you have, and how things make you feel, etc. Really dissect the dream to try to get to it's core. Often things are symbolistic.

Start writing all your dreams down in a dream journal, and go back thru and read them every now and again. Don't get discouraged if you have dry spells every now and again, either. Sometimes I will go days without a dream I can remember, other times I have 3, 4, 5, or even more dreams a night.

oh i have started a dream..lol otherwise i wouldn't have remembered the details-i wrote it as soon as i woke! And every now and then I do have dry spells last night i didn't have a dream either. I normally have the most if I take a nap

• Like 1

Alij,

Just a few observations from a Judeo/Christian point of view. Your dream (and the description of your dream) may have already answered your questions, though I would like to add a few observations.

Are you a somewhat organized person, and yet sometimes very impatient also? You organized your post into 10 paragraphs, taking the time to double-space between parargraphs, and yet you didn't spell-check or edit the details of your post. I'm guessing that you see the importance of structure in your life, and yet you tend to gloss over the details.

Your views on authority are interesting: your ex-husband is the one who steps up and answers the door to the frightened young man. I'm curious why your subconscious mind would put your ex-husband in that role. Do you feel your divorce opened a door into a world that is less secure and more frightening? On the other hand, I wonder if this ties in to the strong sense of loyalty that is displayed in your dreams as well as in real life: you were compelled (in your dream) to help the frightened young man find a way of escape, and (in real life) you mentioned your ex-husband two times without saying anything negative about him.

You mention men, boys and guys 7 times (if you include the reference to "Family Guy"), and you mentioned a girl once. You specifically mention Kiefer Sutherland and the fact you haven't watched that movie for at least 15 years. I'm just guessing, but I'm going to assume that 15 years ago your life was less confusing and less troublesome than it is now. Maybe you have fond memories of a less-complicated time in your life, when the young, handsome and reckless boys in the "Lost Boys" movie filled your dreams, as compared to the three police officers in your current dreams that couldn't be trusted? Do the three police officers represent authority, or do they represent the ideal structure of the world that you envisioned as a child, a structure that now seems to be crumbling, or at best, suspicious.

Well, I have other thoughts about your dream, but the pork steak I put in the skillet (cooked in olive oil of course) is almost done, and my hunger is obscuring my focus.

Let me know if my observations gave you some insight.

• Like 1

Oh gosh I didn't think of it like that but it makes so much sense! After I got divorced life, in general was just harder. I always felt like I had to run away to try to start over with something in life and feel like I was just put back in the same problem...only to feel I couldn't solve it. Putting paragraphs I thought would be better so people could read it easier...yet I rarely do spell checks on anything unless its a job or school or something...hmm now I almost feel I have more questions yet I don't know what to ask lol

Oh and I wasn't that into the lost boys..just when I see that actor I reference it back to that movie tho I haven't seen too many with him in it. I just think of that character in the movie as being very cruel..at the same time its almost as if he had to be...I guess

Alij,

I have a few more thoughts and observations about your dream. First I think I should caution you about writing too much information about yourself on the internet. I get the impression from your post that you want to trust people, though you are having some anxiety about who you can trust in a world that makes you dream about people chasing you. I thought it interesting that you seem to have shown some intuitive discretion by not naming the family member who woke you from your nap. However, I'm wondering why you posted a picture of yourself as your avatar? Keep in mind, this site isn't like FaceBook where you can choose your friends. I'm guessing that you act impulsively at times, and you don't get enough information before you act. You made two references to education (college & school), so I'm going to assume your subconscious is trying to tell you to be more "investigative" before jumping into something....

Which is good segue for me to bring up the Judeo/Christian aspect of your dream (as I see it):

The man who found you hiding in the bleachers, the one who took you out of hiding and smiled at you on two occasions, who was "different, nothing like any man I've seen, yet he seems quite normal", may represent Jesus.

".....he pulls me up to my feet. He then says "You didn't have to run." In a calm voice "I parked there by you for a reason"."

I think most people, when they have that first encounter with Jesus, are surprised when they realize that he seems more like a lamb than a lion, and wonder why they've been running from him for so long.

Then you immediately return to dancing, or that part of your life that helps you ignore the craziness around you. When you're dancing, or "showing off" as you put it, when you're the center of attention and you're comfortable with the attention you're getting (unlike the the attention you get from all those people chasing you), that's when your feelings of security return.

Well, I have some household chores to do. If you're still interested, I'll add a few more observations later.

Alij,

Nice avatar!

I gave this a lot of thought this afternoon. You're looking for answers, and as you intimitated in your 2nd post, you want answers RIGHT NOW. I don't want to sound harsh, but that's something you have to get under control. It's a good and honorable thing to seek the truth, but there are many wrong paths, and there are multitudes of people who are happy to give wrong directions. It can be a trap to reach for the first idea that catches your attention and has an air of authenticity.

Jesus himself addressed this a few times. Luke 14:28 talks about "counting the cost" before you ever start building. Luke 6:48 tells about the man who was building a house, and how he "dug deep" to lay the foundation on solid rock. Believe me, there is a lot of sand to dig through to find that rock!

I'm telling you this because I had to learn the hard way. I'm the guy who was "tossed about by every wind of doctrine". It took me a long time to humble myself, pick up the shovel, and start digging.

If you want a good starting point, I recommend "The Sermon on the Mount" in the gospel of Luke.

I hope I haven't been too presumptious! Please forgive me if I've over-reached in my analysis!

would you analyze another dream? Its one I had maybe a few months ago-and I still haven't forgotten it.

And when you mentioned my ex, the only reason I did not elaborate over him is because there is not feelings anymore. There are negative things to say about him, yes-but I don't wish to do that. (what goes around comes around) so as long as he stays away or keeps his distant then I have no qualms.

Edited by Alij

Hey I'd love to! Just so long as you understand I'm NOT a real "dream interpreter". I've just always been fascinated by how the mind works. Over the years, I have learned to listen to what people project in their conversations (and now apparently in their dreams) and I try to steer the conversation around to what it is they are really trying to say. There's nothing mystical or spiritual to it. In a way, it's a Sherlock Holmes kind of approach.

Well I agree, but I also disagree. I feel people can and sometimes do have some spiritual dreams and or hidden meanings...but I think those special dreams happen on more of a seldom ocasion rather then often. Anyways here's my dream...

I was at work, with all employees and boss there working (like normal) but there were extra rooms and doors that in reality are not really there.

The Pope came in...tho as soon as he did I felt almost an evil presence. Like he wasn't the real Pope...or something. I just knew I felt something off as soon as the dream began with me seeing him. (NOW mind you...I am a believer of God and a christian I classify myself as...tho Ive had friends say I sound more like Hindu after having a long discussion on it....and I didn't know about that religion as far as details until I began researching it only AFTER told that-and I do not watch nor follow anything with the pope)

So in the dream (other then doing my job) I eventually go into a back room (not there in real life) and the Pope follows. He stands on the other side of the table and says "A storm is comming" with almost this evil look on his face. Again I had a bad feeling about him, I was worried being in the same room with him. I look out the widow that is in my view and see it is bright and sunny out. I begin to disregard, telling him its not or that its too sunny out. .. BUT before I even begin I see it get so dark, almost black out the widow..clouds move so fast comming in that it looks as if some pressed Fast Forward on the dream or something.

Then the 'Pope' changes. He's competely red, a demon feeling I get...maybe Satin himself or something....Suddenly there are candles...I see the start pentagram on the table and he seems like he is begining to do a spell or a seance of some kind. I reach over the table and grab a candle, believing I can stop him as long as I have this candle....I truly thought without it, without everything in place he couldn't continue. He gets mad and too, grabs the candle. We begin pulling at it, both trying to take it from another. The whole time Im scared but I felt I had to stop it some how. Then he does something-he stops, lets go of the candle and walks around the table and stands right up against me with even more of a hatred look...I got the feeling he was about to kill me to finish this if I didn't give back the candle and 'let' him finish. I throw the candle and run out.

The whole time trying to get back home or call my ex, Im thinking about my son. Wondering if hes' okay, if hes' going to die because of me or because of what I just saw. I finally get my ex to answer the phone who tells me my son is with him. I rush back home, eager to tell him and his family (as even in the real life its the only people I still know or talk to) I tell myself "they wont believe me...they wont believe me they will think Im crazy"

In the dream, I get to them-they are all sitting around a kitchen table. I tell them the story of the Pope and what happened and they give me a weird look...begin saying Im crazy or asking me whats wrong. The next thing I know is they are trying to put me in a mental institution saying Ive gone crazy. The whole time Im even more scared because not only am I trying to be locked away...but no one believes me...and that thing is still out there...wondering what he is going to do or his plan or if theres any way to stop him...or even wondering if he was going to come back after me for talking about it.. soon after I woke up-with those thoughts still in my mind for a few moments until I realized it was a dream.

and yes... i do seem to have a lot of dreams about doors or rooms......and I guess I never really paid attention to that....I had another one after looking through one after looking through my journal that I forgot...always going from room to room. I was like in this abandoned temple like place (yet still nicely kept) The best part of the dream was going to all these different rooms (except the dungion place) but there was a spirit that it seemed everytime I got close or somewhere it would come out and chace me and my friends (i had at least 2-3 others in the dreams like friends but not anyone in particular...or that i remember) I kept feeling like I had questions or something to do so I HAD to search and then every so often this spirit/ghost would come out and chase us or try to scare us and I would take off running forfear of literally dying!

Eventually I came to one room that was so georgous its beyound words. I loved it, i wanted to look through the room, know more about it. It seemed like some sort of a shrine or sacred place in this temple/ or castle like place. I wanted it to be mine...or a place just for me to go to. Then that spirit again came and chased me out of it-then I woke up...

Hm... Well, I may have already reached the limits of my dream interpretation abilities. I've tried looking at this from different viewpoints, and this is all I could come up with:

"I kept feeling like I had questions or something to do so I HAD to search and then every so often this spirit/ghost would come out and chase us or try to scare us and I would take off running for fear of literally dying!"

I'm going to call this as a warning about your interest in astral projection. Why would you want to separate your mind from your body? I mean, isn't that what happens when we "literally die"? In my experience, a healthy partnership between the mind and the body leads to a healthier life. They work together, along with our spiritual self. Each aspect (body, mind & spirit) has a function, and they work best in conjunction and when kept in balance. It's the spiritual part that Jesus was referring to when he said you must be born again. Without a healthy, growing spirit, we become like an unbalanced wheel; we find ourselves going in circles, or maybe running from room to room searching for "some sort of a shrine or sacred place in this temple/ or castle like place".

Your recurring dreams, as you said yourself, involve a lot of different rooms, and the feeling of being compelled to search for something. Yes, a search for truth is good and honorable, but the flip side of that is something you noticed in your dreams but didn't give enough importance to: you're carrying a set of keys to unlock all those doors to all of those rooms. From a Judeo-Christian point of view, this would represent a form of pride. You want to control which doors are opened to you. It's not a natural, or easy, thing for us to humble ourselves and knock on the door, waiting for it to be opened, as in "Knock, and it will be answered, ask and you shall receive". We want to be the one in control, the one carrying the keys to open the door. It goes against the grain to admit that the room we're wanting into doesn't have a keyhole.

That's all for now.

Edited by simplybill

hmm i didn't even think of it like that. I think thats how I am tho, I want to control everything in my life and have the say so for this or that. AlthoughI didn't get any sense of anything bad in AP world or trying to seperate mind and body.I felt like i was on an adventure trying to search for something or learn more about and an enemy (the spirit/ghost) chasing me like, I felt it was trying to keep me from finding or achieving any goal.